Dolphin Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dolphin Tale Reviews

½ November 12, 2016
11/12/2016: A really nice true story family film with an excellent cast.
½ October 26, 2016
A cute movie for the whole family. Sad that its true though.
October 13, 2016
Went and visited the marina and had to see the movie afterwards. It could have been worse.
½ September 16, 2016
This was a decent watch, not for cinematic reasons per se but for making the world a better place. I watched this with my son, Julian, and I was pleased with how they took the true story, including the actual dolphin from it, and, especially for kids, promoted environmentalism, caring for animals, etc.--really solid and important aspects that need to be, more than ever, emphasized in the youth of today.

My only qualms is that I have very mixed emotions about the casting. I know that to get an important environmental message heard, and thus the film watched, you have to incorporate Hollywood megastars. I simply wish this didn't have to be the case. The story would have come across better with unknown actors--or simply as a sincere documentary without the Hollywood B.S.
½ September 16, 2016

May 31, 2016
if you like dolphins and true story's then this is the film for you.
½ May 20, 2016
C c. Cc c c c cc mc,c,
AaaaĆ?
April 25, 2016
A humble performance by Nathan Gamble leads this enjoyable comedy-drama film and draws us in enough to endure the sappier scenes.
March 31, 2016
This is a true story and for having it be a true story I would say it was a good movie. If you like animals you might like this movie. I think it's great how they saved a dolphin and the dolphin named winter survived. The graphics were good and it was beautiful scenery in this movie the music was pleasant. Kids will love this movie! If you like dolphins or animals this could be the right movie for you!! And don't forget they made dolphin tale 2 so the story continues!
February 8, 2016
This movie was terrible, and yet they had the balls to make a second?!
½ January 25, 2016
Dolphin tale has lots of heart and some good cinematography. Great for the whole family. Don't expect any surprises though and the "feel good" nature is really heavy handed to you. A few unnecessary scenes as well.
½ January 15, 2016
Pretty feel good movie. Interesting it was based on a true story.
½ January 12, 2016
2016-01-12 kids were great, so was Winter
December 5, 2015
Decent family movie will entertain kids.
December 2, 2015
It's what you expect.
½ November 11, 2015
Beautiful if undemanding family film. It's basically just Free Willy with a dolphin but it works for what it is.
November 7, 2015
I guess I just have a really soft spot for this film. While there are a few scenes that are so bad that they never should have made it into the film, but the majority of this movie is just a pure delight. Yes, I shed a few happy tears. Definitely worth watching at least once with the family.
September 15, 2015
Surprisingly, I was charmed and enthralled by this movie. REALLY wonderful family entertainment :)
August 11, 2015
Rating: 79%
Dolphin Tale has a great human (and dolphin) cast, with a touching and inspirational story as well as relatable characters.
August 2, 2015
Dolphin Tale is a fun and inspiring movie for the whole family to be delighted, even if the plot may be a bit predictable