City of Ember Reviews

• Feb 16, 2020

Very illogical and secondary characters are disappointing, although is an adventure with a lot of suspance.

• Nov 07, 2019

A very nicely produced adaptation of a good young adult novel adds some quite unnecessary aspects to the story and is fairly watchable, but fails to capture the mystery and atmosphere of the book.

• Jul 03, 2019

A good adventure story, well executed fun in a lovely spirit.

A good adventure story, well executed fun in a lovely spirit.

• Jun 22, 2019

Loved it. It's a tween movie but adults can enjoy it too. The movie was good and it'd be good as a series too. If we don't clean up this planet, we're headibg towards living in a foolish place.

• May 07, 2019

It seems to me that you would have to be very cynical to dislike this movie. The steampunk is just insanely homey, all of the characters feel like people you could easily start up a conversation with, the society of Ember is fairly interesting even though it's not unique, and Saoirse Ronan was so absolutely adorable anybody would want her for a daughter. As usual there is a cult that worships blindly (most dystopians tend to do this) to poke fun at religion, but it's such a small part of the movie it didn't bother me that much. The set/CGI is all really good except for the end scenes tube running, and even there it is hard to shame the movie for something so trivial. The whole movie kind of feels like a simple puzzle, and I think that's to its credit rather than detriment. I like it, I'm in love with the props and font, and I wish it hadn't bombed so bad so we could see another.

• Mar 22, 2019

A good adaptation of the book source material. Great cast and well made and told story. It's a shame it got a poor reception and did so dismally at the box office so we'll never get to see the rest of the story.

• Feb 23, 2019

The books were so good and this was a movie that was actually close to the books. I wished they got a sequel.

• Nov 14, 2018

It was a pretty good movie and I really liked it the cast they did a wonderful job! the effects were great for a 10-year-old movie it was a thrilling and well-done movie I loved it! one of the best movies i have seen!

• Sep 23, 2018