Deck the Halls Reviews

• Feb 22, 2021

Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito star in this Christmas comedy as Devito and his family move into the house across the street from Broderick and his family. Thus begins a Christmas showdown as Devito decides he wants to light up his house so that it's visible in space, much to the annoyance of his neighbor. The laughs are pretty generic, overall it's an okay Christmas movie. Not one that will be added to any Christmas watch list traditions.

• Dec 23, 2020

I would watch this movie every year around the holidays. It has an entertaining enough story to keep me engaged year after year but I wouldn't call it a good movie

• Dec 20, 2020

With awkward comedy, characters that are either unlikeable or flat, unearned emotional moments that ring hollow, bad acting and a plot that could've worked as satire but only ends up making a spectacle of itself by playing everything completely straight (family that's in massive debt, my ass), it's safe to say that Deck the Halls will certainly make you want to deck somebody.

• Dec 20, 2020

I don't understand the low score on here fir Deck the Halls. Broderick n Devito go head to head over Christmas lights. The light show itself is insanely good. Great music throughout with the usual silly comedy goofs. Wonderful story throughout snd great acting. Danny Devito still has it

• Dec 19, 2020

Stupid, whacky and bonkers... yet enjoyable. I found 'Deck the Halls' fun. Danny DeVito is the film's star, no question. If it wasn't for him I'd potentially be rating this lower, I admit. He gives an amusing performance, while the hearty stuff directly with him works. Matthew Broderick is a little forgettable here but still produces a good display. Kristin Chenoweth is probably the best of the rest, but it's all about DeVito in truth. I mentioned the heart works with the aforementioned actor, but elsewhere it's a a bit hit-and-miss. The final scene, that Chenoweth plays a part in, is very iffy - could've went either way, I just about liked it though. The humour is good, as is the plot - as silly as it is. I also really enjoyed how they did the lights. I got entertainment from this.

• Dec 15, 2020

this film isn't even much of a film, as that would suggest at something with an actual plot, which this movie does not have. the entire premise of the movie is that Danny Devito (i already forgot the characters name) wants his house covered in christmas lights to be seen from space. why does he want this? the movie sure doesn't know, it just randomly gets brought up after he looks at some satellite images. and the ending is one of the most cliche, corny, sappy, stupid ending to a christmas movie you could imagine. there isn't a single redeeming quality to this movie in my opinion.

• Dec 11, 2020

I like Matthew Broderick. I like Danny DeVito. I like Kristin Davis and Kristin Chenoweth. I do NOT like Deck the Halls. This movie is absolutely absurd and completely predictable. The plot is so disjointed and the characters are so inconsistent that it feels like a new team of writers was brought in for each scene after the old team was fired. It's almost impressive how unfunny this attempt at a Christmas comedy is.

• Dec 09, 2020

Terrible film all around. Waste of talent as well.

Terrible film all around. Waste of talent as well.

• Dec 05, 2020

This movie has been mercilessly panned by critics but I think they are missing something huge. Deck the Halls brings a nontraditional sentimentality of the Christmas season through the lens of those who misguidedly attempt to recreate the feeling of Christmases past by checking off holiday activities and tasks in a rote manner. Obviously this leads to disaster for all parties involved. The feeling and spirit of Christmas is in the moment. Not constructed or built to revive old memories but to create new ones to be remembered fondly in the future and to be enjoyed in the moment. In the end they get it. The road to them getting it is crazy, far fetched and funny. As long as you don't try to make the antics of this movie plausible, just go with the gags and over the top situations, it's a really sweet and funny movie. A+ cast to boot!!

• Dec 02, 2020

Absolutely not worth any screen-time. What do people think, when reading what they've written there?!