Dawn of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dawn of the Dead Reviews

April 18, 2017
Complete waste of film when compared to the original. Just what you'd expect from a modern remake.
March 29, 2017
Great homage and and interesting remake. One of Snyder's best works to date, and it's his debut!
March 26, 2017
Action-packed, intense, and occasionally funny, Dawn of the Dead succeeds as both horror movie and as remake. The cast is top-notch, and the Zombie Celebrity scene is the highlight of the film.
March 14, 2017
a classic zombie movie
½ January 1, 2017
Thrilling with suspense for a horror movie ?
December 7, 2016
Despite the way it ends, this film kept me from going to sleep for almost a month! That's saying something!
September 26, 2016
The only Zack Snyder movie I can say I truly loved from start to finish. The fast style of directing along with a screenplay full of interesting characters makes it a must see for not just horror fans, but lovers of all cinema. The characters are ones with not only defined identities, but who make choices with consequences they must live with. In so many ways this film eclipses the original, which I always found far too slow and drawn out.

Why more of Zack Snyder's movies haven't turned out like this I don't know. Hopefully he can reclaim his lost magic again and continue to put out movies that are not serviceable, at best, but truly wonderful again.
½ September 18, 2016
Not a bad remake really, throw the first DOTD out the window and forget about it and just enjoy this modern day horror flick.
August 29, 2016
Definitely my top three zombie movies of all time
½ August 28, 2016
Good remake original is still better.
½ August 28, 2016
The first ten minutes including a disturbingly brilliant title sequence (with Johnny Cash's "The man comes around") are excellent and frikkin scary. After that it gets a little too predictable within the genre tropes and some scenes (the birth especially) are unnecessarily sadistic and disgusting. Entertaining enough until the insultingly stupid found footage end credits reveal.
½ July 18, 2016
The zombies were more interesting than our main "characters," who were really just zombie food. As usual, Snyder substitutes direction and story with spectacle.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
One of the best zombie films to date, Brilliant remake all the cast were fun, The zombies looked great and the action scenes were entertaining and gory, What more do you want from a zombie film.
July 5, 2016
the best zombie film Ive ever seen
½ June 30, 2016
Yes irts' a good movie
½ June 30, 2016
this is where everybody went zombie crazy.
June 30, 2016
I love this film. I hate comparing 'remakes' to their originals, I prefer to see them as stand alones inspired by the original story, told in a different way sharing a name. But it's quicker to say remake I guess.
Dawn of the Dead '78 is the reason I like this genre, DotD '04 is why I still like.
As far as running zombies go, I don't care, but it makes them much more a a threat...
One of my favourite Directors, with some of the best actors about and a great soundtrack, good visuals, what more could you want? Might be my favourite Z film.
Also loveable Ty Burrell does a great job at making you hate him as Steve.
June 30, 2016
great remake of a classic. a rare remake done right
½ June 19, 2016
I didn't see the original to have a bias or anything, I just thought this one was kind of dumb.
½ June 17, 2016
"Dawn Of The Dead" is a very suspenseful gorefest!