Cargo Reviews

• 6d ago

I live in south Australia where some of this movie was filmed and the location and cinematography is just breathtaking. The story line wasn't a typical zombie movie which is why I enjoyed it more. The actors where great and lovely to see the return of David Gulpilil and Natasha Wanganeen. The irony of this movie isn't lost, after the stolen generation the table was turned, embraced by a lovely culture.

• Jun 24, 2020

I do not know why anyone thought that this movie was good, it fells so slow, the protagonist its so lame, and basically all the whole thing is a disaster. Am not a expert, but dude come on, he dogged a zombie, and when he get's out of the car; after he randomly crash, he goes to it and ask it "You see what you done". Plis

• Jun 23, 2020

The zombie genre is so overcrowded that in other to stand out you have to do something remarkable, sadly this doesn't innovate making it feel generic.

• Jun 22, 2020

It bored me to tears. The one hour and 44 minute movie was one hour to long.

It bored me to tears. The one hour and 44 minute movie was one hour to long.

• Jun 17, 2020

Cargo delivers a fresh and unique take on the zombie/infection genre. Although it may not satisfy all fans of the genre, Cargo succeeds thanks to great film-making, performances, and a mostly well executed premise. The film's biggest flaw, however, is a lack of characterization for the supporting roles. Nevertheless, this is definitely one of the better Netflix films and one that I would recommend to anybody.

• Jun 12, 2020

I got bored after 90 minutes but it started pretty good and was better than any other zombie movie but I'm not a fan of the genre. Martin Freeman gives a great one-man show.

• May 24, 2020

It's the combination of its well-chosen, Australian bush location and an arresting central performance from Martin Freeman that make this low-budget, Indie "zombie" film (quotation marks because the zombie aspect isn't really explored making it more of a drama) worth a watch. Everything else apart from those two things – that is to say, the rest of the story involving any and all supporting characters – is not particularly well-handled, but by virtue of an ending that, thankfully, isn't a complete cop-out, it still manages to be fairly affecting once the credits roll.

• May 24, 2020

This film turned out to be even worse than I expected. It was too focused on a random Australian tribe and there were several dumb decisions made by the main characters. If your husband has just looted a boat, then why would you feel the need to go over there again on your own without telling him? Then Martin Freeman managed to crash the car because he failed to do an emergency stop, and he gets bitten because he faints or something at the wheel. The plot is below average, the writing was poor, there's no character development, the whole thing felt like it was a budget movie, the acting wasn't great, the visual effects needed improvement, and the soundtrack was rather annoying. The only thing that was acceptable was the cinematography but that was far from impressive. Not worth a watch.

• May 08, 2020

Cargo is an Australian post-apocalyptic horror drama film directed by Ben Howling and Yolanda Ramke. Screenplay by Romke is based on their 2013 short film by the same name. The main actors are Martin Freeman as Andy Rose(father), Simone Landers as Thoomi, Susie Porter as Kay Caire. The plot is impressive. In a world overtaken by a virus that turns people into zombies. There is Rose's family with a small babe Rosie. They travel down the river to find food and an inhabited town. Suddenly Kay turns into a zombie. On the way to the hospital she bites her husband, and now Andy has only 48 hours to find where to save his daughter. It's hard because they are in an open space where there are lots of zombies. For me, it's not a horror film because there are no jump scares and there are few scenes with zombies. For fans of this genre, the film can be dull but I enjoy it. This idea turns in a different side. The main thing was to show the father's love and a wish to save loved people. Martin Freeman's acting was very convincing, and in the end I cried a little. His character was really brave and clever. Cargo isn't spectacular but it keeps my attention the whole movie and even if I know the ending, my heart stops every time. To sum up, I forgot most of this film after watching it, but the ending has stayed with me for a long time

• May 08, 2020

Cargo has a very heavy emotional depth in it. Although felt short and is not the typical zombie apocalypse movie everyone wants, Cargo makes you reflect on humanity.