Encino Man Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

Review: ‘Encino Man' is a comedy film directed by Les Mayfield. This movie may be a dumb comedy, but I also think that it's one of the most underrated comedy films of all time. It's a smart and easy storyline and it gets pulled off perfectly by its lead actors. It's not a perfect movie by any means, but it's one of those comedies you can watch multiple times and still enjoy the 10th time through. The plot revolves around two geeky teenagers from Encino, Los Angeles, California – played by played by Sean Astin and Pauly Shore – who discover a caveman in Morgan's backyard frozen in a block of ice – played by Brendan Fraser. Astin, Shore and Fraser are great in this movie. It almost feels like three friends got together to make a movie, but in a good way. I have never been a big fan of Pauly Shore, I like a couple of his movies but this one stands out to me the most. I like the hippie vibe he creates in this movie and everything that comes out of his mouth is hilarious. I like Brendan Fraser in everything I have seen him in, and Sean Astin seems to always play the same character in movies, the dork. A lot of things that happen don't seem realistic, even the world that this film is coming from, and I could have done without the whole romance between Sean Astin and Megan Ward's characters. I like that throughout this movie Brendan Fraser only learns to say a few words. It makes sense being the fact that he is a caveman, and the movie only takes place over a couple days. He adapts to his surroundings a little too quickly, but this movie being what it is I am fine with that. Overall, it's goofy, it's at times stupid, but it's all around funny! Just one of those little movies that if you will allow yourself to put reality on hold for 90 minutes, it can and will charm the socks off you. 3.5/5

• Aug 11, 2019

Saw it in high school when it came out. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Saw it in high school when it came out. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

• Jun 01, 2019

This movie is pretty based. The Vince Neil song makes it all on its own. Prime Brendan Fraser as well.

• Feb 19, 2019

Original, simple and what movies should be.

Original, simple and what movies should be.

• Jan 24, 2019

If you really really really like Beavis and Butthead, then Encino Man is your kind of movie. This is dumb with a couple slightly funny moments and not too be taken seriously at all.

• Oct 12, 2018

Fun and stupid and pauly shore can get annoying real fast but its still a fun movie to watch

• Jun 06, 2018

Brenden Fraser is so lovable. Not just in this movie but everywhere. I'm calling it right now, he is about to make a comeback in a big way. I never tire of going back to the MTV movie that started his career. This movie is still funny. This is not a Pauly Shore movie, he's just in it. And truth be told, I liked his movies.

• Apr 20, 2018

This was a good movie. Growing up in the 90's I found enjoying the silly comedies that pauly shore portrayed. Others might not like it and that's your opinion but I'm sure that some of these critics tell me one of their favorite movies I would probably say I dont like it. I see the point of critics. If you dont like the movie then don't like the movie I don't care why you don't. I say if you like a movie or want to see a movie then go see, and if you don't want to then dont. I'm not going to just not see a movie just because a critic doesn't like it. It's like saying if you don't like a certain critic then share with us and we won't read their post, and if you like them then we will read it. Critics keep your opinions to yourselves a lot people dont really care what you have to say

• Mar 05, 2018

Encino Man is a special kind of bad that I didn't even know existed. Everything is so awful that to list all of the things wrong with this movie would be almost as big a waste of time as the movie itself.

• Mar 05, 2018