Clemency Reviews

• 3d ago

Gut-wrenching, difficult, important, meditative and a must-see!

Gut-wrenching, difficult, important, meditative and a must-see!

• 4d ago

If you want to watch a fun, light, feel-good drama, don’t watch this movie . Clemency is a very well-made film. It opens with a captivating first scene that hooks the audience immediately. The story is very sad, and to be honest, it’s a downer. Not saying that it’s bad, but it doesn’t go for the happy-ending or positive story. It’s has a gray/dull color palette which reflects the dark story and grim tone. The acting is incredible from everyone involved and the technical aspects (editing, cinematography, etc.) were great. The score was very minimal, but was very unique and fit the story. Some of the drone sounds and certain sound effects in here hurt my ears. . Overall, I recommend watching Clemency. It’s not rewatchable (in my opinion), but you should definitely check it out.

• 6d ago

If I am being honest, I did not connect with any of the characters. I did not care what the outcome was. I wanted to feel the struggles of the warden, the attorney, the inmate. I just couldn't fight through the very tedious journey.

• Apr 03, 2020

This movie is not for everyone some people will be bored but I think there's something deeper My grade: B

• Apr 03, 2020

The art piece you don't put in the gallery.

The art piece you don't put in the gallery.

• Apr 02, 2020

You can story me to death and get my forgiveness, but can NOT bore me to death like this did.

• Apr 01, 2020

Exceptional characters, but tough to watch (plot)

Exceptional characters, but tough to watch (plot)

• Mar 31, 2020

I registered just to critique this horrible movie. This looks some under grad's attempt to create a movie for some grade in which I'll bet she got a "F". No really, this movie is so lacking in story, or idea of where it wants to go. Good actors put to bad use. Don't rent, don't buy

• danielk