Concussion Reviews

• Feb 28, 2015

A very naturalistic film about a lesbian mum who becomes a prostitute which strikes a perfect balance between great understated acting and beautiful camerawork as the storyline unfolds against the background of renovating an apartment.

• Feb 20, 2015

Could have been done so much better but agree with critics Robin Weigert is superb.

• Feb 02, 2015

So I gave this film a shot because it was starring two of the female lead from Sons of Anarchy, but it was a slow weird film that I didn't really like that much. The first half of the film was decent, but then it got worse and I wasn't too interested in what was happening. Then there was a turning point in the film and I might have been done paying attention by then, but I was confused on how everything ended up so good after what happened. Oh well, I might have not been too focus, but that's the film's fault partially.

• Nov 30, 2014

I sat through ten minutes or so of this and turned it off. I don't mind a movie being slow-moving if the characters are interesting or there's something important being said, but none of that was happening here.

• Oct 22, 2014

Intelligent and sexy but a little too safe.

Intelligent and sexy but a little too safe.

• Oct 15, 2014

A sparse and thoughtful drama about a mid-life crisis in same-sex parents.

A sparse and thoughtful drama about a mid-life crisis in same-sex parents.

• Sep 29, 2014

The movie presents a good premise, builds up the plot, offers you fairly interesting characters and then pretty much lets you down midway through. With strong acting performances and aside from a narrative that seems to run out of ideas, this movie is still well made and worth a casual viewing.

• Sep 20, 2014

Better than thought, but still stays on a superficial level.

Better than thought, but still stays on a superficial level.

• Aug 10, 2014

there's been a few "lezzie hooker" or "frustrated housewife" flicks; most of them you definitely didn't watch for the "story". this was quite a nicely handled "mid-life crisis film" even if it floundered towards the end. well, i liked it. deserves a watch 'specially for the 30s and up.

• Jun 07, 2014

mediocre movie about bored housewife(s).

mediocre movie about bored housewife(s).