Cars 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 3 Reviews

November 20, 2017
Very happy with this movie and is comparable to the first one. Definitely worth a watch if you like the others.
November 19, 2017
This movie makes it clear, once you get too old, give up. Aging means your no good anymore, just teach. We found it a very negative message.
½ November 19, 2017
Hate it so much it feels like i got stab'ed on the back.
November 18, 2017
Weird feelings about this one. Everything was really great until the third act and the race. It was kind of weird and not logical. Also the original characters are not used at all. Really a mess but without the second film cars franchise would be still classic.
November 18, 2017
well done, good life lessons about aging and respect
November 17, 2017
Cars 3 is an underrated and mature film amongst its animated peers.
½ November 16, 2017
I feel as if I've said this too many times. "Realy, another one?" At this point the cow has committed suicide from being over milked. One thing came to mind while watching this, "Lightning McQeen and Owen Wilson have one strong comparison, they both should have retired early to let new and younger stars take the single ray of limelight that Owen is struggling to hold on to."
½ November 15, 2017
Cars 3 deja una buena enseñanza de superación personal. El personaje pasa la batuta y entiende sus capacidades y sus límites. Es interesante ver el progreso del protagonista alrededor de las películas, aunque prácticamente sea lo último que veamos. La película es buena siempre y cuando hayas visto las anteriores, tal vez no funcione como una película normal, más allá que sea una secuela de algo que de alguna manera ya veíamos venir.
November 14, 2017
Better than the over the top first sequel. This film had so much heart and was the perfect send off, of what really is a weak trilogy for Pixar. The visual are simply beautiful to look at and it's nothing less you'd expect from Pixar. The film is focused on more about getting old but done good with its simple script. Though the ending is predictable, it was still the right way to end it. Had some good moments, yet hit and miss comic moments but it's heart is in the right place. The highlights, of course, are the amazing race scenes, incredible.
½ November 13, 2017
Cars 1 is one of my favourite Pixar movies. Cars 2 isnt very good, but still has its charm because of the characters. I like that cars 3 went back to the roots of the first movie and was all about racing.

There were lots of fun scenes in this as well such as a fun demolition derby and a very cool night race scene in a dark forest.

The story was really good. Lighting has to come to terms that there are younger faster cars coming up in the sport and his friends are all retiring or being fired to make way for these new cars.

People think he should retire as well becuase he cant beat a new racer and has a bad crash at the end of a season.

The rest of the movie is him trying to get faster and take his spot back as the fastest car on the track.

This movie almost has a Rocky 6 vibe to it, where as great as lighting is, he realizes he wont be able to beat the new cars . So he becomes a teacher and gives someone else his place on the track.

A little bitter sweet in my opinion and a great way to end the series.

The old supporting cast show up here and there but lots of the time is spent with Lighting and new characters , which i enjoyed.

This movie looked incredible in 4K UHD
November 12, 2017
Lets put this way, this should have been the second movie...just forget Cars 2... this was way better.
I think it was slightly longer but definitely should be the conclusive story-ender. This is a perfect way end this trilogy.
There are some unpredictable or different decisions, slapstick humour is still here but less of it. And some things were more technical than kids would understand... but overall...as an adult, I kinda liked it and I think 6 or 7/10 is fair grade.
Basically, I watched this JUST because I wanted to see how it ends.
The trailers however, made it very dark feel of the movie...where it has nothing dark in it. just FYI: forget the trailers.
Another movie falls to Hollywood's latest trend: Feminism
November 11, 2017
I personally thought this movie was an amazing final installment. In my opinion, it does a great job of remembering Robert Redfords character, while passing on the torch. It definitely brought the magic back to the serious.
November 11, 2017
A good storyline thrusts life back into the Cars franchise and paves the way for another sequel.
November 11, 2017
cars 3 doesn't have that same factor it needed to even come remotely close to its successor in the past. (talking of course about the first installment of the franchise) I that they should end this franchise before it begins to affect their reputation. I give "cars 3" a 2-star rating out of 5 as the animation is magnificent, but the plot isn't driven to something memorable.
½ November 11, 2017
Was a great ending for the trilogy
November 11, 2017
I thought being the 3rd one would be bad but it turns out to be quite entertaining and encouraging. Not bad
November 10, 2017
A step up from "Cars 2", though a minor one. The "Cars" franchise is an interesting one in that it has staying power while it disappoints in comparisons to other Disney/Pixar films. I guess I have a harder time relating to talking and racing automobiles. Still, the animation is top notch and the story does offer some poignant and entertaining moments.
November 10, 2017
This movie was epic. Way better than the second movie and on par with the original.
November 10, 2017
A great improvement in both story and animation from its predecessor, but still remains an entry in Pixar's weakest franchise. Cars 3 is the latest and hopefully final installment in the Cars franchise as it's indeed time to bring down the curtain on this trilogy that should never have surpassed the first movie. But obviously the other two were only getting made to make big bucks. Unfortunately though, that's how most Hollywood films are getting made today proving that terrible reviews can still be profitable. Coming back to the film, it's evident that the directors and writers understood what went wrong in Cars 2 and came back with a coherent plot that focuses on the main character and a new, more mature challenge that he must overcome. It's also clear that McQuean's story has come to an end and it was a satisfying closure for all.