Bridge of Spies Reviews

• Oct 09, 2019

An honestly thrilling historical drama, with an always impeccable Tom Hanks performance!

• Sep 14, 2019

Overall this film is what you expect when you see the poster or read the plot. But credits due as it was quite smooth with little negligible propaganda.

• Jul 22, 2019

Spielberg is a good director, Hanks is a great actor and the story is one worth telling. I just found the beginning esp to be a bit boring, altho integral to overall story. Movie convinced me that good lawyers should be ambassadors lol. Well done to this man Mr. Donovan who used his gift from God (power of negotiation and persistence) to save lives. Some of the tense political atmosphere in America then reminds me of todays political climate. Watching the Berlin wall part was truly horrifying and brought home why the wall being knocked down was so powerful.

• Jul 04, 2019

Very average in my opinion especially by the standard of Tom Hanks

Very average in my opinion especially by the standard of Tom Hanks

• Jul 02, 2019

Bridge of Spies is a slow burner, but it comes with great payoffs to those who ride it out. The story is not amongst Spielberg's best, but his directing was spot on yet again. The performances were outstanding, especially Tom Hanks in the leading role. The script was great, the setting felt really realistic, and the themes and messages on humanity and doing the right thing were spectacular. You have another solid Oscar contender here that people really should check out.

• Jun 20, 2019

Bride of Spies is a suspenseful masterpiece from Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. But not the best suspenseful masterpiece of all time.

• Jun 17, 2019

I came. I saw. I survived. 91%? For what? 90% for the name "Tom Hanks" and 1% for the rest?

• Jun 14, 2019

You need to watch this.

You need to watch this.

• May 15, 2019

Three stars it's worth watching.

Three stars it's worth watching.

• Apr 19, 2019

Avoided this film, just didn't appeal. However, I watched it and really enjoyed it. I guess it was the historic / back in time setting that didn't appeal. A few people said it was good so i gave it a go and was glad i did.