Cemetery Junction Reviews

• Aug 29, 2017

Gervais and Merchant have crafted a warm, engaging film. The 1973 setting is very nicely done, not just from an aesthetics but also an ideological standpoint, and the cast of actors is very convincing. Instead of being a mere nostalgia fest, "Cemetery Junction" brings to life a bittersweet story, both funny and moving, and yet, although it's not a one-trick pony, every plot thread ends just how you thought it would when it began.

• Jan 22, 2017

Harmless, if clichéd, fun from Merchant & Gervais, but I wouldn't have watched it if it didn't have Felicity Jones in it. There are a lot of movies lately that that last clause could apply to.

• Oct 18, 2016

Humor and heart abound in this coming of age home run! It is thoughtful, inspiring, and poignant, entirely deserving of my very enthusiastic recommendation!

• Nov 06, 2015

Anne Reid...So funny !

Anne Reid...So funny !

• Feb 21, 2015

* The trio of Christian Cooke, Jack Doolan & Tom Hughes work really well together. * Depiction of the Taylor family gives the film a nice grounding, makes the film relatable. * Emotionally rewarding conclusion to the film, typical of Gervais/Merchant projects

• Aug 18, 2014

Gervais is actually in very little of this film, which is fine since the lead Christian Cooke is actually fabulous. The friendship between the three boys was a good backdrop to the plot and had decent life lessons (family, self confidence, etc). Nice romantic storyline as well.

• May 04, 2014

Handful of great laughs, but super boring otherwise. When I see Gervais and Merchant in control of a project, I expect a lot. This film ONLY shined when they were on screen... and that was maybe 10 minutes.

• Mar 20, 2014

Cemetery Junction is terribly un-original and frustratingly dull at times, but is saved by a masterclass from Gervais and Merchant. Full review here: http://halfnerdtalk.wordpress.com/

• Feb 28, 2014

good period piece comedy

good period piece comedy

• Jan 20, 2014

Grim and gritty as i expected. Didn't enjoy the Ralph Fiennes character. Thought he was a bit too cliche. Especially the newspaper breakfast scene seemed corny to me. The character that i really was most interested in was Bruce, and his relationship with his father. Enjoyable enough