The Edge of Love Reviews

• Oct 06, 2017

Oh, my god, what is this film? Is it social drama? Is it a war drama? Is it a romantic drama or biographical film? What is it?? The film tries to cover so many different themes, it begins to confuse itself soon enough. It has a strong beginning, but half-way through it becomes overly sentimental and Keira Knightley turns to her usual acting of pining and pouty lips. Sheeh. I thought I was going to see a Dylan Thomas focused film, but all I got is barely audible/recognisable Welsh accents and naive storytelling.

• Jul 05, 2016

makes a point ... does this subtly ... the way it's filmed and directed is marvellous ... requires patience so not really for those exclusively rambo.

• Mar 29, 2015

Well I see the North American audience and the critics did not like this film. I'm not sure what people were expecting. I enjoyed it. Everyone smoked like chimneys in that era...what a different world we live in now!

• Nov 22, 2013

Beautiful at times with some good performances and nice ideas but the key relationships and events in this movie never fully feel explained or believable: I am a bit fan of 'show' not 'tell' but at times I feel like neither are really happening and things just occur before your eyes that don't mean anything. At the end of the film I felt I had enjoyed the experience yet I also felt fairly empty.

• Jul 31, 2013

With a narrative that lacks focus and awkwardly misplaced dialogue, this romance rivalry flick tends to become frustrating, despite its devoted performances.

• Apr 27, 2013

Some parts of this movie were good others a bit patchy

Some parts of this movie were good others a bit patchy

• Mar 29, 2013

A serious drama that will leave many struggling to take anyone involved with it too seriously. It had the potential to be a very interesting film but actually ends up being a dull affair that I'm already starting to forget only an hour or so after watching it. How did it actually end again?

• Jan 22, 2013

Almost overwhelmingly depressing film sorely lacking in actual love or romance. Messed up people with messed up lives. However, it is a "classy" picture as I called it before seeing and there's some great cinematography work, but the heart and soul of the film just isn't powerful enough. And Cillian Murphy just isn't in it enough! ;D Before Seeing: The movie that nearly crippled "Brothers & Sisters"! Thanks a lot, Miller!!! >:(

• Jan 21, 2013

I thought the story was kind of weird. However, the actors' performances were great. Keira Knightley, Sienna Miller and Cillian Murphy all had emotional performances.

• Jan 21, 2013

the powerful performances of knightly and miller were at their best but that dont mean that the movie was interesting