Bootmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bootmen Reviews

½ March 24, 2015
La historia no deja nada... pero todos los numeros de tap son increibles e imperdibles
½ December 6, 2013
"Footloose" meets "The Full Monty" in Bootmen, a cliche-ridden tap dance drama.
½ July 4, 2013
Really enjoyable Australian tap dance movie with very different choreography. This really isn't anything like the old Fred and Ginger or Ruby Keeler movies from the 30s.
August 10, 2012
Despite not offering a plot that hasn't been seen or done before, 'Bootmen' still manages to come across as a fresh and thoroughly entertaining piece. Adam Garcia doesn't always prove to be a strong lead, but is such a likeable presence and is supported by a host of great performers that it's easy to forgive the film's few shortcomings.
August 8, 2012
it's stupid but i liked it
August 3, 2012
LOVE LOV LOVE SOOO MUCH! <3
½ May 21, 2012
I'll put this kindly by saying it's not in the upper echelon of dance movies. Adam Garcia's intense tap-dancing faces are ridiculous.
½ April 26, 2012
Watching this right now... I'm really enjoyed the industrial tap motif. Great performances in this.
April 6, 2012
Absolutely fantastic 'dance' film that rivals all American productions along the same line. This stood out for me as it was completely unique. Loved it!
April 6, 2012
½ January 27, 2012
Okay, so, the dancing in this movie is amazing and I give full credit to the choreographers or whatever that put effort into these numbers. However, this movie isn't just dancing. It has a superfluous plot that has no connection to the dancing whatsoever. It attempts to be overly emotional in what should have been a more lighthearted movie. After deaths, surprise pregnancies and mass layoffs, it should not be anyone's instinct to just 'dance it off'. Also. No part of me was convinced that Adam Garcia has ever done manual labour in his life. It just looked like someone rubbed a tiny bit of dirt on his face and gave him a hat. I won't be watching this movie again. I may, however, watch montages of the dance scenes online.
December 22, 2011
Garcia & Worthington are fine, but Sophie Lee is so bad, she ruins every scene she is involved in, much like Malin Akerman in Watchmen.
January 17, 2011
Outstanding. Not every movie have a show on broadway but less of them have appeared in Olypics.
Of cause the tap dancing is amazing and I was surpised seeing it combined with rock music and performed on such a location. Also it was quite well acted and all the story comes naturally.
June 7, 2010
It so happens that what in the beginning seemed just like another lame, depthless teen movie turned out to be quite raw, emotional, full of issues bigger than life movie, with some tragedy in the mix. I don't want to spoil anyone, so I'll keep any further information to myself.

Besides some tap dancing and fancy moves, plus some teenage love/drama/relationship twists, this film managed to deliver a story about brotherhood and devotion, dreams and bad decisions, plus something about passion as well.

I don't know if the dancing itself was all that awesome, but it was a fun progress to follow. Nonetheless I found the story outside the tap dancing far deeper and almost superior.
April 16, 2010
adam garcia, sam worthington, etc is in it but australias -so you think you can dance judge -matt lee is inthis movie as jonno.
½ March 22, 2010
Only one reason to watch this, and its a pretty good one, Sam Worthington! He's so sweet and cute in this, not really my type of movie, but the dancing is good, and it aint too mushy, made me laugh and cry, which I'll admit too! Worth a watch!
March 4, 2010
he was in coyote ugly. that movie was absolute runny poos
½ February 20, 2010
The movie was quite enjoyable. Adam Garcia is always good for a watch, and when you throw in Sam Worthington as his older brother (and a pretty young Sam too!) then I'm sold
January 20, 2010
I really want to see this! The trailer looks so good and i've always wanted to see this for Adam Garcia's tap dancing skills. And now i know Sam Worthington is in it as well i want to see it even more!!!