Bachelorette - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bachelorette Reviews

August 12, 2016
This was not very funny and the characters were forgettable.
½ July 15, 2016
Car crash. Who would have thought it could go so wrong with that cast ¯\_(?)_/¯
½ March 5, 2016
Would've been better if the focus was more on Rebel Wilson's character, but nonetheless a few strong comedic moments amongst the otherwise wholesome mess
½ February 27, 2016
I Highly Doubt Anyone In There Right Mind Will Laugh All The Way Thru This. I Laughed Twice, Once At The 1hr-10m Mark, & Then 10m Later At The Best Man Speech..Then, ..2.5min Later It All Ended. What A Waste Of Talent, Budget & My Time. AVOiD!!!!
½ February 3, 2016
This movie really sucked!
January 18, 2016
Amazing cast but that's where it ended. Terrible jokes, bad storyline. Waste of time.
½ December 27, 2015
The worst movie I've seen in some time. A bad movie is one thing this is honestly terrible. Terrible script, terrible director. Be concerned about the mental health of anyone who thinks this movie is even remotely funny. These coked out mean spirited jealous losers are an insult to women. Horrible movie.
November 25, 2015
Fairly entertaining. Nice cast.
½ October 5, 2015
This is probably what The Hangover would have been like had it been made with female characters: a raunchy version of Bridesmaids that is dirtier, more politically incorrect and funny as hell - gladly lacking that typical sentimentality found in most comedies today.
August 17, 2015
Basada en la obra de teatro de Leslye Headland y también dirigida por ella, "Bachelorette" trata de que sintamos simpatía por tres amigas de secundaria (Kristen Dunst, Lizzy Caplan e Isla Fisher) quienes son invitadas a la boda de una cuarta (Rebel Wilson) a la que antes llamaban "cara de cerda". Es casi imposible sentir simpatía por unas amigas inmaduras que se mueren de la envidia por su compañera y quienes tratan de arruinarle la boda, que se la pasan consumiendo sustancias psicoactivas a cada momento para continuar con su superficialidad, que creen que el mundo gira en torno a ellas y quienes tienen unos hombres demasiado buenos para ellas. La verdad, no se si "Bachelorette" trató de ser un intento de estamento feminista, pero no lo es. Sus protagonistas son unas verdaderas hijas de puta tratando de parecer niñas buenas en una película vil que tiene actores demasiado buenos para ella.
July 18, 2015
Hilarious situational comedy!
½ July 12, 2015
Not good but breezy and fun.
July 5, 2015
A "female" version of The Hangover in real time instead of backtracking your steps. Has some funny moments but not enough to be good.
June 25, 2015
The standard rom-com, except there's several couples with angst rather than just the one here.
½ June 20, 2015
Not only is this movie unfunny but worse still, it can't decide what it wants to be. Funny? Dramatic? Or more often, just nasty.
May 10, 2015
At first I thought I hated this movie, but I realized that I just hated these people! The characters are all unlikeable, with their own unfortunate quirks, but the more I watched, the more interested I became in their antics! It was very entertaining, especially Regan's rapid switching on-and-off of supportive best friend/ jealous bitch / psychotic control freak. I wouldn't want to hang out with these coked out party animals, but I must admit I enjoyed watching them pull it all together for the wedding! This is definitely not Bridesmaids-style comedy, but it has it's place on the humour spectrum (towards trashy, I'd say).
½ March 28, 2015
Kind of disappointing. I didn't hate it, but for a comedy, it was low on laughs. I think the only even vaguely likeable one out of the three girls was Isla Fisher, and actually she was pretty horrible too, but kind of dumb, so you could laugh at it. Kristen Dunst I have never before seen so harsh on screen. The third girl I didn't recognize as an actress and I didn't like her at all.
Rebel Wilson is the only one you can really like here, but her screen time is less than the other three.
Maybe I just expected better because of the cast. I will have to watch it again sometime with my lowered expectations.

27/3/15
Actually did appreciate this more on a second viewing. Realising it wasn't going to be a laugh a minute (though there certainly are some dark laughs to be had), I could better see these girls are actually quite troubled. I didn't find Isla's character funny this time, actually she's very sad. Funnily enough, I liked Kirsten more this time.
A flawed, but decent study of the rivalries hidden behind friendships.
½ March 22, 2015
A movie that is very offensive with unfunny jokes, unlikable and unfunny characters and too much drug use.

Better off watching Bridesmaids instead.
February 10, 2015