City of Ember - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

City of Ember Reviews

December 16, 2016
It's not punishment if you have to see it, but if you find a buried treasure map to it's secret location - i wouldn't dig it out.
November 27, 2016
best movie I've ever seen
November 23, 2016
very good I see nothing wrong with the setting of the movie it feels like escaping earth but at the end of the day it's a very well made film
October 29, 2016
Good family movie overall, interesting story and concepts, but, lacks some excitement.
August 10, 2016
Loved this film, very quirky set pieces. Only thing negative is it could of been a better story line involved.
July 25, 2016
Again with the Golden Compass.
This did not look good than it used to, But it does a higher rating...
The film was shorter but it did get me some laughs into it.
It doesn't look too bad for a teenage film but i don't need to watch it again.

Score: 4.5/10
July 20, 2016
i really liked this movie though i had never heard of it before. seems very inspired by the fallout series. they really need to make more of this series.
June 4, 2016
its has a good cast story and writing but most of the story takes place in the city
May 26, 2016
I would have liked the movie to be 30 minutes or so longer, to explore more of the fascinating backstory of the city and the people's way of life.
March 20, 2016
The acting was average. There wasn't any "villains"(and no, nobody can cast Bill Murray as even close to being a bad guy and call it a good movie). And it wasn't very satisfying, it really lacked an adventurous atmosphere. On a side note, the choice of lines given at dramatic moments ruined the scene most of the time.
March 18, 2016
I imagine the book is a lot better. Still, it starts out with a setting that certainly can lead to many directions. A bit of mystery about this world and its mind sets adds to the flavor. Could have used a couple more jolts along the way and in the end it took the least interesting path of creativity. It was still an interesting journey.
February 20, 2016
The script makes a mess of both the plot and dialogue, but other than that, it's got a quick pace, beautiful visuals and sets, and a nice cast. [Original rating: 3.5 stars]
½ February 12, 2016
It's an entertaining movie that's family friendly. I haven't read the book but as a movie it is enjoyable. I wasn't completely on board with how it ended but I enjoyed the movie. It's fairly unique in the world on young adult adaptations.
½ February 10, 2016
Now the movie is really, mixed. I mean, on one side, we have the cool story, a corrupt mayor. However, on the other we have somewhat unmemorable characters, sloppy lines, and very little character development.
½ January 16, 2016
Great movie. The atmosphere is the biggest + of this movie for me. The music and sounds are good and the story is great too. What may be a - for most people is that the movie is not that long and has not that much action going on except in the end, but for me it doesnŽt need that much action. Because I really like to see how those people live in that underground city, all starts to decay and loose function, the food gets less and they try to keep all alive. The main actors are young, but do a really good job in this movie. So overall, if you want a quite short movie with an interesting story,good actors and great atmosphere go ahead and give city of ember a try! :)
½ September 11, 2015
It's ok, but the book is much better. The movie really is not much like the book at all. Definitely "based on".
July 25, 2015
Good family flick of a dystopian future that doesn't bear up under much scrutiny even while watching it. Enjoyable.
July 17, 2015
Amazing movie, it also shows what can happen to mankind in the future.
½ July 8, 2015
City of Ember doesn't have perfect pacing,and the lack of the action is very noticeable,but the acting is really good and the visuals stand out as we see the story of Ember being unfolded in front of us,little by little.
July 2, 2015
I enjoyed this little sci-fi flick. entertaining. interesting alternative society. Really good visuals and cinematography. So basically, i disagree with the critics on this one.