Beautiful Girls Reviews

• Nov 25, 2019

Despite what the title may lead you to believe, Beautiful Girls is actually not about the females in the film at all. In fact, it is a coming of age drama for a group of men who should have already come of age. The movie introduces us to a group of guys whose maturing process seems to have stopped after high school. They experience their struggle with growing up in various ways from revenge dating to make your ex jealous, to pining for an underage girl. But the lesson to be learned by all of them is that they need to grow up and move on with their lives. I found it somewhat hard to connect with these men because they were so immature, and couldn’t stop making bad choices. Even when they were high schoolers, these would be the kind of guys that would beat me up or make fun of me, so I can’t manage to care about their struggles. That’s not to say there are no moments of humor to keep me entertained in the film, but most of the way through I was annoyed with their stupidity, and their whining over the situations their stupidity created. Watching Beautiful Girls is also like opening a time capsule buried in the mid-90s. I don’t mean because of the style of the film, or the technology in it, or anything like that. But you can tell that this movie came out at a particular time when Rosie O’Donnell was becoming a huge star. Every scene she’s in is so out of place with the rest of the film, that it feels like they shoved them in after the movie was made strictly to give her some comedic moments. It’s also overrun with B-list actors who I’m sure Hollywood thought would be on their way to becoming A-listers at that time. Yet most of them remain character actors who are still in search of that big starring role that will make them a household name. That’s not to say the cast is bad, they just don’t blow me away with their acting talent, or manage to make this movie one where I connect with their emotional journeys. Beautiful Girls is a movie that will definitely connect with some people, particularly if they find themselves going through a similar emotional journey, but for me it was lackluster and occasionally annoying.

• Oct 23, 2019

A timeless classic that is best enjoyed around wintertime. Great performances from everyone, and a solid, realistic storyline that all of us can relate to in some way or another.

• Jul 24, 2019

Very good movie. A must see.

Very good movie. A must see.

• Jul 16, 2019

This film is incredible overrated. Glorifying the peter pan complex, we follow a group of late twenty somethings pine for their teenaged glory days, as our protagonist considers if a twelve year old Natalie Portman is his soulmate.

• Jul 09, 2019

Thank you. love it. I came here from https://sprintally.com

Thank you. love it. I came here from https://sprintally.com

• Dec 10, 2018

<a href="http://beautifulbestgirls.blogspot.com">Beautiful Girls</a> Photos and article are remarkable, great job dear i always follow your posts..

• Aug 29, 2018

the best romantic movie ever made

the best romantic movie ever made

• Aug 03, 2018

"Beautiful girl" wasn't groundbreaking 20 years ago when it came out, and surely is not groundbreaking now, still is a nice dramedy about growing up and growing older, about insecurity and about the stupidity of my gender: male. By the way, Natalie Portman, apparently, was good from the start.

• Jan 29, 2018

Ensemble cast depicts the trials of a high school homecoming for a man and his friends who can't seem to find lasting relationships. Tremendous acting all around, script has some keen observations about why relationships fail, delves deeply into the human condition. Not typical Hollywood fare, willing to expose life's hardships and resulting failures, contemplating the peace of mind accepting such. A good example of the independent films flooding theatres in the mid to late 1990's emphasizing clever writing and capable acting, qualities now replaced by CGI graphics and special effects.

• Nov 29, 2017

One of my all time favorite movies EVER!

One of my all time favorite movies EVER!