Brighton Rock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brighton Rock Reviews

June 24, 2016
Når ikke den oprindelige filmatisering til sokkeholderne, men billederne er da pæne.
½ February 9, 2016
Looked absolutley amazing! But if i have to be honest i wasn't tremendously impressed . The film starts off brilliantly, you are dropped into a world of gangs and murder but as it progreeses i found myself becoming more and more bored. As for the ending i didn't feel like it hit the spot and was left feeling unfufilled. A great idea but lacks in substance and in gripping an audience for longer than an hour :/

5/10
½ August 14, 2015
This one is under-rated, probably because its a remake. A little muddled in parts. (Why isn't helen Miran Scared of anyone? why is pinky suddenly in charge? why does he stop to pray when people are chasing him).Generally well acted, well directed.
August 9, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
March 9, 2015
This is not a direct storyline to the film Richard Attenborough took the lead in, but it's still worthy enough as a period crime thriller set in the same location with a similar message in the end.
February 5, 2015
Period Piece That Oozes Style & Film Noir..The Characters Play A Strategic Chess Game In This Gangster Drama. Luke Any Good Game Though...It Is The Queen's Who Holds The Power.
August 1, 2014
mnogu glup film,ne losh,ova e poloso,glup! ocekuvav dobar film,spored akterite,ali ova e uzas,Helen Mirren e katastrofa
June 4, 2014
This was bought for me because it had mopeds on the front cover. It's presented as a dark and gritty crime gangster film set in the 60's on the south coast of England and fair enough it is all these things, but I wash;t expected it to be quite as dull as it was. The character Pinkie also needs to make his mind over whether he actually feels any fondness towards his girlfriend and if so stop being such an aggressive miserable sod about it.
May 21, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
March 2, 2014
I had hoped for more out of this remake given the superb cast and alterations to the source material. In the end, the youth riots of 60s Brighton probably stand out as the most interesting aspect of this film.
½ January 17, 2014
3/10: Brilliant cinematography where the film creates an atmospheric 1960's settings, in an otherwise very amateurishly plot and disappointing script.
November 24, 2013
I liked the film noir and the 1960s things in it. Also LOVED the clothes and hair of Dame Helen. She is gorgeous not to mention great in her role. For the rest I had expected a bit more, although the final twists were exiting and very very fitting.
August 31, 2013
fucking awful watched this cos of quadrophenia but yuck wat a mother fuckin copy
½ August 27, 2013
Turn it off before the end cuz the bad guy. Dies.
August 23, 2013
Andrea Riseborough is the clear bright young talent in this sometimes compelling near miss.
August 7, 2013
great moody british gangster film
½ July 27, 2013
Although this remake isn't quite as good as the original, Sam Riley is no Richard Attenborough.. I did find some charm in this. Sam Riley is good in his own way (and stinking hot) as Pinkie, the leader of a group of small town thugs. The story is still there, and the addition of Helen Mirren and John Hurt doesn't hurt. The ending sort of goes off in the wrong direction though, and it stumbles to the rating of a "pretty good" film.
½ June 30, 2013
By removing the religious subtext from Greene's novel, the film BRIGHTON ROCK, proves a fairly innocuous and ultimately tepid semi film noir. Not bad at all and in fact, quite good at times, the film leaves no lasting impression aside from Helen Mirren's dazzling performance. The two leads unfortunately are way too bland to fill in the blanks from what is cut.
½ June 11, 2013
I have one word for this. ssslllooowww. This was probably the longest 1 hour and 45 minutes of my life. Which really let down the entire movie. The acting was good, the cinematography was the best part, but it was completely bogged down by how slowly paced it was. Another big thing I missed were the character shifts. When did Pinkie go from being a lackey to being the leader? Because it randomly happened and I was lost. Also, I have no idea what that whole relationship was between Pinkie and Rose. By the end, I figured out what the writing wanted it to be, (a delusional woman who is madly in love with a man who obivously doesn't love her back) but that's not what I got just from watching it. Like I said, the acting was good, especially Andrea Riseborough as Rose and Helen Mirren as some random boss person who just happens to know everyone. Andy Serkis also had a fun bit part as a mob boss. Plus, the cinematography was really cool. There was some awesome shots in there and that aspect overall was really well done. But in the end, cinematography and acting can't save a boring and scattered script.
June 11, 2013
This movie is very well acted and well paced. The acting is what held my attention doh, That and The awesome Soundtrack. It was better than the movie.