Emma. Reviews

• Oct 09, 2020

Nice adaptation, color pallet is amazing, same to the actors game. The romantic film without vulgarity is such a treasure now. Love it and highly recommend everyone to see.

• Oct 09, 2020

This is a solid, lively and entertaining adaptation of the Jane Austen classic, maybe not the best, but it has great performances and excellent period detail.

• Sep 20, 2020

Excellent use of visuals, alongside great composition of scenes and soundtrack.

Excellent use of visuals, alongside great composition of scenes and soundtrack.

• Sep 18, 2020

It is OK, the wibe is good, music and image is nice, very atmospheric, you can read a book and listen to it, but the plot and overall it is so boring, I usually like such phase but here it is not satisfying, feels more as a waist.

• Sep 14, 2020

A fun twist on an old classic. Best adaptation of Emma since "Clueless"!

A fun twist on an old classic. Best adaptation of Emma since "Clueless"!

• Sep 13, 2020

The sets, costumes and directing are next level. And the comedic timing both in performance and editing are *chef's kiss*. Stays true to the novel whilst poking fun of it just enough. Absolutely perfect cast.

• Sep 03, 2020

Ok mediocre stupid British movie but I'm not trying to say that in a mean way. Just it's funny how British people talk and you could say that about how everybody talks including me. But it's funny how they say things and it makes the movie a little better by making me laugh. The story is very bland and this movie at some parts is emotional for the movie but hilarious for me. I'm not trying to knock off the movie but if you're bored and you want to see a new movie on VOD I have to recommend this movie but only on the conditions that you're watching this with a friend or a loved one. Because by yourself it'll be boring.

• Aug 18, 2020

Una historia muy bien contada y muy hermosa de ver, sus personajes logran captar la atención y sus diálogos los elevan aun mas y su personaje principal es extremadamente encantador.

• Aug 14, 2020

That high society. Set in England in the 1800s, this is about a young woman named Emma (Anya Taylor Joy). She means well, but she finds herself constantly getting involved in the love life of all the friends that surround her. This is her story. Look, I'm going to be frank with you: these movies aren't really my thing. There is something about period pieces of this ilk that turns dialogue processed in my brain into the voice of Charlie Brown's teachers. I always make a point of saying that I will give anything a shot, and this was received well by critics, so I figured why not. Well, to keep on the subject of Charlie Brown, Lucy just pulled football and it is the same old story again for me. This is based on a Jane Austen novel, and while I can't speak to her books, I can say that I don't really care for her film adaptations, and yes, I am including Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I think that this movie really helped me pinpoint why I don't care for movies based on her work. I know I'm probably a lost cause for most period piece movies, but so much of this story is just people talking about other people. It is constant gossip, and I feel like it brings any progression of the plot down to a snail's pace because we have to keep stopping everything to have these tedious conversations. If it isn't gossip, then it is talking about marriage, because that is clearly the only thing worth doing in the 1800s. It is stuffy, hoity-toity, and fickle. I don't fault the actors in this, as they're just doing as they're directed. I do want to see Taylor-Joy in more projects despite not liking this movie. The only person I really ended up connecting with here is Bill Nighy as Emma's father. I'm always excited whenever he shows up in any movie, and he does manage to get the biggest laughs in this. My only problem with him is that he is not in this movie enough. If you're a fan of movies like this, I have no beef with you. All the set design and costume design are all quality, and hey, sometimes that is all you need to get by with your movie. It did not work for me, and I even made it past the flutes and plucky violins before I checked out. To me, Emma is a whole lot of yapping and I was unable to get on board with it at any point.

• Aug 13, 2020

The production design is obviously top-notch, but something seems missing in the narrative apparently.