Enough Said - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enough Said Reviews

September 28, 2016
Loved the script. Ensemble acting was great. Gandolfini and Louis-Dreyfus take the spotlight
½ September 1, 2016
For Mature Audiences, it's something adults will enjoy more of than kids and teens. But the movie was just alright.
August 27, 2016
I saw this movie recently and was reminded of just how good it is. I wish Nicole Holofcener would make movies more frequently -- I have enjoyed each of her 5 features and it frustrates me that she takes so long between projects! This movie doesn't have a false note in it -- she even manages to add 3 dimensions to characters in the background such as Toni Colette as Eva's friend and the mother of Eva's daughter best friend. It is funny, touching and the dialogue reminds me of how real people talk rather than the cliches we typically get fed in romantic comedies. If there is anything I could wish, it would just be that the filmmaker works more often!
½ August 26, 2016
Slow and awkward . The only saving grace is a dedicated and classy range of actors.
August 23, 2016
Incredible movie. From their introduction to the final frame, these two characters are engrossing and fun to watch, delivering some very poignant and hilarious dialogue that's from a strong script and supported by fantastic performances from its leads (sadly one of Gandolfhini's last), and with great supporting performances as well.
½ August 23, 2016
Didn't particularly hit me, but it was good. SPOILER: One thing I don't like is that we never got to see what happened with Chloe. Her mother dragged her away, but I wonder if they still saw each other after that or not.
½ July 5, 2016
Acting was not bad, interesting story, if a bit predicable.
All in all, not my taste, a bit boring film.
July 4, 2016
I like the 4 leads rip James gandolfini
½ May 31, 2016
I loved this movie, a pleasant surprise. Great performance from all the cast but especially James Gandolfini.
½ May 27, 2016
A bittersweet film of exceptional charm, warmth and maturity.
½ May 21, 2016
It breaks my heart to see so many pleasantly surprisingly good films in a row. Witty, funny and kind of heartbreaking, a little, but mostly just truly enjoyable with weird people and weirder habits. Really a feel good film with bright eyes and warm laughs!
½ May 20, 2016
For one of his last films I'd say he did ok.
May 19, 2016
A nice little film that lacked chemistry between its lead characters and was comprised almost exclusively of dysfunctional relationship-cliches. I could suspend plausibility in the interest of a good plot line but even that left me disconnected from Julia Louis-Dreyfus character. I did find the acting to be very good but as hard as I tried to like the movie it left me flat.
May 18, 2016
Enough Said finds writer-director Nicole Holofcener at her very best with a smart, funny and insightful script that highlights its tremendously talented cast - led by deft performances from Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini - and the result is as hilarious as it is touching.
½ April 8, 2016
The failed humour was awkward. The dialogue and situations were awkward. Some may say that the awkwardness is were the humour stems, but the characters were too unbelievable. Some of the scenes just sucked. For example the scene where the protagonists have clown sex is just unbelievably painful. The movie often repeats a certain formula.

Step 1:
Ex-wife of male lead complains about a habit of protagonist.

Step 2:
Male lead exhibits that habit.

Step 3:
Awkwardness ensues.

Step 4:
Repeat for 93 minutes.

The plot device of the daughters leaving to school (especially at the ending) is obviously a desperate ploy to the surprisingly large demographic of sentimentalist 40 some year old sentimentalists with kids in college or university. How pathetic. I can't even imagine how 96% of critics happen to be inane enough to give this a positive review. This movie made me sick enough said.
April 2, 2016
Like any other romantic comedy, the subtitle of this one could be "compromises". But the original message of Enough Said seems to be that someone's awful defaults can be harmless to someone else, or that bad sex can be good sex.
March 21, 2016
It was a cute movie, but very predicable.
March 2, 2016
Delightfully heart warming and with Julia Louise-Dreyfus and the late James Gandolfini delivering a charming chemistry on screen. The two deliver a funny delightful somewhat modern romantic comedy that also doubles as a situational comedy in the growing world of divorcees. With great heart and lots of laughs from Dreyfus who uses her new boyfriends ex-wife to get the dirty details on Gandolfini's lovable slob of a character. I love the storyline with Dreyfus's daughter which adds more to the characters and the overall theme to trust in loved ones. This quirky rom com is a must see. This was a beautiful subtle performance from a man known for being an intimidating mobster, James Gandolfini was superb.
½ February 7, 2016
Too much said, I wish they would all shut up