Beyond Skyline Reviews

• Sep 26, 2020

I caught this movie while checking out Netflix and I could not believe that a sequel to the movie Skyline was made. At first, I thought it was straight to home video release but clearly, this was a top of the line theatrical release that was not promoted as well as it should have been. The previous movie is one of those modestly budgeted alien invasion movies that gain a following as I saw it at home and realized just how good it is. Seven years is a long time for a sequel but in the end, this was worth the wait. Set concurrent with the events of the first movie, Mark, an LAPD detective, and Trent, his adult son, are having some problems attempting to live on after the death of their beloved family member. As these men take the Metrorail home, an alien invasion wreaks havoc upon the city and the rest of the world as they take it upon themselves to survive with whoever they can save, including Audrey, an engineer the two met on the train. All this leads to an abduction that resolves the events of the previous movie into a major revelation of the alien creatures. With the alien ship crashing on the other side of the world it leads to an advantageous event that gives humanity a fighting chance against the alien invaders. I could not believe that a sequel was made to the original film and that it would be better than the first because it is that and more. The original movie was more of a science fiction horror that developed as the humans had quarantined themselves during the invasion, spending many hours as their supplies dwindled as they gave in to almost feverish confinement. This one felt more like the action movie Battle Los Angeles only with civilians that ended up lucky in that their determination and good fortune led themselves to their survival. I got to say it was great seeing Frank Grillo as a lead and Bojana Novakovic is a tough and lovely woman that surely deserves to be a leading lady. It was also nice how this tied events from the original movie as well as making it much grander in scope. Much better than the original film and I cannot wait to see how great the next movie will be.

• Aug 03, 2020

Beyond Skyline is a visual treat with the Liam O Donnell, the writer of Skyline taking the directing role this time out (he also writes this story) and handling it brilliantly with stunning visuals, but also a great cast at his side. Frank Grillo is fast becoming the go to guy in my opinion for the everyman action hero (think Bruce Willis back in his Die Hard days) and Frank Grillo is it. Hes a real looking man, who is more than capable of defending himself in all situations and doesn't look like an Olympic athlete or fights with martial arts super hero skills. Hes the real deal! One of the other unseen, (but not unheard) stars of the film is Nathan Whitehead who straight off his work on The Purge movies, and Keanu, yet again creates a beautifully cinematic musical score for this sci fi action adventure and its a score that fits perfectly in this type of film, hard hitting and cinematic.

• Jul 23, 2020

It gets utterly ridiculous, and tries a little too hard to shoehorn in the martial arts to feature the talents of Uwais. But this is a blast of an invasion flick. The bits with the brain stealing are especially cool.

• Jun 23, 2020

Entertaining AF. If you liked Skyline, this sequel is great! Great action, great effects, with decent enough acting. Worth the watch on Netflix!

• Jun 19, 2020

Script makes no sense. However its pacing is good. Frank Grillo is certainly my new action hero.

• Apr 23, 2020

way better then the last movie has amazing gore sets up for other movies and has good characters you dont get to know to many of them for to long but most of them are enjoyable to watch they do have some moments that unintentionally make you laugh though. This movie has Cult-Classic written all over it!

• Apr 10, 2020

For a indecisive movie night if your into sci-fi thrill rides it will do.

For a indecisive movie night if your into sci-fi thrill rides it will do.

• Mar 27, 2020

Entertaining, Ramboish, but ok story line

Entertaining, Ramboish, but ok story line

• Mar 25, 2020

Exciting and keeps your attention! I liked it a lot!

Exciting and keeps your attention! I liked it a lot!

• Mar 22, 2020

This movie was great the fighting scene was awesome but the CGI alien looks not to real in my opinion