Drillbit Taylor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drillbit Taylor Reviews

May 21, 2018
This movie is a fun movie with relatable characters and a great performance by Owen Wilson as a bodyguard homeless person who wants money. If you haven't seen this because of the rotten score they are liars. I highly suggest this movie.
½ March 8, 2018
I've rarely laughed this hard in the movie theater. Parts of it are not original, but it goes to the next level on some things, and those work best.
½ January 27, 2018
This film is under rated. On the surface it actually appears to be a piece of sh*t film but in reality it is genius. It is a film for pure entertainment, if your drunk in bed and want a film to watch this works, if you're having a smoke with the boys and wanna watch a film this works, if you've had a long day at work and just wanna chill, this works. It requires 0 brain power to watch but that is not always a bad thing
January 15, 2018
Very familiar storyline is somewhat saved by some dumb but funny jokes. I grew up with this movie and really enjoyed it. Not the greatest comedy in the world, but it is definitely entertaining.

3/5 stars
½ January 1, 2018
Skip it. Not funny. Terrible writing.
February 23, 2017
"Drillbit Taylor" is one of those old school comedies from/for my generation (by the way kids I am talking about the 80's) that you always remember with found memories where a simple but effective story is delivered with no pretentiousness or forcing of sentiment but instead it is given to you with care and attention with the aim of making you smile, entertaining you and to get you cheering-on the loveable loser hero as he comes through in the end.

It is by no means original however that is part of it's charm, it does not ask to much of you except that you enjoy your time, which I did thoroughly and I would go so far as to say it is one of the best performances by Owen Wilson to date. I always found Wilson very hit or miss always throwing himself at roles and hoping something will stick.

"Drillbit Taylor" is, in all the right ways, "Superbad" for the young teens of the 80's. It's funny, it's likeable, it made me smile, it made me laugh and it knows exactly what it is and who it is aimed at. Most defiantly recommended.
½ December 19, 2016
Okay comedy. Wilson seems to play variations on the same characters.
December 17, 2016
this movie is retarded and im a dweeb for liking it
October 1, 2016
A lot of heart with some funny lead kids. The bully really pissed me off (in a good way) by the end.
August 14, 2016
Top class. Owen Wilson is a good egg but the guy from Pineapple Express AND tropic thunder was different class. He was funny and majestic, get this guy a tennis racket? No get him a baseball bat because he's a home run.
August 11, 2016
Nerds hire a bodyguard in this one joke comedy.
May 15, 2016
I laughed out loud once. I smiled a few times. Other than that, I was generally creeped out by the movie and its awkward violent tone. It really didn't work. Far, far, far, far away from the hilarity of Superbad. And somebody shoot that third little high schooler who tagged along IN THE FACE. I fucking hate him.
½ March 1, 2016
It's among the worst movies I have ever seen.
February 23, 2016
Grade: B
Really Good
February 8, 2016
It has its handful of absurd laughs, but ultimately is a more annoying that funny Owen Wilson work.
½ January 18, 2016
Poor excuse for a movie. Nothing worse than 3 high school nerds that want to be hard men. The story doesn't make any sense, there was stupid lines that and scenes that made me cringe throughout the movie.
November 13, 2015
I'd rather have a drill bit to the forehead than watch one more minute of the crap.
October 8, 2015
Fun little mindless comedy. Nothing great but enjoyable enough to warrant a recommendation.
Grade B-
August 21, 2015
Quirky, funny and enjoyable. It may be generic, but Wilson gives it a certain comedic value, and it has a certain charm that not many teen-flick/bully-stories can deliver nowadays.