Disaster Movie Reviews

• 2d ago

When people say that this movie lives up to its title...it's not a compliment. This movie somehow managed to be worse than the already painfully unfunny Epic Movie with Friedberg and Seltzer being back to doing what they do "best": just making fun of what's popular at the moment, passing off references to movies from the last two years as jokes, the only research being looking at trailers and production notes and having unfunny jokes go on forever for no other than to pad out the runtime. It doesn't help that the "plot" barely fits the criteria for a disaster movie spoof, whereas Epic Movie at least had Narnia as the main focus through and through. The few jokes that did made me laugh didn't having me fully giggling, so you still get the worst star rating a movie can get on this site. Remember when parody movies, including the Scary Movie series were actually professionally made? True, this ship has sailed but the most unrealistic thing about this movie is that SeltzerBerg still managed to make a few more parody films after this cheap ugly-looking mess.

• Aug 14, 2019

If I was in middle school or just a lot dumber, maybe I would have liked "Disaster Movie." This movie is so bad that you really have to see it to believe it. The spoof genre has plenty of movies that are awful, but this one is easily one of the worst of the bunch. The references to things that were popular at the time are there, but the laughs are not. The movie features a ton of immature humor that made me smile here and there but I don't remember laughing even once because most of the movie is just plain bad. Every comedic moment that's awful in this movie goes on for way too long and it just started to make me uncomfortable. In the end, there are good spoof movies, there are bad ones, and there are ones like this movie that are downright unwatchable.

• Aug 11, 2019

What a load of not-funny. Zzzzz

What a load of not-funny. Zzzzz

• Jul 31, 2019

more than disaster movie you could call non-sense movie because the plot and making of the movie do not make sense. Overall it makes you laugh but only and only because it is full of useless quotes and not at all functional to the plot (which practically is not there) that serve only to amuse and most do not succeed

• Jul 06, 2019

It sucks because it has a lot of parodies!

It sucks because it has a lot of parodies!

• May 29, 2019

This movie isn't fun it's just bad

This movie isn't fun it's just bad

• May 04, 2019

One of the worst "comedies" ever shit out by a studio, Disaster Movie is the epitome on what NOT to do in a comedy.

• Apr 27, 2019

This is a truly awful movie. Sadly it has a talented cast who've been let down by an awful script, that tries to add as many references to other films in as short a time as possible. This results in constant annoying interruptions to hide the lack of actual plot !! I would recommend watching it though to see how NOT to make a movie !!

• Apr 21, 2019

It stars Kim Kardashian. That's all I need to know.

It stars Kim Kardashian. That's all I need to know.

• Mar 22, 2019

A "movie" that offers zero laughs and relies on too many dated pop culture references for its humor. Disaster Movie offers nothing new and is quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made.