Eagle Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eagle Eye Reviews

September 25, 2016
Brilliant movie. Not sure what's with the bad rating but certainly one of the most satisfying one.
½ September 6, 2016
All over the place and generic but does a few things right
September 5, 2016
Favorite Shia Labeouf movie! It's like Enemy of the State meets The Fugitive!
August 13, 2016
8/12/2016: A pretty decent movie. The cast was very good and it had a fast paced and interesting plot.
½ July 19, 2016
The Fugitive lite meets WarGames lite meets 2001 lite.... and that does not add up to a full meal.
½ July 6, 2016
Very entertaining and a good story even though it seems like allot of effort for something that could of been done easier but I suppose it wouldn't of been as entertaining, Good action intense chase scenes, The special effects looked good, The acting was on the mark, Ignore the hate watch it for yourself.
½ June 30, 2016
D.J. Caruso and Steven Spielberg join forces to create this heart-racing thriller. The whole time the film was playing, I was completely captivated I felt like I was watching my first horror movie. Eagle Eye plays out the whole plot as it could actually happen. I remember when I used to like this movie when I was younger, and I still do. Whenever one filmmaker, D.J. Caruso for example, teams up with producer ace Steven Spielberg, you get rapid heart rates, captivating performances from Michelle Monaghan and Shia LaBeouf, and paranoia within the United States, you get this masterpiece. If the current Secretary of Defense were to see this movie, he or she would not want to build a creation such as ARIIA.
½ June 26, 2016
090110: Found this movie a slow starter. The idea of computers taking over has been done many times and this one just doesn't stand out. Found it a little too unbelievable. The computer just wouldn't be able to account for all the variables it does in the film. Stretched my imagination just a little too far. Got into it for the last 45 minutes which was good.
½ June 23, 2016
Eine ganz normale junge Frau und ein ganz normaler junger Mann, bekommen plötzlich einen Telefonanruf, der ihr Leben regelrecht verändert. Die Stimme an der anderen Leitung, weiss immer wo sie sich befinden und hält immer eine Lösung parat, wenn sie nur ein kleines bisschen, von den Befehlen, abgleiten. So viel zum Thema Big Brother watching You!
Sicherlich wurden solche Geschichten schon in anderen Themen und Filmen angeschnitten. Ich finde aber, dieses Konzept, jetzt bei uns in der Neuzeit, wo alle verbunden mit Satelliten und mit dem Internet sind, finde ich es beängstigend und völlig realistisch.
Die Besetzung ist gut ausgewählt. Shia LaBeouf und Michelle Monaghan spielen die verfolgten Flüchtlinge, die ja eigentlich gar nichts verbrochen haben und nur ein normales Leben führen. Billy Bob Thornton und Rosario Dawson spielen die Gesetzeshüter, die nach und nach zugeben müssen, dass die ganze Sache gewaltig stinkt.
Sicherlich gibt es auch ein paar Logiklöcher über die man wegsehen muss. Aber im Ganzen gesehen, ist es rasanter Thriller, der die Helden oder Opfer des Systems, kaum Luft zum Atmen gibt und keine Pausen einlegen dürfen. Der Schluss kommt für die ganze Sache gesehen, viel zu schnell. Es ist alles ein bisschen zu einfach dargestellt.
Fazit: Reisserischer Big Brother Thriller mit bodenständiger Besetzung. Trotz der Logik und schwache Momente dieser Geschichte, realitätsnah umgesetzt!
May 27, 2016
Just ridiculous. I am easily entertained but this movie is so unbelievable that i can't get into it. Watching now. I can't wait for the twist ridiculous ending.
May 17, 2016
Quite ok action thriller. Starting the military drone found a terrorist suspected to be the target but data analysis prove not suitable to attack. The president give the go ahead and Defense Sec Michael Chiklis although not in favor has to comply. Shia LaBeouf twin brother is dead and they haven't been in contact for 3 years. Michelle Monaghan is a single mother whose son is going away for a music performance. Right after Shia attended the funeral, his bank receive $750k and he gets a bunch of weird parcels, all of weapons and national secrets. His phone rang and a woman tell him FBI is coming. Billy Bob Thornton question him like a terrorist. Rosario Dawson is investigator from Air Force to question Shia. A crane crash his holding room and he escape and obey the woman command. Michelle is also been commanded as her son is hostage. Both met up and have to complete tasks, including robbing a mystery timer briefcase. The police chase them but is thwarted along the way and duo escape. Rosario go back to investigate and is invited to join in Michael team. They have a secret computer ARIA to detect terrorist and crisis. Anthony Mackie is also on the team to investigate. While looking thru the CCTV, they see Shia twin bro leaving post 3 minutes earlier and using his phone to make morse code. They find his memory card in the fire extinguisher and after seeing the video they know what happen. Meanwhile Billy manage to track the duo to the airport and chase them but they escape with the help of the mystery woman controlling everything electronic. The duo board a military plane and arrive at Pentagon. Rosario and Anthony brief Michael that ARIA has execute a fail-safe ops to kill all the important leaders in USA when the mission to strike the terrorist at the beginning turns out to be wrong. Going by the constitution the people has the right to fight back and bring down corrupt government and that is what ARIA lives by. Shia twin knows it and lock it down. Therefore it is luring Shia civilian to unlock itself. Michael is trap in the holding room. Rosario and Anthony try to remove the hard drives to slow it down. Shia and Michelle enter the ARIA centre and Shia unlock cos their voice are same. Michelle can't bear to kill him on ARIA command and he is caught. Michelle is whisk by another official to do next task. Rosario warn Billy and he take Shia out of cell. ARIA activate a drone to kill them. Billy sacrifice by crashing a car to stop the drone. Michelle arrive in the conference room to hear the President speech. Her son's troupe are invited to perform for him. His trumpet has been planted a trigger which will use the frequency to blow up a crystal necklace worn by Michelle. This latest weapon was stolen by ARIA for this mission. The note is about to reach and Shia create chaos by shooting gun up the ceiling and he is shot down by guards. Michael acknowledge this failure and says intel collection is still important but must be handle carefully in order not to sacrifice heroes (Billy and Shia twin)
May 7, 2016
Saw it again after 7 years and I must say that this thriller still holds up. Although it has flaws like the lack of character development, it's still a very entertaining movie to watch. The story is smart, yes it borrows heavily from other movies, but it can do that because it has a voice of its own. The pace is perfect, action rock solid and performances by LaBeouf, Monaghan and Billy Bob Thornton all outstanding. Underrated, if you ask me.
May 4, 2016
edge of the seat movie
April 27, 2016
I love it! Shia's performance was brilliant!!
½ April 17, 2016
another president of usa saved...so many collaterals...urggg, what a boring subject again...brainwash....
½ March 30, 2016
I found it to be entertaining and fun to watch. There were some pretty unrealistic elements but it was still enjoyable. I recommend it to some.
March 29, 2016
You can stay for the action sequences.
March 19, 2016
interesting concept , good action, weak ending
March 5, 2016
Preposterous, portentious, what a waste !
½ February 21, 2016
Preposterous but a fun ride that is thrilling enough for its purpose. It's an enjoyable movie that isn't meant to be taken seriously.