Eight Below - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eight Below Reviews

October 4, 2017
You know this movie is so cool with the graphics I mean it looks so real and pretty. So this movie was based on a true story you may like it mush mush as they say to the dogs to get them to run, I thought it was a ok movie
July 10, 2017
Eight below is a true story and I thought it was not that great of a movie hay I just found this movie to be slow with not enough action But I did like the scenery and the dogs were cool.
½ June 1, 2017
Somehow, these eight dogs capture your heart a lot more than most human actors manage to do in their films.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 30, 2016
it's one of the best ones I've seen in my life
November 24, 2016
We started watching animal flicks for our new set of 2 large dogs, one of whom really gets into it. We were all upset during this one, and it was very difficult to watch in spots. Enjoyed the dogs, and great to know Paul Walker was a dog person, read up on him after watching the movie. Our dogs loved the film also, if you can count their barking and whining for the entire 2 hours. My spouse didn't stick around, she was too upset to watch anymore, so not a light movie.
November 17, 2016
I love it.. It's heartwarming
½ October 1, 2016
Well Directed fun and of course snow one thing I love a group of Husky's (8) tht help with transporting supply's in Antartica are left behind for 175 days do to weather and lack of airline space together the group work together to survive the cold keep feed and get the hell out of there my favorite of the 8 would be Max and second Maya the grey white one only girl too and the Lead
September 15, 2016
Maybe sad like Disney's "Old Yeller," but with a triumph ending. I can't bare to watch the dogs' misadventures when they're alone, it's just truly sad and hard to watch. (C)
April 30, 2016
se me hace buenisima porque los actores actuan re bien y ademas porque me gustan los perros.
April 29, 2016
I was very skeptical upon watching 8 Below. Don't get me wrong, Disney, Paul Walker, and Siberian Huskies in the same picture? Sounds perfect, but I kept thinking of the Air Bud sequels and just how gut-wrenchingly terrible they were. The story is set in Antarctica with Jerry Shepard (Paul Walker), a guide who's asked by a scientist to lead what was originally going to be a safe expedition but turns treacherous as only him and his sled dogs can traverse the terrain. Due to complications, the entire crew is forced to evacuate due to weather conditions leaving the sled dogs to fight for their lives in the Antarctic tundra as Shepard attempts to fight through obstacles to make his way back to his sled team.

The acting in this film was filled with all around great performances with Paul Walker, once again proving why he's one of the best in the business. There are 2 types of successful actors: those who are great at taking on roles of other people to perfection and those that play the roles of themselves as their character is already perfect for the roles. This is the same Paul Walker that made the Fast and the Furious series so genuine and unique! Paul's a fun, family oriented, love what he does kind of guy that is quick on his feet and if you loved any of Walker's acting roles, you'll love this as well. The supporting cast does a great job of bringing everything together. Bruce Greenwood plays a very convincingly headstrong scientist while Mood Bloodgood played her role as a helicopter pilot, ex fling with a still secret soft spot for her ex, Paul Walker. Jason Biggs character can be a little over the top at times but is good for some comic relief. It is still so hard to not be reminded of American Pie every time I see Biggs. The most important actors of the movie which has gone unmentioned until now, however are the dogs.

The shining force that sets this film apart is Paul Walker and his sled team. Scenes where the only dialogue are the surroundings, actions and communication the dogs make communicate more than words. Coming from an owner of 3 beautiful huskies, the depiction of the character, personality, and selflessness of the pups are spot on. Paul Walker acts out his role to perfection as his love for these dogs is as genuine as possible and makes me wish I was home holding my own pups close! If you're a dog lover in general, this movie is a must see!
½ March 7, 2016
3/7/2016: A really good nice movie and possibly one of Walkers best!
February 21, 2016
It's a slow moving movie with a good heart. I enjoyed it but I also was somewhat bored by it.
February 15, 2016
This is a true story I was not a fan of the movie. But I did like where it took place and I like the dogs I thought they looked nice. So it was just a ok movie I think.
But see what you think!!
½ February 6, 2016
Some scary parts for the kids, but otherwise a nice story with a good moral for the kids.
January 27, 2016
I LOVED this movie!!! Not only does it star the amazing Paul Walker but the storyline is soooooo good and it's based on a true story. Definitely recommend watching this movie!
January 10, 2016
Excellent movie, I love movies with animals, very heartwarming, how dogs of a sled team survive for months out in the Antarctic.
November 13, 2015
the dogs made this movie and that is saying something as i am not a dog lover myself, but i watched this with my young daughter who is! The acting however was very wooden and disappointing which holds back what could have been a great movie.
½ October 9, 2015