Bend It Like Beckham Reviews

• Sep 23, 2020

So cute, lovely movie. Nioce story with the indian elements in it. Very good directed as well.

• Sep 16, 2020

Really strong film that, on its face, seems like a cute film about soccer. But at its core, it addresses some fairly complex social commentary that still remains relevant to this day, while still maintaining that natural appeal of a fun soccer film with a indie flair that lets it stand out.

• Jun 30, 2020

Its sweet but nothing really new.

Its sweet but nothing really new.

• May 27, 2020

It's hard not to like a crowd-pleasing movie like "Bend It Like Beckham." This movie has a simple enough premise but is handled with humor and fun. This movie combines likable characters with charm and solid social commentary. I admired how this movie tried to show different cultures having similar family problems and reminded the viewer that everyone is dealing with something in their life. I thought the movie had a good blend of coming of age elements as well as an enjoyable story. While it does play out pretty much as I expected it, I liked the way it handled some of the social topics when compared to similar movies. Overall, this is a light, fun, and definite feel-good movie worth watching.

• May 17, 2020

I have to say It was very joyful and fun the reason I gave it 2 and a half stars is because of the acting. The standard of acting was like a comedy with laughter tracks. The title dose not really work he is hardly ever mentioned. the ending was like all football endings. a free kick witch they slow down. after that It gets very boring. I think they should have just had a pitch invasion were every one is happy and have the movie end there. Or have her parents go and watch right at the end when the free kick is being taken. When a movie is 2 and a half stars or so It is one of those movies were you are running out of things to do.

• Apr 08, 2020

it has everything football offers; struggle, teamwork and a bit of uncomfortably honest social commentary.

• Feb 17, 2020

decent film about sports and culture with a family friendly feel

decent film about sports and culture with a family friendly feel

• Jan 15, 2019

Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s so shit why is it 85%

Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s so shit why is it 85%

• Jan 06, 2019

This is a crowd pleaser. A wedding. Cross-cultural clashes. A young woman getting a makeover and finding herself. But there's no Windex and this isn't My Big Fat Greek Wedding. In fact, it's not My Big Fat Indian Wedding, either. However, it is a feel-good comedy that traverses similar territory, if not exactly the same road. Most people who were entertained by My Big Fat Unexpected Box Office Hit will leave this movie with the same kind of warm, fuzzy feeling deep inside. It unashamedly wears the crowd-pleaser tag, and it's likely that some critics will gripe that it's too eager to enrapture the masses. Bend It Like Beckham is enjoyable enough that the sprinkles of artificial sweetness in the mix don't do lasting or irreparable damage.

• Nov 28, 2018

This movie is so bland that I made this account specifically to write this. If this was one of the great movies of 2002 then that must have been a bad year for cinema.