Crimson Peak Reviews

• Jul 29, 2020

Although this film probably only works for a certain type of individual, I thought that this film didnt have a single full moment, entertaining for the entire two hour mark. The atmosphere felt amazing, the costumes and visuals were extravagant, and the story kept you guessing right up until the end. Although the CGI ghosts were questionable, the real life threat of a deranged sibling duo ensured intensity and terror throughout. Plus, how could I not mention the brilliant casting? If this review interested you, I'd be sure to give it a watch.

• Jul 20, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) A more or less original suspense drama with a few ghosts thrown in. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 59 minutes, it's a long movie that felt average in length. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Mia Wasikowska and Tom Hiddleston delivered good performances. Summary: (3.5/5) The film didn't feel short, but the story and cast were good. A thumbs up.

• Jul 17, 2020

For a haunted house story, you would think the ghosts would have played a central part in the plot. But you could have made this same movie without any ghosts, so the whole movie comes across as style over substance.

• Jun 15, 2020

More of a victory of style over substance in this creepy ghost story from Guillermo del Toro. Some nice Gothic touches and a sumptuous feel give it a genuine Grand Guignol feel but the plot isn't really meaty enough. Think a sort of pulpy version Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre with added gore and you won't be far off the mark. The lavish theatricals are complimented by a competent cast but they all feel too distant and unreal to engender much in the way of sympathy.

• Jun 01, 2020

Very bad pacing, I felt the ghost was a bit meh. No need to be as long as it was, certainly didn't keep me excited and on the edge of my seat.

• May 31, 2020

Bruh, Imma bout to Crimson PEAK! UH! 8.25/10.

Bruh, Imma bout to Crimson PEAK! UH! 8.25/10.

• May 11, 2020

It has a creepy atmosphere, a solid cast, and unique and imaginative visuals, as always with Guillermo del Toro, but its narrative is certainly flawed.

• May 04, 2020

It was an original story with beautiful details. The ending seems a bit rushed.

It was an original story with beautiful details. The ending seems a bit rushed.

• May 02, 2020

The cinematography, costume design and acting was very well done with what they had. However the story was lacking and it was rather plain

• Apr 26, 2020

Two stars for the beautiful cinematography... the movie stunk.

Two stars for the beautiful cinematography... the movie stunk.