Dolphin Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dolphin Tale Reviews

August 13, 2017
Although you're likely to guess how the film's going to end, especially if your children read a book also regarding the same true story, Dolphin Tale is better than the average biopic. It has a great heart, sweet yet well-told storytelling, good performances mainly from the two adorable kids, with none of that soppy romance nonsense...just great friendship, an inspiring message and even some unexpected laughs. Gotta lighten the mood every now and then, do we not? Most audiences will enjoy it, regardless of age, but I think it'll appeal the most to people who had to have their limbs amputated. One thing I'll truly give the filmmakers credit for is that they cast the actual Winter to play the Winter seen in the movie. It's not a specially trained dolphin, it's the real Winter. Even if biopics aren't your thing, I have a feeling Dolphin Tale just might win you over. Not too sure about the sequel, though.
August 3, 2017
This movie wasn't terrible it was just boring at parts but the dolphins are really cute and the scenes with the dolphins are cute
½ March 12, 2017
A humble performance by Nathan Gamble leads this enjoyable comedy-drama film and draws us in enough to endure the sappier scenes.
February 17, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 16, 2016
I hate this movie. It might be Harry Connick Jror something else intangible, but this movie is garbage
½ November 12, 2016
11/12/2016: A really nice true story family film with an excellent cast.
½ October 26, 2016
A cute movie for the whole family. Sad that its true though.
October 13, 2016
Went and visited the marina and had to see the movie afterwards. It could have been worse.
½ September 16, 2016
This was a decent watch, not for cinematic reasons per se but for making the world a better place. I watched this with my son, Julian, and I was pleased with how they took the true story, including the actual dolphin from it, and, especially for kids, promoted environmentalism, caring for animals, etc.--really solid and important aspects that need to be, more than ever, emphasized in the youth of today.

My only qualms is that I have very mixed emotions about the casting. I know that to get an important environmental message heard, and thus the film watched, you have to incorporate Hollywood megastars. I simply wish this didn't have to be the case. The story would have come across better with unknown actors--or simply as a sincere documentary without the Hollywood B.S.
½ September 16, 2016

May 31, 2016
if you like dolphins and true story's then this is the film for you.
½ May 20, 2016
C c. Cc c c c cc mc,c,
AaaaĆ?
March 31, 2016
This is a true story and for having it be a true story I would say it was a good movie. If you like animals you might like this movie. I think it's great how they saved a dolphin and the dolphin named winter survived. The graphics were good and it was beautiful scenery in this movie the music was pleasant. Kids will love this movie! If you like dolphins or animals this could be the right movie for you!! And don't forget they made dolphin tale 2 so the story continues!
February 8, 2016
This movie was terrible, and yet they had the balls to make a second?!
½ January 25, 2016
Dolphin tale has lots of heart and some good cinematography. Great for the whole family. Don't expect any surprises though and the "feel good" nature is really heavy handed to you. A few unnecessary scenes as well.
½ January 15, 2016
Pretty feel good movie. Interesting it was based on a true story.
½ January 12, 2016
2016-01-12 kids were great, so was Winter
December 5, 2015
Decent family movie will entertain kids.
December 2, 2015
It's what you expect.
½ November 11, 2015
Beautiful if undemanding family film. It's basically just Free Willy with a dolphin but it works for what it is.