The Back-up Plan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Back-up Plan Reviews

August 27, 2016
its was funny but its not
½ August 14, 2016
Hahaha funny ending! Good movie and funny!
½ July 15, 2016
It's not bad it's an entertaining new take on a romantic comedy
February 2, 2016
Ok but not all that!!!
½ November 26, 2015
Lame Ass Love Story Involving Bad Acting By Very Abysmal Actors, Crummy Jokes & A Bullsh*t Fake Romance Story Focussed Entirely On Jenefier Lopez's Need To Pro-create 'Her' Way.
August 11, 2015
The love for NY is not overseeable in this movie, but what are they trying to do here: creating a terrible, forgettable and downright stupid version of sex and the city or recreating a rom com we all seen about one million times? They succeeded at both.
½ July 26, 2015
Aunque el argumento no es muy original que digamos, la historia acaba siendo entretenida, con dos o tres muy buenas puntadas con las que te vas a reír. El final es perfectamente predecible (como en todas las películas de este género), sin embargo, si la ves pasarás un rato agradable.
July 18, 2015
More Alex O shirtless, I'm so there.
June 27, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........THE 2 BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS MOVIE ARE Alex O'Loughlin (From the brilliant tv series Hawaii five-o), Eric Christian Olsen (From the brilliant tv series ncis los angeles)......
May 10, 2015
Hilarious movie. Sweet and touching makes me forget about other things and get lost in it.
May 6, 2015
Yet another completely forced situation to achieve the same outcome, if you enjoy this genre you'll enjoy this romantic farce.
½ April 26, 2015
"No sirve ni como plan Z" true
April 26, 2015
Ihan kiva hmppleffa... ;) (Suom. Varasuunnitelma)
March 20, 2015
Not even J-Lo can save this.
February 27, 2015
this was a romantic comedy I loved it
January 17, 2015
Very funny and cute.
January 3, 2015
I wish I had a back-up plan to see anything else other than this movie. Well 2015 is here and the first thing that I asked myself, "What better way to kick off the New Year than to review something that doesn't involve fantasy or sci-fi stuff. I know, why not a romance comedy starring Jennifer Lopez? Surely that will be a nice change of pace." Well it sure was because now I want to go back to reviewing my pop culture films. Sadly enough, this was the first movie that I watched two days ago and let me tell you that Hollywood will just come up anything with a half-ass script that involves a romance. Don't get me wrong, Jennifer Lopez is one of the few actresses on this Earth that ages well over time, along with that ass of hers, but I cannot say the same about her acting. So the general plot of this film is that JLO's character is a successful businesswoman who just realized that after turning forty she has everything but a husband or children in her life. So like many single middle age women, she decides to go to the sperm bank and buy herself some offspring of her own. But soon after um...completing the transaction, she meets a guy in which they hit it off with hilarity ensues and all of that other junk in a ninety minute movie. So let's kick off this New Year right, like a fresh bun in the oven, as I review this movie.

So let me just say that there is hardly any chemistry between Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin whatsoever throughout this movie other than their belief in finding a lucky penny. Which is how they meet followed a series of other accidental bump ins until they both just decide, "Okay, let's go out." If that sort of shit happened in real life, she will think that this guy is stalking her no matter how good looking the guy is. I felt like that these two were reading from a script and never felt like they never genuinely liked each other at all. Another big problem with this is that it is supposed to be a romantic comedy, but what was supposed to qualify as funny isn't so much in here. Anthony Anderson comes on for two scenes and he steals those scenes. As a matter of fact, he gives some genuine hearty laughs that even I chuckled a bit. The comedy is not bad to the point where I am just sitting saying, "Come on!" But it borderlines somewhere to older women who would think stuff like this is funny to them. Some of the other side characters in here felt like they were completely off and just do not belong in here at all, except for Robert Klein who was mildly funny at best. Overall, this movie had four decent lines in here and nothing else but it is the type of movie that you rent for your wife or girlfriend from Redbox when she wants to watch a romantic comedy that she will enjoy but you won't. Which is why I give this a sad little one star out of five.
January 3, 2015
An interesting twist on girl meets and looses boys over and over. Love Alex and Jen.
November 11, 2014
A rushed romantic comedy that leaves the charm of love movies behind. Mixed plots twist and genuinely guessable character choices get boring quickly. The plot only really is interesting near the end when you can see some happiness but otherwise you are lost as to why Stan ever really liked Zoey or stayed with her at all.
½ August 19, 2014