Arthur Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arthur Christmas Reviews

March 30, 2018
In a world in which Santa is a title rather than a person and most of the traditional gift-delivering methods have been replaced with modern technology, the current Santa's youngest son, Arthur (James McAvoy) finds out that due to a glitch, one child's present hasn't been delivered. With only hours to spare, Arthur teams up with his Grandsanta (Bill Nighy) and Bryony (Ashley Jensen) an overexcitable Elf from the wrapping division, to take the old sleigh out one more time, in order to get the gift delivered on time...

Arthur Christmas, being Aardman Animations first CGI feature that doesn't use the traditional Nick Park character designs, not only manages to maintain the studio's iconic British wit and humour from their other projects, but it's terrific voice-acting, heartwarming lessons about trying to use the best elements of the new and old ways to make the perfect Christmas and it's tightly paced plot, makes this one of the best modern Christmas films out there.
March 16, 2018
Its a good movie but there are some parts that i don't like alot
½ March 16, 2018
not my favorite movie
January 26, 2018
Funny, entertaining, provoking and with charismatic characters Arthur Christmas is a clever and worthy Christmas' movie that transmits an important message to the kids and the adults.
December 27, 2017
Lovely christmas story. Some very funny jokes. I watch every year.
½ December 26, 2017
I thought this would have been a silly kids movie for Christmas and I'm so glad I was wrong because I have to say the Christmas spirit is alive and well in this one. It had some silly humor but it had a lot of soul and at the end it made for a good holiday movie. "Arthur Christmas" was at its core a heartfelt movie.
½ December 24, 2017
A surprisingly good British animated Christmas movie that is funny and heartfelt and could become a Holiday classic in the future, if it's not already.
½ December 22, 2017
Arthur Christmas, maybe is not the best animation of the genre, but still is a good christmas movie with a great message for the childrens out there. Plus: The visual is amazing and the movie is very well animated. (3,5/5)
December 22, 2017
One of my favorite Christmas movies of all time. In my opinion, this is a new Christmas classic and a must see for the whole family.
December 17, 2017
One of the best Christmas films I?ve ever seen
December 16, 2017
Witty, warm, and creative...one of those sleepers that should have been acknowledged more
December 12, 2017
Bizarre high praise for this Aardman effort, it has no chance of making a regular yuletide appearance at our house I'm afraid. It's a bit too long and fails really to be either funny enough or sentimental enough. Felix was bored and asked me a couple of times it it had 'nearly finished'. It's no 'Polar Express', sorry! +++ 2017 UPDATE +++ Well despite Felix being 'bored' last year he seemed to remember everything about this film so I relented and we watched it again. I must have been having a Scrooge moment as it's much, much better than I remembered. Touching and funny, so clearly I was talking nonsense!
December 10, 2017
Christmas has been a technological, highly organised affair where Santa is a figure head and his son Steve and the elves do all the work. Arthur, his younger son is awkward and clumsy but when a little girl's present gets left behind he must deliver the present and keep the spirit of Christmas alive.
Arthur Christmas has a star studded cast of voice actors, James McAvoy voices Arthur, embodying the joy and nave innocence of the character and injecting a lot of emotion into the more dramatic and poignant moments in the film. Bill Nighy is very funny as Grand Santa and the British cast is nicely rounded out with Hugh Laurie as Steve and Jim Broadbent as Santa.
The whole premise of the film is nice and the plot is quite solid, starting with a little girl writing to Santa, to the present being lost and the quest to deliver in to her in time for Christmas morning. The pace is fairly consistent, although it does start to drag a little towards the end and the film starts to feel longer than it is. The jokes and criticisms of how technological and clinical the present delivery system has become is also quite well done and the conclusion of the film is very charming.
This is a film that will certainly appeal to children whilst also being entertaining for adults and is a nice addition to the holiday film genre.
December 10, 2017
Amazing animation, an irresistibly charming protagonist brought to life by the voice of James McAvoy, good jokes and a heartwarming and sometimes dramatic storyline shows that Aardman do not mess around when they do their work, even when they've put stop-motion on hiatus and gone to CGI land to join the cool kids. And yes, I know they already did that with Flushed Away but at least they're not simply saying "Hey look, we're hip and modern now". Bill Nighy shines as old-man St. Nick, otherwise known as Grandsanta. From beginning to end, I was captivated by the story, especially since the movie immediately grabs my attention with a Christmas present delivery action sequence before our hero, the granddaddy and a stowaway go on an adventure to ensure a little girl gets her present. Arthur Christmas succeeds at showing that Sony Pictures Animation may not quite be the son of Satan that we make the studio out to be, especially after that specific movie that came out last summer. A fun Christmas adventure for all ages.
½ December 9, 2017
Accidentally discovered on Netflix, never heard of it before and it not being Disney/Pixar I honestly didn't expect much from it - but it's absolutely brilliant. Kids love it (silly grandpa in the bin) and there's enough witty banter to keep the adults amused, pure xmas joy - watch it.
November 25, 2017
There is one binding thought that makes this movie stand out and that makes it impossible to rate it with anything less than 5 stars: always be happy, whatever you do. It's a thought that gets lost in the everyday world, though it shouldn't. We should all find what makes us happy and hold on to that. Arthur Christmas was a refreshing and heartwarming story in its whole but that one little thought behind it makes it shine brighter than most other Christmas movies.
½ November 24, 2017
This movie is both hilarious and touching, I can say I legitimately teared up at some points. And the ending is just amazing in my opinion, its a great christmad movie and im very happy i took the time to watch it
½ November 7, 2017
My nephew jumps up and down for joy because he loves this movie so much
½ October 19, 2017