Café de Flore Reviews

• Aug 17, 2020

It's a movie that tackles love and the confusion around it really well. I really like it, it's one of my favourate movies.

• Aug 18, 2019

This is the kind of movie that initiates a different view in life, very profound film! Dynamic and influential. Truly one of a kind!

• Apr 13, 2019

One of the best real life love stories of our era. No dripping cheesy romance, but the true meaning of love peppered with esterism.

• Nov 16, 2018

You definitely need to watch this incredible film more than once to understand it.

• Oct 08, 2016

Like all French movies it is slow and deep. This movie is about life after death. Please pay attention if you want to grasp the whole thing. Every details counts. Enjoy!

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Jul 03, 2016

The two types of love that it presents are not comparable and the consequences of Jacqueline's obsession are just ludicrous, but this is a mysteriously charming film about how things change in our lives - and that wonderful song Café de Flore will probably stick in your head.

• Apr 11, 2016

Transcendental ... Haunting in a good way.

Transcendental ... Haunting in a good way.

• Aug 22, 2015

Amoral story. It seems that two unrelated stories were strangely linked together. The love of down children which are supposed to be past life of people in the other story help to justify lustful love affairs. I cannot see how the new love of Antoine can be beautiful because he just thinks about sex with the blond girl all the time. Some movies inspire you and want you to make a good life. This one gives the opposite result. It makes me feel that society nowadays is so disgusting (if people choose to use this kind of reasoning to solve their problems). It really undermines the meaning of marriage and family and exalt lust.

• Nov 10, 2014

Amazing film. The way the editing, cinematography, music, mystery and confusion all play to build on a tale as old as time. A kind of gothic romance. An archetype of love.

• Oct 25, 2014

An intriguing and attractive puzzle of a film made with enormous skill and heart and successfully survives its brush with spiritualist mumbo jumbo.