Eight Below - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eight Below Reviews

April 30, 2016
se me hace buenisima porque los actores actuan re bien y ademas porque me gustan los perros.
April 29, 2016
I was very skeptical upon watching 8 Below. Don't get me wrong, Disney, Paul Walker, and Siberian Huskies in the same picture? Sounds perfect, but I kept thinking of the Air Bud sequels and just how gut-wrenchingly terrible they were. The story is set in Antarctica with Jerry Shepard (Paul Walker), a guide who's asked by a scientist to lead what was originally going to be a safe expedition but turns treacherous as only him and his sled dogs can traverse the terrain. Due to complications, the entire crew is forced to evacuate due to weather conditions leaving the sled dogs to fight for their lives in the Antarctic tundra as Shepard attempts to fight through obstacles to make his way back to his sled team.

The acting in this film was filled with all around great performances with Paul Walker, once again proving why he's one of the best in the business. There are 2 types of successful actors: those who are great at taking on roles of other people to perfection and those that play the roles of themselves as their character is already perfect for the roles. This is the same Paul Walker that made the Fast and the Furious series so genuine and unique! Paul's a fun, family oriented, love what he does kind of guy that is quick on his feet and if you loved any of Walker's acting roles, you'll love this as well. The supporting cast does a great job of bringing everything together. Bruce Greenwood plays a very convincingly headstrong scientist while Mood Bloodgood played her role as a helicopter pilot, ex fling with a still secret soft spot for her ex, Paul Walker. Jason Biggs character can be a little over the top at times but is good for some comic relief. It is still so hard to not be reminded of American Pie every time I see Biggs. The most important actors of the movie which has gone unmentioned until now, however are the dogs.

The shining force that sets this film apart is Paul Walker and his sled team. Scenes where the only dialogue are the surroundings, actions and communication the dogs make communicate more than words. Coming from an owner of 3 beautiful huskies, the depiction of the character, personality, and selflessness of the pups are spot on. Paul Walker acts out his role to perfection as his love for these dogs is as genuine as possible and makes me wish I was home holding my own pups close! If you're a dog lover in general, this movie is a must see!
½ March 7, 2016
3/7/2016: A really good nice movie and possibly one of Walkers best!
February 21, 2016
It's a slow moving movie with a good heart. I enjoyed it but I also was somewhat bored by it.
February 15, 2016
This is a true story I was not a fan of the movie. But I did like where it took place and I like the dogs I thought they looked nice. So it was just a ok movie I think.
But see what you think!!
½ February 6, 2016
Some scary parts for the kids, but otherwise a nice story with a good moral for the kids.
January 27, 2016
I LOVED this movie!!! Not only does it star the amazing Paul Walker but the storyline is soooooo good and it's based on a true story. Definitely recommend watching this movie!
January 10, 2016
Excellent movie, I love movies with animals, very heartwarming, how dogs of a sled team survive for months out in the Antarctic.
November 13, 2015
the dogs made this movie and that is saying something as i am not a dog lover myself, but i watched this with my young daughter who is! The acting however was very wooden and disappointing which holds back what could have been a great movie.
½ October 9, 2015
Surprisingly emotional and enthralling. B
½ October 6, 2015
What could have been a sappy man and dog movie rescued by a fantastic cast of huskies and amazing cinematography. Someone remind me not to watch movies in which dogs die again please :(.
September 17, 2015
The dogs are the stars here and the rooting interest in this heartwarming feel good film.
½ September 6, 2015
An underatted Disney film that doesn't get much recognition.
July 28, 2015
Gives you a sense of wonder at the beauty, danger and force that is Antarctica, and the people and dogs who must survive in that habitat.
June 15, 2015
Amazing story about survival in Antartica!
½ June 9, 2015
I freakin hate this movie. I dont wanna watch cute dogs die one by one. and their stupid owners not give a crap about leaving them up there. hate this movie and save yourself people dont watch
May 26, 2015
Another masterpiece besides the FF franchise staring Paul Walker.
May 20, 2015
The dogs stole the show. A good family movie.
April 27, 2015
Eight Below is heartwarming tale of friendship, courage, and survival, of never letting go of all that's most precious in life, namely love and life itself. It's a movie of danger and heroism and of bonds that neither time, distance, nor hardships can break. A family Adventure in the classic Disney spirit, Eight Below is a film suitable for the whole family, even if it does delve into some slightly complex themes that the youngest of viewers may find difficult to grasp. Still, the picture's many positive elements, uplifting messages, fine photography, and first-rate characters both man and animal alike make this one a winner.