A Dirty Shame - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dirty Shame Reviews

February 23, 2016
John Waters' attempt at affirming that he hasn't gone Hollywood. It's very silly but if you're watching it with the right person it could be a bit of a fun time. Still better than Forest Gump.
½ October 28, 2015
Boring misery 'floppy' arseholes V's True blue Red Blooded animals.!! ( - ;
August 19, 2015
Hilarious ??? piece of work!
½ July 29, 2015
Ullman lifts this quirky comedy up to watchable territory if only barely.
½ May 4, 2015
It's a bit cheesy and too silly to me to be considered a "pervasive" movie. The story isn't super strong and entertaining enough to me. Maybe it's just the comedy
July 29, 2014
I love this movie just because Johnny Knoxville is HOT
June 7, 2014
I miss John Waters so much. He needs to make another film post haste.
½ March 29, 2014
Not all that funny but you can defiantly get a few laughs from it!
March 8, 2014
Shockingly funny! I love crude sexual humor, so this was a hilarious romp for me. John Waters juxtaposes a pastel toned Baltimore neighborhood with bizarre sexual fetishes, and creates a laughable, yet filthy, fun watch.
March 5, 2014
This movie convinced me that once one has seen one Water's movie, one has seen them all. Nothing new here folks. Amateurish dialogue writing . The same situation as in every other Waters film where the protagonists battle the "square" world.
December 31, 2013
another mad film from John waters who seem to have lost the magic touch with this one. It's not as great comedy as his previous films but it's watchable.
½ December 21, 2013
Tracey Ullman manages to pull some solid laughs from this silly and immature "dirty" comedy. John Water's "edge" seems to have given way to the comic sensibilities of a 12 year old boy.
TheDudeLebowski65
October 25, 2013
Mediocre comedy with a few laughs strewn throughout, A Dirty Shame directed by Pink Flamingos director John Waters should have been much better considering its premise. Unfortunately, the film has a weak script that just doesn't deliver what it should have. I really wanted to enjoy the film, but most of the gags fell flat, and Waters can't seem to construct something memorable here. I will say this, this is far better than the awful mess Pink Flamingos, and he has managed to make something with a bit of humour, but overall due to its script, and lack of effective ideas, the movie as a whole suffers. The cast could have been better as well, and there is no one that stands out. This film should have been much better than what it turned out, and it's a shame because it could have been something really amusing. Aside from a few laughs, the film lacks something to make an effective comedy. I really wanted to enjoy the film, and I can see that this was a film that had plenty of great ideas that was halted due to a lacking script. If the script would have been significantly tighter, with better gags, I think A Dirty Shame would have a very good film. Instead we get a mediocre comedy with mild laughs and so-so acting. The cast is varied enough, but there is just no spark to really make this film take off. A Dirty Shame is a film that has plenty of potential, but ultimately just disappoints the viewer that wants something more out of their viewing experience.
June 25, 2013
explicit but good...
March 31, 2013
Butterz gave me this movie. Said it was "right up my alley." Hrmm...from this review, was that an insult? LOL..."America's leading titan of bad taste, John Waters, returns to X-rated territory," Watching now, review coming soon...damn...
February 16, 2013
"I'm Sylvia Stickles, and I've got the itch!"
So I went to see "A Dirty Shame" at it's screening, and I had had no idea what to expect... A woman becomes a sex addict after being hit on the head... Innocent enough right?

But boy, what a delightful
ttickle-your-sexy-funny bone surprise the unexpected was!

I left the cinema with a bemused smile on my face as my memory recounted all the delightfully raunchy aspects and scenes of this film,(even now, as I write this, I can't help but laugh): "Sex A-D-D-I-C-T-S are among us, everywhere", and we might as well convert, as they will soon take over the world.

Tracy Ullman was perfect as the newly converted "apostle", the last link to the "sex-surrection".
And who better to play the angelic (or should I say devilish) sex saint & sexual healer Ray Ray, than Johnny Knoxville (gleam in eye and all!)

There are many hilariously classic moments in this film (certainly gives new visual meaning to the words "trouser snake"), but they're all to numerous to mention.

This was John Waters as his usual quirky best, and it is definitely one for the books, right down to it's explosively "climactic" ending!

A definite "Should See"!
January 24, 2013
I dont know,which version I saw . But it was very blue. Wow but it didnt disgust me. I saw it on dvd in Australia rated R18 , so it may have been the 'NC-17' cut. I do wanna collect more JW's flicks. I have pecker, serial mom, hairspray, cecil b demented, cru baby ...this is another of his recent ones
January 16, 2013
Hilarious and strange. Love waters!!
January 11, 2013
John Waters continues to entertain me.
December 20, 2012
I actually have this on DVD, but haven't watch it yet - I love John Waters movies.