Dreamcatcher Reviews

• Nov 01, 2020

Not the finest Steven Kind adaptation, but it's a nice enough creature horror.

Not the finest Steven Kind adaptation, but it's a nice enough creature horror.

• Oct 15, 2020

Often times I find myself wondering if people review movies of their own independent thoughts, or, if they agree that something is good, or bad, because everyone else says it is. Hive mentality, I guess. This movie is far from a masterpiece, but is it entertaining? Absolutely. For starters you could tell me that there was a new 5 hour long opera, and as long as it had Morgan Freeman, the criminally underrated Damien Lewis, personal favorites Jason Lee, and Timothy Olyphant, AND Thomas Jane, I'd sit through it happily. The cast is great. What isn't particularly great, and what I wish had been different is that a lot of the dialogue is corny in a confusing way. Sure, some of it between the 4 leads is meant to be hockney inside jokes, and humor from their 20 years as friends, but, even still it's mostly so/so at best, and sometimes flat out cringy. Same can be said for Freeman, who does what he can with what he was given, "Bucko". The CGI holds up, and was probably considered quite good for 2003, and the story becomes clear, and has a surprising ending. Stop living in the Hive everyone, have your own opinions.

• Oct 14, 2020

This is the sort of movie that I enjoy, largely from loving the book and also for loving cheesy horror. It's kind of a 50/50 on good acting; there's moments, there's glimmers, of good acting from good actors. The graphics are...dated, and they were probably dated when it came out. I'm rating it the middle because I only recommend this if you're incredibly forgiving of book adaptations in general, chill with bad CGI, and find on the nose storytelling disarmingly charming.

• Oct 14, 2020

Well...umm...Dreamcatcher; well for the first half of the film I was super confused as to wtf I was actually watching! While I liked the whole friends for life similar to that of the Loser's from Stephen King's IT (who also came from the same town of Derry, Maine), I found most of the other characters to be, well, irritating! When it comes to the "plot", I think that must have been lost in translation! The second half of the film was very predictable right to the end! I am usually a huge fan of adaptations of King's books, but this was pretty bad as a whole.

• Sep 14, 2020

Boy howdy! The strength of the drugs Stephen King must've been on to churn this mess out, is probably enough to kill an elephant. I mean... yikes! What's even more baffling is how did a professional cast and crew think this was a good idea to make? Was this movie just made for tax benefits or something?

• Jun 30, 2020

A mid level Stephen King book makes an ok adaptation that is a bit too serious for its plot.

• May 11, 2020

The story was sooo bad. Good cast wasted

The story was sooo bad. Good cast wasted

• Apr 21, 2020

Es demasiado extraña y única pero eso no basta para salvar una película, aunque me pareció muy interesante ciertos aspectos de ella los cuales al final no supieron abordar, aun así me parece de mucha mas calidad que otro tipo de películas e intento arriesgarse, aunque lastimosamente no logro concentrar ningún tipo de genero pasando del horror a la comedia y a la acción.Es una película palomera pero que también deja mucha confusión aunque si la volvería a ver.

• Apr 09, 2020

Only movie I EVER walked out and demanded my money back!!! Wtf???

Only movie I EVER walked out and demanded my money back!!! Wtf???

• Mar 02, 2020

I love this movie, I cannot fathom it's dodgy reviews. Always a go-to watch for me. I love the character interaction, the twists and the solid acting. Make your own mind. It's a 10 /10 for me :)