Reviews

• 16h ago

This is a unique, modern take on a teen comedy. The message here is how to raise your children and then trust them enough to let them go. This harkened back to the American Pie series as the directors trying to do the right thing by the sexual politics of our time.

• Sep 06, 2021

Funny which is about all you can ask for

Funny which is about all you can ask for

• Aug 18, 2021

The film is crazy funny.

The film is crazy funny.

• Aug 17, 2021

It's fun. I think a lot of the negative audience reviews are from people who wanted to see a movie about parents stopping young women from having sex, but then realized the movie is about the double standard our society treats women with. And much of America just isn't ready for that yet because they still think women should be controlled. These people aren't actually capable of growth so we just have to progress without them. The movie was funny and not too heavy. Give it a try. John Cena surprised me with how funny he can be here.

• Jul 31, 2021

Very funny humour and the whole cast nails it!!!!

Very funny humour and the whole cast nails it!!!!

• Jul 26, 2021

One of the biggest mixed bags I've ever seen. With some actual talent in the cast but one god awful script trying to imitate teens. Blockers has one or two good jokes from John Cena, who carried the entire film, but most are just cringe inducing filler. It's one of those movies that can be fun when watching with a group of friends, but is just boring filler when watching alone. The adults can be okay at times but feel overprotective and do stuff no sane adult would ever do to their child, but where did it go wrong when writing the teenagers? Why did the writers think it was a good idea making all their personalities just "Horny"? All they can talk about is stuff you do under the sheets, they have 0 personality besides that. Don't watch this movie unless you wanna joke around with some friends and all have a dirty sense of humor.

• Jul 19, 2021

great comedy make sense and works on multiple levels

great comedy make sense and works on multiple levels

• Jul 13, 2021

Watched the movie because I heard John Cena was in it and was pleasantly surprised to find out Kathryn Newton was also part of the cast. Had heard some positive word of mouth going in and it's safe to say what little expectation I had of the movie it lived up to it and even exceeded it in a certain aspect.

• Jun 28, 2021

Don't bother with Blockers. It's really bad. Some of the acting is beyond atrocious, and the jokes don't work. I find it incredible a film like this gets a fair bit of acclaim, when there are far better comedies out there, many of which get slammed.

• May 29, 2021

Hilarious and raunchy, "Blockers" will be one not to forget.

Hilarious and raunchy, "Blockers" will be one not to forget.