Dawn of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dawn of the Dead Reviews

½ April 16, 2018
Watching the unrated DVD made me appreciate it more. When will studios learn that they don't make the movies?
March 19, 2018
Nice performances. Decent writing and characters. Very re-watchable. It is what it is, and what it is is very entertaining.
February 8, 2018
I've never seen the original but this is one of the better zombie movies out there. Classic blood, gore and cabin fever.
jamrcla
½ January 12, 2018
One of the best zombie films ever, Brilliant remake and most of the cast were fun a few annoying ones but they get what's coming to them, The zombies looked great and the action scenes were entertaining and gory, Maybe lack of horror at times but it didn't really need them, Apart from that what more do you want from a zombie film?
November 24, 2017
Despite the way it ends, this film kept me from going to sleep for almost a month! That's saying something!
November 21, 2017
A decent remake with some slickly shot scenes. While not perfect it is entertaining.
½ November 13, 2017
Such a fantastic remake. Very different from the original, and I love them both for very different reasons, but it's just such a great thrill ride. Falls apart a little at the end, but it's still soo damn good.
½ November 12, 2017
One of the rare movies which surpassed all the previous movies in the genre. The best zombie movie of all time, stylish, fun and intense.
October 29, 2017
A faster and energetic zombie movie.
½ October 20, 2017
A lot of action, gore, and dark comedy. A rare horror movie remake that's almost as good as the original, in my opinion.
½ October 8, 2017
Good entertaining horror zombie movie directed by Zack mother fudging snyder, one of my most hated directors of all time starring some random people. I never watched the original dead movies or whatever you want to call that franchise but I think that this is the best Zack Snyder movie ever and he should immediately quit dc and make nothing but horror movies, he does a pretty good job and then the zombies feel real and you sorta care for the characters but not all, aka only the African American cop who was in pirrana.
September 9, 2017
Comes in Second to the Original but An Excellent Zombie Flick, Wish they would make a Sequel!
August 31, 2017
Don't listen to the Tomatometer or even the audience score. This movie sucks.
July 11, 2017
This is practically the first time they made running zombies. It was sentimentally making us feel scared of zombies.
Tyler H.
½ July 4, 2017
Dawn of the Dead: The movie's fast paced and very similar action sequences don't create anything special to the horror or zombie genre. The movie is predictable and very basic in terms of the script. The movie was entertaining but nothing special here.
June 30, 2017
Although the movie steals the "fast zombie" idea from "28 Days Later", "Dawn of the Dead" is one of the better zombie films in the past decade
June 27, 2017
It's okay. The action is good and the camera angles are up-and-close. The only problem is that the colors are too vivid, which kills the whole "zombie" mood.
April 18, 2017
Complete waste of film when compared to the original. Just what you'd expect from a modern remake.
March 29, 2017
Great homage and and interesting remake. One of Snyder's best works to date, and it's his debut!
March 26, 2017
Action-packed, intense, and occasionally funny, Dawn of the Dead succeeds as both horror movie and as remake. The cast is top-notch, and the Zombie Celebrity scene is the highlight of the film.