Elf Reviews

• Sep 07, 2019

nothing funny about this movie.

nothing funny about this movie.

• Aug 14, 2019

Great Christmas movie. Probably Ferrell's best film.

Great Christmas movie. Probably Ferrell's best film.

• Aug 11, 2019

adults unfortunately wont find too much in this movie but thats not who its targeting, and as a family film it succeeds in every category. it has good characters, hilarious jokes and as always, will Ferrell is giving it all with his funny over the top performance. its not hard to see why this movie has become a staple of Christmas.

• Aug 10, 2019

Another film by Jon Favreau off the list. I do plan on watching all of his films which may of course take a little while. This is one film that I've had at the back of my mind to watch for quite a lot of time now. I really liked Will Ferrell when I was a kid, and I still do, I did like him a lot in this film as well. He plays his character really well in over exaggerating with the fact that he is an elf to everyone. I do think that this is a really good Christmas movie to watch in the season. I don't know how much I would really watch this film, surely more than The Grinch (which plays on TV literally every Christmas.) This film is of course aimed more towards kids, but I do know a lot of adults that really enjoy this film as well, but me, I didn't really love it as much as a lot of other people do. Sure that could change during some rewatches, but for now, sticking at 4*.

• Jul 25, 2019

Its a funny holiday film that can be watched and enjoyed by all.

Its a funny holiday film that can be watched and enjoyed by all.

• Jul 23, 2019

Holly Jolly and a career defining performance from Will Ferrell, Jon Favreau's film is a modern Christmas classic that features some great performances and tons of Christmas cheer.

• Jun 09, 2019

Everybody loves it, but for many reasons, I find ELF cheap, disposable, awkward and not worthy. Will Ferrell performance was cheap and this movie follows the same blueprint and Cleché as all the family comedies do.

• Apr 27, 2019

A great Christmas film!

A great Christmas film!

• Mar 04, 2019

Buddy claims that he got a full 40 minutes of sleep, when Buddy tells his dad that he loves him, and Walter just says ï¿ 1/2okï¿ 1/2?, and when Buddy lights up every single button in the Empire State Building elevator and claims that ï¿ 1/2It looks just like a Christmas Tree!ï¿ 1/2? Now, the icing on the cake that ensures Elf as the greatest christmas movie of all time is the wonderful atmosphere presented in the film. This wonderful atmosphere can be traced back to Jon Favreau, who is the director of the film. He was quoted with saying ï¿ 1/2if I made the world that [Buddy] was from as though he grew up as an elf in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, one of those Rankin/Bass Christmas specials I grew up with, then everything fell into place tonallyï¿ 1/2? (Susman). Jon is one hundred percent right. By making the North Pole setting feel exactly like those old stop motion christmas specials, it creates a innocent tone. Also, by creating a bustling and mundane New York City environment, the perfect dichotomy of fantasy and reality. In the wide landscape of Christmas movies, there are a lot of gems. However, all of them pale in comparison to Elf. Elf deserves to be called the best Christmas movie of all time because of its compelling characters, witty humor, and amazing atmosphere. Elf is one of those films that have stood the test of time. It will continue to be enjoyed for generations to come.

• Mar 01, 2019

A charming holiday classic.

A charming holiday classic.