The Dead Zone Reviews

• Nov 05, 2019

The first half was heading somewhere but I could have done without the politics that came after. It was definitely very Stephen King-y.

• Nov 05, 2019

One of the best Stephen King adaptions.

One of the best Stephen King adaptions.

• Sep 25, 2019

My favorite film and book, The story was dark,ethereal and compelling.Christopher Walken gave a strong performance!

• Jun 16, 2019

Possibly Walken's best performance.

Possibly Walken's best performance.

• May 30, 2019

a stephen king film with christopher walkin and an appearance of martin sheen? YES. this movie is so good. A psychological thriller that is a must see. it was a stephen king best seller and is one of the best King films adaptations to date but a really sad and unfortunate ending

• May 28, 2019

Seeing. If I like. I'll give more ½ star. Like I promise more half star. It's a good suggestion. I recommend.

• May 01, 2019

The Dead Zone is amongst the best of Stephen King's novel adaptations and is a chilling, atmospheric, well crafted story. There's a moustache twirling "maniacal villain" scene involving Martin Sheen that feels somewhat overplayed towards the end but thats a small gripe for what is an otherwise excellent film.

• Apr 12, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed this film based on the book by acclaimed author Stephen King by acclaimed director David Cronenberg. It is not really a horror in the slasher sense, more of a psychological thriller based on the character of Johnny Smith (Christopher Walken). Smith has an appalling road traffic accident resulting in a 5 year long coma. In that time he loses his job, love interest Sarah Bracknell (Brooke Adams) who remarries and has a young son. His recovery from the coma is arduous and in the process he discovers he has a psychic ability that is triggered when he touches someone. The psychic ability is used in several situations including a serial killer investigation in his locality, avoiding a student of his dying in a frozen lake and predicting an annoying Donald Trump like character standing for election to the U.S. senate Greg Stillson (Martin Sheen) becoming U.S. President and triggering a nuclear war with the Soviet Union in the 1980s. It is this horrific premonition that results in Smith attempting to assassinate Stillson who uses Sarah Bracknells baby son as a human shield in a cowardly act that ultimately ruins his career. I had never heard or seen this film but it was enjoyable viewing. I particularly was amused at the music score by the late Michael Kamen that had elements of his later efforts Lethal Weapon and Licence To Kill. Look out for appearances by Bond/Pink Panther alumni Anthony Zerbe, Walken himself and Herbert Lom in a respectable cast. Tom Skeritt also appears. Cronenberg uses his native Canada to stand in for Maine, USA.

• Mar 23, 2019

Great movie. They don’t make them like this anymore

Great movie. They don’t make them like this anymore

• Jan 16, 2019

One of Walken's most sympathetic characters, this offers insight into the horrors of knowing the future, and the power to change it.