Eagle Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eagle Eye Reviews

November 4, 2017
What an awful movie. Shia LeBeouf in yet another lame role. And the story is just complete dogshit.
½ September 18, 2017
- FLIXSTER WHY CAN'T I JUST DELETE A REVIEW??!!!! - After a brief 20 minutes of story and setting establishment, young Jerry Shaw (LeBeouf) walks into his apartment, which has been filled with military weapons, technology and explosive fertilizer. A voice on his phone tells him he has 30 seconds to escape, and on schedule the FBI bursts into his apartment. "Eagle Eye" rarely lets up from this moment on. Lebeouf and Monaghan drive a movie which never fails to captivate with its exciting chases and action scenes. The acting, script and overall plot, while far from perfect (and the latter, heavily borrowed), work well enough and it's all so exciting you won't really notice anyways. It simultaneously brings up strong questions about civil liberties in the midst of homeland defense. In the end, Eagle Eye is just what it promises to be - a nonstop thrill ride and a very fun time at the movies. - FLIXSTER WHY CAN'T I JUST DELETE A REVIEW??!!!! -
June 9, 2017
Different plot. Looks cool. Just need a guardian to watch it.
Sigh...cuss words are NOT cool and/or ok. Just because stupid pointless words are inserted in a movie doesn't mean the movie is cool. Ppl don't see a movie for the panic or upset moments when the characters let their mouths run off!
½ May 31, 2017
Very standard and cliche "Big Brother is watching you" type movie that doesn't distinguish itself in any way.
½ May 5, 2017
Great direction, not so great plot, terrific Shia LaBeouf performance.
April 27, 2017
Rediculous storyline that was so stupid I could not get into it at all! Only watched it all to see what hair brained ending they came up with.
½ March 12, 2017
Plenty of action, but quite predictable.
½ January 21, 2017
Definitely worth watching. Action packed movie with thrills every single minute!
½ November 18, 2016
love this movie! great story, check it out :)
½ October 31, 2016
Tres bon film d'action nerveux et haletant. On ne s'ennuie pas un instant. Le blockbuster americain comme je les aime.
September 25, 2016
Brilliant movie. Not sure what's with the bad rating but certainly one of the most satisfying one.
½ September 6, 2016
All over the place and generic but does a few things right
September 5, 2016
Favorite Shia Labeouf movie! It's like Enemy of the State meets The Fugitive!
August 13, 2016
8/12/2016: A pretty decent movie. The cast was very good and it had a fast paced and interesting plot.
½ July 19, 2016
The Fugitive lite meets WarGames lite meets 2001 lite.... and that does not add up to a full meal.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Very entertaining and a good story even though it seems like allot of effort for something that could of been done easier but I suppose it wouldn't of been as entertaining, Good action intense chase scenes, The special effects looked good, The acting was on the mark, Ignore the hate watch it for yourself.
½ June 30, 2016
D.J. Caruso and Steven Spielberg join forces to create this heart-racing thriller. The whole time the film was playing, I was completely captivated I felt like I was watching my first horror movie. Eagle Eye plays out the whole plot as it could actually happen. I remember when I used to like this movie when I was younger, and I still do. Whenever one filmmaker, D.J. Caruso for example, teams up with producer ace Steven Spielberg, you get rapid heart rates, captivating performances from Michelle Monaghan and Shia LaBeouf, and paranoia within the United States, you get this masterpiece. If the current Secretary of Defense were to see this movie, he or she would not want to build a creation such as ARIIA.
½ June 26, 2016
090110: Found this movie a slow starter. The idea of computers taking over has been done many times and this one just doesn't stand out. Found it a little too unbelievable. The computer just wouldn't be able to account for all the variables it does in the film. Stretched my imagination just a little too far. Got into it for the last 45 minutes which was good.
½ June 23, 2016
Eine ganz normale junge Frau und ein ganz normaler junger Mann, bekommen plötzlich einen Telefonanruf, der ihr Leben regelrecht verändert. Die Stimme an der anderen Leitung, weiss immer wo sie sich befinden und hält immer eine Lösung parat, wenn sie nur ein kleines bisschen, von den Befehlen, abgleiten. So viel zum Thema Big Brother watching You!
Sicherlich wurden solche Geschichten schon in anderen Themen und Filmen angeschnitten. Ich finde aber, dieses Konzept, jetzt bei uns in der Neuzeit, wo alle verbunden mit Satelliten und mit dem Internet sind, finde ich es beängstigend und völlig realistisch.
Die Besetzung ist gut ausgewählt. Shia LaBeouf und Michelle Monaghan spielen die verfolgten Flüchtlinge, die ja eigentlich gar nichts verbrochen haben und nur ein normales Leben führen. Billy Bob Thornton und Rosario Dawson spielen die Gesetzeshüter, die nach und nach zugeben müssen, dass die ganze Sache gewaltig stinkt.
Sicherlich gibt es auch ein paar Logiklöcher über die man wegsehen muss. Aber im Ganzen gesehen, ist es rasanter Thriller, der die Helden oder Opfer des Systems, kaum Luft zum Atmen gibt und keine Pausen einlegen dürfen. Der Schluss kommt für die ganze Sache gesehen, viel zu schnell. Es ist alles ein bisschen zu einfach dargestellt.
Fazit: Reisserischer Big Brother Thriller mit bodenständiger Besetzung. Trotz der Logik und schwache Momente dieser Geschichte, realitätsnah umgesetzt!