De-Lovely Reviews

• Jun 28, 2020

The balance of strong performances and strong music numbers make it an interesting watch.

• Dec 03, 2019

stunning cast, musicians and remakes of the originals.....i just love this movie and ashley judd is so convincing i couldnt watch to the end.... OUTSTANDING story telling

• May 10, 2019

Can't believe its taken me this long to see this. Ashley Judd & Kevin Kline are just pure delight -- or shall we say, delovely. The "So in love" scene by the piano had me balling.... started out cheeky & cheesy, but its a great finish

• Mar 04, 2019

Looks great but Kline is too much of a ham.

Looks great but Kline is too much of a ham.

• Oct 25, 2018

I thought the music, the style and the way of story telling was superb and inspired.

• Aug 30, 2018

The film is very well produced with lots of great takes with known singers. Delightful except for the story about one of them homer-sexuals that get married to a woman and becomes acceptable. I can't help but feel so much creep, creeping.

• Mar 16, 2018

De-Lovely is a decent film. It is about the life and career of composer. Cole Porter. Kevin Kline and Ashley Judd give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Irwin Wrinkler did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and music.

• Dec 05, 2017

A great song writer's story told from an unusual perspective.

A great song writer's story told from an unusual perspective.

• Aug 30, 2017

Like an amateur jazz band trying to pack too many keys and time signatures into one song, De-Lovely is a complete mess. The music is wonderful, of course, but the forced love triangle story and the (admittedly unique) framing gimmick just scream of insecurity. Fluffy and forgettable.

• Apr 27, 2017

This movie focuses on Cole and Linda Porter and his homosexual lifestyle. I found it a charming film. The chemistry between Kevin Kline and Ashley Judd was impeccable!