Charlotte's Web Reviews

• Jul 24, 2020

Decent watch, probably won't watch again, but can recommend for younger audiences. It's based off of a famous book, Dakota Fanning, Steve Buscemi, Julia Roberts are all charming in their own ways, but I never realized what a dud of a character Wilbur was before this. Sure, he's a happy-go-lucky guy and social trend setter, but he's a character that needs a lot of help and doesn't even really give back. The story feels like a more modern fable: there is a lesson of morality and life here, but it is a lot more subtle than I'm used to fables being. Of course this has a cooked in version of explaining life and death to young children, but it feels like it tries to convey that a life well served, however short, is good life. This does make the movie oddly charming, but I can't say that it makes it as great as I remember the book being. Now, that may be nostalgia glasses, or maybe I have them for the this movie, but I think, in the end, it's an average movie with a good story that kids might like.

• Jun 24, 2020

If you are a fan of the book you might like this otherwise it brings nothing new to the table.

• May 17, 2020

Not a bad take on a classic tale but I would rather watch Babe. Somehow that movie was a lot better. This movie is worth watching once.

• Jan 25, 2020

A nice and warm family film that has everything in it to make a worthwhile film

A nice and warm family film that has everything in it to make a worthwhile film

• Jul 10, 2019

Improved adaptation of a classic story by the one and only E.B. White!

Improved adaptation of a classic story by the one and only E.B. White!

• Mar 17, 2019

Awesome family movie!

Awesome family movie!

• Dec 14, 2018

It's well-done as a live action film but it feels a little weak and the same like every other family-friendly film

• Nov 04, 2018

"Charlotte's Web" é uma tocante e apaixonante adaptação do livro infantil. Um dos melhores filmes da minha infância.

• Nov 02, 2018

Unneeded reboot, but it's still cute.

Unneeded reboot, but it's still cute.

• Jul 22, 2018

I loved this movie with Dakota. She is fantastic and terrify too. I love the pig and spider friendship is very special.