Coraline Reviews

• 4d ago

With an incredible animation, a fantastic, original and imaginative story, endearing characters and some horror elements, ‘Coraline' is an amazing, visually stunning animated film.

• Nov 17, 2020

In my opinion, I think Coraline is a very enjoyable movie for everybody. While exploring her new home, a girl named Coraline discovers a secret door, behind which lies a different world that closely mirrors her own but, in many ways, is better. She enjoys living in her other world, until Other Mother and the rest of her other family try to keep her there forever, which is sewing buttons into her eyes. Coraline must use all her resources and bravery to make it back to her own family. My favorite part of the movie is when all was peaceful in the parallel world, her other parents suggests Coraline to sew buttons onto her eyes, and live in the other world forever. That moment, Coraline was scared and shocked. I liked this part because it was so surprising and cruel. If I were Coraline, I probably would of be very scared and anxious. Also, I liked the part when Coraline was trapped inside a room with other spirits, and bravely saves herself, because I thought she was very brave and calm. It was so good when Coraline came to her real parents and lived happily ever after. :)

• Nov 14, 2020

GORGEOUS. Absolutely gorgeous movie. The styling is so unique and it really cements LAIKA as a powerhouse. The story is so unnerving and creepy and I love it. I love the way the tunnel into the other world matches up with the view of the well at the end of the movie. It's fantastic. Honestly, the worst part is just the half naked old ladies.

• Nov 07, 2020

The best film in the world

The best film in the world

• Nov 03, 2020

One of the Best Animated Horror Movie Ever!

One of the Best Animated Horror Movie Ever!

• Oct 31, 2020

So watched this yesterday. Coraline, moving to a new home, found a secret door that led her to an alternate universe where her parents and others were better. However, she realized that the being on the other side wanted to keep her there forever. Now, Coraline had to escape the danger. Even though I don't like the animation's style a lot, it really crept me out couple of times with the shapes and features of the characters in the movie. If I watched this as a kid, it would have probably freak me out. Also, despite the first half of the movie was a little bit slow, I found the adventure part of the movie pretty fun and entertaining. Overall, a pretty fun movie. 7/10

• Oct 23, 2020

Fantastic watch, will watch again, and do recommend. I really wish more movies would follow this simple and great movie structure. Instead of a typical 3-act structure (not that it isn't technically there), the story is much closer to that of a video game. You have a standard introductory act, but the rest of the movie is split into video game-esque "levels" that develop and unlock as Coraline makes new discoveries and completes different sections of the "map" / house. There is a lot of messaging here as well, mostly concerning relationships between children and parents and how to navigate those in regard to real life events, but everything is "do not tell" levels of subtle so it's not in your face at all. The Beldam itself is a magnificent creation of a "thing that bumps in the night" style of monster. While there is a lot left unexplained, there is plenty that is exampled about the Beldam and her world. The movie also reminds me a lot of "The Wizard of Oz" in a few different ways so its good that there are family friendly movies of this quality that make vague callbacks to classic movies.

• Oct 20, 2020

Best movie ever made in every aspect. So much attention to detail and storyline.

• Oct 20, 2020

a great animation, visually beautiful a good script a scary villain that really scares, this animation is incredible.

• Oct 18, 2020

It was fine i didn't understand it much but that it gets 90 it should get like 72