Ella Enchanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ella Enchanted Reviews

November 12, 2017
REALLY BAD. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BOOK!
November 7, 2017
Ella Enchanted
Ella Enchanted is a fun fantasy film packed full of romance, magic, singing, comedy, and adventure. The director is Tommy O'Haver and the release date was thirteen years ago in 2004. Anne Hathaway plays the role of a girl named Ella and Hugh Dancy plays the role of Prince Charmont. This movie in general is just a pleasure to watch. You enjoy it the whole way through.
When Ella was a baby a fairy god mother visited her, and she received the gift of obedience. With this gift she had to do everything she was told. This gift ends up being a curse more than a gift, and Ella must live with it knowing she has no other choice. The only ones who know anything of the gift are the house fairy, her mother, and her. Eventually, her mother dies, and she is living with her step mother and two step sisters. She eventually breaks out on an adventure to find her fairy god mother so she can take the awful gift back. While she is on her adventure, she is accompanied by Prince Charmont.
Ella Enchanted seems to always keep you wanting more. I loved the movie. Hathaway makes the movie how it is with her "gift". As she is going through her daily activities her step sisters have her do things and she always shows the emotion in her face and she never has to say what she is thinking. It kept my attention through the whole thing. When I had gone through it the first time I wanted to go through again. The characters keep you entertained and the songs are catchy. "Don't Go Breaking my Heart is one of the songs that happen in the movie that I always catch myself singing. Also, the more the movie went on the more I found the comedy. The movie kind of reminds me of Shrek. It has that fairy tale twist attached that seems to find a way to sneak into a lot of movies.
Hathaway did a great job pursuing the character of Ella, she showed the emotion and suspense that the character felt. As she is on her adventure to find her fairy godmother you were always wondering what would happened to her next. As for the costumes they matched the characters perfect and the scenes don't look cartoony like you would expect a fantasy movie to be. The costume designer is Ruth Myers, who is a two-time Academy Award Nominee. The song "Somebody to Love" was one of the songs they picked to go with this movie and it match perfectly with the scene and the time it happened especially with her fighting with her gift she received. The story and events that happened were attention getting. They kept you on your toes and wanting more.
I would recommend this movie to anyone. It has a little bit of everything: singing, magic, romance, humor, and fighting. I have watched this movie since I was young and never get tired of it. I would always go to my friend's house and we would play this movie at least twice before I went home the next day. Hathaway is a great actor for the part of Ella; she plays her very well. The movie is also very fun and appropriate for younger viewers. It is a good movie for a family movie night.
½ September 25, 2017
Had the script writers stuck closer the its source material it would have been a great film. I tried liking this movie, and I'll admit there were some enjoyable elements about it, but it was bad, just bad.
½ June 6, 2017
fun comedy musical with good cover songs cute story
April 12, 2017
This is the perfect mix of romance and adventure. Love it!!!!!
March 25, 2017
Definitely a little corny but it was cute and had a cute storyline.
March 18, 2017
Was a little boring .
November 12, 2016
I love this movie and maybe just because of the nostalgia factor but I cannot get over the classic princess/prince fairytale aspect of it all.
½ August 20, 2016
I cannot count how many times I saw this playing on the Disney Channel when I was little, and I have good memories with this film. It's fun and has some fun adventure and a good performance from Anne Hathaway.
½ August 4, 2016
One of the worst movies I have ever been duped into watching in the theater.
½ July 2, 2016
Living up to the classical book this book-to-big-screen adaptation is funny for more than just kids its also has stunning camera work and special effects and magical setting and wonderful music and gives a product given in the form of a disney classic
½ June 7, 2016
Fun, witty, entertaining, but it does overwhelm itself with silly "gimickry."
June 7, 2016
I mean it's a twisted fairy tale but just I didn't like it
May 22, 2016
Sweet tale that will have you laughing with a fear tears.
April 3, 2016
It's an okay movie that finally found a cure for the girl/woman
February 2, 2016
This was decent. A bit cheesy, but it was ok.
½ November 29, 2015
Great adaption of a different take on the Cinderella story. Hathaway gives an endearing performance. Type of film that stands up to multiple viewings.
November 14, 2015
What did I just watch...
November 5, 2015
I DONT KNOW WHAT YALL ARE TALKING ABOUT. THIS MOVIE IS A CLASSIC. PRETENTIOUS FUCKS.
September 26, 2015
Good movie with excellent performances by the charismatic Anne Hathaway that make this film better than it should be. With charming characters, great musical performances and original story, Ella Enchanted its a creative story that Sci-fi and fantasy lovers will enjoy.