August Rush Reviews

• Sep 29, 2019

This movie was absolutely amazing. It hit close to my heart, as I am someone who loves music more than the typical person. I don't understand why it got such bad reviews, I really liked it, and my family did also.

• Jul 28, 2019

As long as technical details and direction issues I have no saying, because of my lack of knowledge on those aspects. But when it's about the emotions and heart that "August Rush" shows, I can truly say that everyone with a huge love for music will find this film touching, emotional and beautiful.

• Jul 06, 2019

Sorry Tomatometer and critics... but this fable was AMAZING! 5 out of 5 stars! The music is what made the movie... the cinematography was beautiful and Robin Williams did such an amazing job in his small role here.

• Mar 07, 2019

As a music educator with some knowledge of early childhood musical development, this story may be fiction but is entirely plausible. I can see that only 36 % of 124 critics viewed it favorably, But the 82% of 229,213 user ratings speaks volumes. This is a GREAT movie.

• Feb 16, 2019

This movie brought me to tears of joy. I adored it!

This movie brought me to tears of joy. I adored it!

• Sep 23, 2018

A beautiful heart touching movie. Only thing rotten about this movie are the critics. :-)

• Aug 02, 2018

The movie was excellent based on its theme of hearing music. The movie hints at this strange thing called music but it is subliminal; therefore it is not a piano or cello. Everyone hears it, but they choose to ignore it. In reality people move on. In the movie, the characters perform actions that allow the movie to get to its ending. Therefore the movie is not corny due to this movement. You will note the movie was just under two hours, and certain scenes were deleted. Movies should end within two hours. Based on this theme, the movie is excellent.

• Jul 10, 2018

I remember watching this movie as a kid when it just came out. It has been my favorite ever since. Although the plot is somewhat predictable and there are a couple plot holes, it is a sweet movie with good music and a good message. I still find it entertaining to watch.

• Jul 02, 2018

One of my favorites of all time.

One of my favorites of all time.

• Jun 25, 2018

This movie transcends all other movie forms. It takes the viewer on a journey, causing them to empathize with the characters. The pain and triumph cause viewers to ache and to rejoice. Never has a movie touched an audience more implicitly.