Enchanted Reviews

• 2d ago

‘This Disney movie is too Disney-like'....bruh are you for real? "This Disney satire follows the fairy-tale formula a little too closely" was published on November 20, 2007 by Todd Gilchrist reviewing Enchanted and concludes that this movie is too Disney-like. Enchanted is an animated and live action which has a magnificent mix of comedy, romance, music and a fresh fragrance of fantasy. The plot follows this animation princess who is pushed into a magic well that lands her in New York Times Square. She then meets a family in New York and spends time with them, which brings out a lot of crucial concepts of the movie. The story then goes on exploring the differences between fantasy and reality and how they contribute into our daily lives. I came across Gilchrist's review of Enchanted and was quite surprised at how one-sided and shallow his review is of this movie. His first reason to dis-like this movie was because it's climax wasn't as unexpected as that of the movie The Mist. The same release time means they have to have a similar ending right? Wrong! Because they aren't the same genre. He also says that the movie is so focused on a happy ending that it didn't capture anything else. Well it's fantasy! If not for happy endings, what's the point?. He then says that there are too many heroisms in the movie. Well sir what did you expect? It's a Disney movie! Of course there are these Fairy-tale concepts. Gilchrist's review is mostly focused on accusing Enchanted of being too Disney-like, when the movie itself is a Disney movie. Enchanted is actually a very refreshing feast for audiences of all ages. A movie filled many delights and a few poison apples to keep us on our toes and with some good popcorn.

• Feb 10, 2020

Truly hilarious and memorable.

Truly hilarious and memorable.

• Jan 07, 2020

Soooo magical!! One of my favorite movies in the whole wide world. 'Enchanted' always fills my heart with much love and joy. Giselle is an example of how we should all treat each other <3

• Dec 28, 2019

favola dello stanpo delle classiche completamente rivoluzionata dal cambio di location della stessa, dal solito mondo incantato alla grande città del presente, dove una ignara e disorientata pricipessa vive avventure molto spesso ridicole e senza senso. La trama è molto classica ma innovativa allo stesso tempo dove alla fine tutti hanno il loro lieto fine

• Dec 24, 2019

Funny film loved it.

Funny film loved it.

• Aug 31, 2019

We need a sequel and we need it now.

We need a sequel and we need it now.

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Aug 25, 2019

Honestly I can't really tell if this is wholesome or not? And I can't get into why without spoilers, but I just... A lot of weird decisions went into making Enchanted... Still a good time. Has that young & old appeal thing working for it.

• Aug 23, 2019

When you realize that the princess took the place of Roberts soon to be wife, who was ignored through out the movie. In the end we learn that Robert, is not in love with his partner and instead in love with a sexy woman who fell out of a sewer.

• Aug 01, 2019

I love this movie so much its absolutely delightful from beginning to end. Amy Adams is enchanting in the main role giving a flawless and believable acting performance. Patrick Dempsey is wonderful as Robert and this is his best movie ever. James Marsden is delightful as prince Edward bringing many laughs along the way. the other actors are great as well. the romance between Giselle and Robert is just beautiful and there chemistry is amazing. the movie is funny, romantic, and utterly delightful. its a must watch movie and one of my favourites of all time.

• Jul 15, 2019

A highly enjoyable and entertaining film! A creative take on the classic mixed with a modern twist. It was funny and has a romantic touch without being overly cheesy or cliche. Highly recommend.