Crawl Reviews

• 4d ago

A movie filled with jump scares and a good time.

A movie filled with jump scares and a good time.

• 6d ago

Watched it during the day and had enough, well-timed jump scares to get my blood pumping! Also enjoyed how relatable they made the film seem. As far as recent creature features go, this is one of my favourites.

• Apr 28, 2021

I saw this to check out two great performers, Barry Pepper, and Kaya Scodelario. I had no idea what this was about other than its leads, but I was happy because it turned out to be a good story. Kaya Scodelario plays Haley, a girl who is one of the best in her college swim team and has been this way since before college with the help of her father Dave, played by Barry Pepper. But despite all their happy times, things have not been the best for the whole family. Haley's parents are divorced, her sister lives a long way from home and her father is desperate to keep the house he raised his daughter. All this while a hurricane threatens the house as Haley checks in on her father. As it turns out he has been attacked by a violent pack of alligators that are claiming the basement as the hurricane eventually strikes and the levies prepare to burst. Basically, it is an awesome survival movie with man against nature, with plenty of decent shocks and awes to make anyone jump. A nice movie to watch and I am happy that its two leads deliver great performances.

• Apr 19, 2021

With respect to other current scary films, this was a very welcome surprise! I enjoyed the actors, main and background, jumped more than once at reallt well placed scares. More of this please!

• Apr 19, 2021

This is a lot more than your typical Monster film adding a hurricane and no way put and a scenario of possible drowning the clock is ticking. This is an edge-of-your-seat film hitting the mark of intense moments as your heart pounds watching rooting for the main characters this is sure to keep you glued to the screen until the very end.

• Apr 16, 2021

One of the most stressful movies I've ever seen.

One of the most stressful movies I've ever seen.

• Apr 07, 2021

Some of the stupidest crap ive seen, they could've literally at any time broken through the wall in the basement. And just a plethora of other completely senseless decisions, ruined the entire movie for me and my family.

• Apr 07, 2021

I have no words. I had to force myself to watch this monstrosity which some call a movie. The amount of goofs and errors within the first ten minutes completely threw me off. After watching horrible 'CGI' alligators over run a poorly set, Floridian household crawl space, then to make these so-called "monsters" move, jump, and run at super sonic speeds made this movie more cheesy than a Wisconsin deli. As a born and raised Floridian, nothing about this seems anywhere close to being perceived correctly. A hit and a miss.

• Apr 05, 2021

Opens with a swim meet to establish my protagonist, then plunge us into a hurricane. Rising flood waters as she searches for dad. Add a big 'gator! And another! Ramps up some lovely tension and jumps in that flooded basement. Nice black humour in that boat attack! Keeps that tension rolling along with lots of gators and blood and a bit of father/daughter bonding... Does what it says on the tin.

• Mar 28, 2021

The CG was somewhat anti-immersive overall, and the scenario seemed exceedingly farfetched (while attempting to trick the viewer into thinking it was believable). Nonetheless, I liked the horror elements (especially the winding flashlight which was a nice catalyst for jump scares) and think that the acting was pretty decent. 6/10, but I would recommend, albeit without much enthusiasm.