Early Man Reviews

• 4h ago

Early Man is severely lacking in a gripping plot and advanced characterisation.

Early Man is severely lacking in a gripping plot and advanced characterisation.

• Mar 22, 2021

its not the best aardman has ever made, but the movie is good, is charming, i liked it

• Mar 18, 2021

Although Aardman never leaves anything to be desired when it comes to animation, the story of Early Man seems more like a jumble of cliches from other films and often seems uninspired.

• Dec 31, 2020

So funny, sweet and with all the idiosyncratic charm you ecpect from Aardman. Loved it

• Oct 07, 2020

Its story and characters aren't as compelling as Aardman's previous efforts, the mix of soccer and a prehistoric setting don't stick the landing, and some of its jokes are lazy and formulaic, but it retains its unique visual style and light-hearted tone, which is enough to make animation enthusiasts satisfied.

• Oct 03, 2020

It's a lazy Saturday afternoon and you have nothing to do. "I know,"you exclaim, "I'll watch Early Man." A half hour of claymation boredom later, it's a lazy Saturday afternoon and you have nothing to do.

• Aug 24, 2020

It's not bad, it's just ok.

It's not bad, it's just ok.

• Jul 26, 2020

Passes the time without being dull

Passes the time without being dull

• Jul 14, 2020

This is a laugh-out-loud movie that a whole family would definitely enjoy. This is everything good about Aardman's movies and I definitely recommend it.

• Jun 22, 2020

Early Man is another enjoyable entry into the Aardman catalogue, and, whilst not being some of their best work, is still hilarious and entertaining. The voice cast is great and they bring plenty of charisma and energy into the already energetic film from it's unique stop-frame animation style. The villain is exactly what I want from an Aardman film which is a wacky antagonist which provides conflict but isn't taken too seriously by the filmmakers, and he is voiced incredibly by Tom Hiddleston. However, they focus too much on the football aspect which for people who aren't huge fans of the game (me included) makes the film less watchable and enjoyable.