Cold Pursuit Reviews

las otras de Liam Neeson me gustaron mucho mas 5/10

las otras de Liam Neeson me gustaron mucho mas 5/10

• 3d ago

What a fun movie that takes you in so many directions you never expected to go. Too bad Liam Neeson doesn't know how to give interviews, or this movie would have been much bigger.

• 3d ago

I was hoping for a spin toward comedy with this one and instead of a tonally inconsistent mess. The actors don't seem to be in the same movie. Neeson was told to play it way too intense - the mobsters are playing it way too light and 90% of the comedy falls flat. Its too slow to be a thriller and its too serious to be a comedy and its trying too hard to be a satire. Its not offensively bad, its just so poorly done that it ends up making you bored.

• 4d ago

Liam Neeson's best action movie to date! Armed with action and comedy it succeeds beyond all expectations

• 4d ago

I thought this movie was on the whole extremely good - it is essentially a dark comedy in which the lead played by Liam Neeson plans the assasination of the man responsible for the death of his son. I thought the location and filming was excellent.

• 4d ago

I came to see this movie without expecting a masterpiece, nevertheless I counted on an entertaining action movie. I was quite disappointed. Acting: Liam Neeson fits the roll perfectly, as seen from his previous movies, but his character was uninsteresting, with a personal life that feels abandoned half-way through the movie. The rest of the acting is just too average or unremarkable to even be mentioned, with a very weak vilain. Visuals: nothing fancy, your typically boring snow-set scenario. ST: boring as the rest of the movie, honestly I barely paid attention to it and may even be wrong as I say this, but it felt like an attempt at an edgy ST that simply didnt deliver. Plot: as generic as it comes. There was nothing interesting in this story, that felt like it was patched up and made up as the movie progressed. I spent most of the film trying to figure out whether to take it seriously, or as a comedy and even after finishing it I am not sure. The characters were shallow and mostly unexplored, very generic, with some edgy behaviour that simply made no sense in any context. Many of the characters simply stop appearing as the movie goes (the criminal that betrays his boss near the end, the wife...). Dialogue: just another point that made very little sense, with reactions and overall conversation that was unlikely, artificial or very little convincing. The characters lacked a personality, in my opinion, and simply wandered through the movie. Overal: If you watch it expecting a movie that isnt great, but at least as entertaining as Taken, lower your expectations a little.

• 6d ago

I like this one. Seemed different than the typical Liam Neisen movie, but still had all the action and fun he usually brings. Certainly not perfect, but I still enjoyed it.

• 6d ago

Too predictable, just a gangster movie, one killing after the other, no deep plot or twists, and was not on the edge of my seat , bored and couldn't watch the ending

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 10, 2019

Took me a very long time to adjust to the format, but Cold Pursuit is a win in my book. A moderate one, but still, take that W boys. Sure the setting feels underdeveloped, the tone is back and forth like it's hangin' off the end ball on Newton's cradle, and off the top of my head I can think of a minimum of five characters you could cut entirely without affecting the story in any way whatsoever, but I'm still here for it's weird good thing.

• Jun 09, 2019

A typical Liam Neeson revenge story with more added dark humor to make it a compelling watch