Aquamarine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aquamarine Reviews

December 25, 2017
well......I've seen bits of this film ,but not all of it.
December 17, 2017
Aquamarine is a 2006 film about a mermaid trying to find love to prove to her father, who doesn't believe in love, that love truly exists. In the movie the mermaid ends up in a pool after a storm that her father provoked after she decided to run away from home because she was being forced to marry a seahorse that she did not love. When she ends up in the pool, the teenage girl that lives in the house, Claire, and her best friend Hailey, find her and they are completely in shock from seeing a mermaid. Aquamarine, the mermaid, explains to them what happened and why she ended up there. The complication comes when Aquamarine's father tells her that she only has three days to prove that love exists, otherwise she will have to come home, or he will provoke another massive storm to get her back. To convince the girls to help her, Aquamarine offers to grant them any wish they want. Finally, the girls agree to help her, and that is when the movie starts developing the climax and it's rising action.
The movie is not for any type of people, since it's a girly-chic-flic- type of movie. This doesn't mean that the movie is less interesting or entertaining than an action film or any other movie genre. It is a very complete film, with plot twists, drama, even some magic is involved. It even makes you anxious at some parts, like for example, she turns into human when she is out of water during the day, but after sunset she becomes a mermaid whether she is in the water or not, and there's one part in the movie that she is on a date and she forgets about this curfew so she has to run away from her date to get it in the water in time before he sees her turn into a mermaid.
The special effects in the movie are very sophisticated and real looking. The mermaid tail looks like it has real fish scales and like it's an actual part of Aquamarine. Another great stunt in special effects are the storms. They turn the whole skies black with extreme lightning and thunder, the ocean looks like it's going to come out of the screen with it's huge waves and wind.
Another enjoyable feature of the movie is the setting. It takes place in a beautiful beach where they swim with dolphins, dive for sea stars and more. The fact that it takes place in a beach makes it a very relaxing and serene type of movie. This is probably one of the best things about it.
The plot of the movie doesn't always revolve around the girls. There are also family issues and adult situations. For example, Hailey's family moves a lot because of her mother's job. Of course, Hailey doesn't want to keep moving because she is comfortable and happy where she lives. This makes Hailey to blame her mother for making her life harder. Therefore, having a difficult relationship as mother and daughter.
Another example is Claire's family. She has a hard time dealing with the absence of her parents. Thankfully, she has her loving grandparents to take care and look out for her. These situation with the girls make you appreciate what you have and what people do for you. Sometimes we don't see how many sacrifices our loved ones do for us to have everything we want and to be happy.
That's where the lesson of the movie comes in. In the beginning we believe that the only way to prove that love exists is a romantic love. But there are many types of love that can be as proving and strong. Like the love that you feel for a friend or a relative. That's what the movie itself tells you. Sometimes the love between friends and family is more evident than a romantic love.
The way that the movie portrays the plot about love, friendship and family is very relatable and accurate in real life situations. Which is what I consider to be the key to any good movie. A good film must have meaning or some sort of way to impress you or contribute in your life. Otherwise, it's an empty film.
August 15, 2017
Splashing success!!!!
½ April 14, 2017
Think of this as like combining The Little Mermaid and a teen sappy Disney Channel movie into one and this is what you get. Aquamarine is an okay film but does have it's gullible teen moments. Predictable storyline and almost eerily similar to Disney's Little Mermaid. Cast is okay and it's your average chick flick
April 9, 2017
amazing film ­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?­~?
½ March 28, 2017
Emma Roberts is hot, but this movie was not. Also the movie seemed clunky and amateurish all in order to cater to pre-teen girls, I felt I didn't see much potential in a movie that combines pre-teen girl social lives and marine biology. Aquamarine played out like Unfabulous working as hard as possible to acknowledge the existence of SpongeBob Squarepants.
August 22, 2016
love this movie its funny and cool I remeber watching it when I was really young I can't seem to figure out how to play it tho­~'­~ą
but still great!
July 27, 2016
loved it one of my favorite movies from when I was a youngster
June 9, 2016
20 Century Fox attempts to make a Disney Channel-esque feature film, and shamefully succeeds.
½ March 21, 2016
I donno why people rated it so badlly......I actually love this movie........one of my all time favorite
October 12, 2015
I what to watch the movie
½ September 22, 2015
It's predictable in most ways, but Aquamarine is cute, lighthearted and likable for girls, and has much more meaning in it's message than others.
September 7, 2015
Cut movie for young ladies. I like movies with car chases and explosions. This is a pretty decent movie for my daughter and me to watch together.
August 10, 2015
For what it is, Aquamarine was actually somewhat enjoyable. Of course it included some of the worst one liners I've ever heard, as well as a very predictable plot. Even so, Aquamarine was fun enough to watch a second time.
August 9, 2015
Charming and romantic.
June 9, 2015
i want to see it now
June 1, 2015
I love this movie it is so good
April 9, 2015
a fun girly movie, with lots of laughter and good sentimentality too.
April 6, 2015
i realy want to watch it
April 2, 2015