The Bourne Identity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Identity Reviews

December 2, 2016
The Bourne Identity achieves originality while offering refined action set pieces in connection with a stellar performance by Matt Damon.
November 26, 2016
Mildly irritating (like an 11 yr old kid trying to impress someone with how bad-ass they are), very entertaining (like a good action movie should be).
What I like most is the grayness of the plot; there are no purely bad or good guys here, no one to bore you with imposed ideals.
November 17, 2016
One of the finest spy films ever made, 'The Bourne Identity' has the feel of Bond but on a more serious level, swapping the tongue-in-cheek for old-school espionage and gritty action. The only downfall of the film is that it does at times slow down and start to feel quite tedious, but just as it comes about, a crunching punch of action explodes leaving the audience wanting more. Very well-made action-thriller from Doug Liman based on the best-selling novel from Robert Ludlum.
October 25, 2016
Finally got around to watching it. It was ok. I really liked the plot and it had great actors involved. But the movie jumped around to much for me and overall it was kind of boring. It still wasn't a bad movie.
½ October 16, 2016
Quite a decent show but the amnesia concept might've been a bit cliche. For once, it has sorta a nice ending and not everyone dies...only the bad guys.
October 14, 2016
Dramatic, enjoyable, a good action!
September 21, 2016
This is an original action screenplay,Pros,of course Matt Damon as Jason Bourne,love Bourne,Doug Lineman's directing and the choreographed fights are freaking amazing,Franka Potente,Chris Cooper,The story and how they responded to the best-selling novels that I love,a very good car chase,cons,Clive Owen,that's it,I love The Bourne Identity,I love it it deserves more than it did
½ September 21, 2016
The Bourne Identity is an thrilling action flick that delivers and this is a movie that i grew up watching. Great action sequences, a memorable performance from Matt Damon, and the start of a great franchise.
½ September 21, 2016
This movie is one of the best Matt Damon movie I have seen so far.Its a thrill ride throughout the whole movie.over all a would give it a B+
½ September 19, 2016
With exactly what you would expect from a classic Spy-Action movie both well directed and performed, The Bourne Identity manages to thrill the audience thanks also to a well written screenplay and a suspanceful soundtrack.
September 11, 2016
This is a smart action movie, which is rare nowadays. Matt Damon kills it, Jason Bourne is a great character, the writing is great, the action is so well choreographed and filmed, and the direction is outstanding! It's so sad how the next three are.
½ September 3, 2016
160904: I haven't seen the latest in this series but have heard, from a good source (LT), that it is absolutely terrible? Well, here is the film that started it off and, I must say, I've always enjoyed it. Great story and good action. Amazing cast including Walt Goggins and Julia Stiles. Damon and Potente make a perfect team. 3.5+.
½ August 31, 2016
Fantastic character story ! great action
jamrcla
August 31, 2016
A brilliant mix of great story telling, Great action and suspense, It only spoon feeds us bits about the plot all the way through but it's gripping from start to finish, A great car chase and the film adds some wit which works well, It's Bonds dark and gritty brother.
August 31, 2016
A small, relatively low budgeted, action movie starring Matt Damon (Good Will Hunting, The Departed, Behind the Candelabra) directed by Doug Liman (Swingers, Jumper, Edge of Tomorrow).

It's a great movie, and a great beginning to one of the finest tuned trilogies of the 21st century.
½ August 27, 2016
August 26, 2016
An epic action film with a compelling storyline.

9.25/10 or 4.5 stars
August 25, 2016
Action packed and genuinely exciting, the Bourne Identity kicks off the fabled franchise with a flourish- even if it can't quite match the quality of later entries... Or indeed a few of the more recent Bond movies. Nonetheless, it is an action spectacle, with good characterisation- which makes up for the more than under-whelming Die Another Day.
Verdict: B+
½ August 24, 2016
Matt Damon is fantastic. The action is fantastic. The story is fantastic. The everything is fantastic. Except for how it dragged on a tiny bit too long.
August 23, 2016
A cracking action/adventure movie in which Matt Damon plays a member of an elite CIA team who is suffering from amnesia. As he tries to uncover the secret of his past, he goes on the run from agents trying to kill him. It is a taut and tense thriller with an intelligent script and great direction from Doug Liman. Damon makes a terrific lead and I also really liked Franka Potente as Marie, the innocent woman who gets drawn into the intrigue. This movie and the two that followed it are credited with giving the rather tired looking Bond franchise the kick up the backside it needed and Jason Bourne is certainly a more energetic, complex and interesting character than 007 had become. The movie ends with lots of unanswered questions which are picked up and expanded upon in the next films but this opening chapter is a very fine movie that still stands up well today.