Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

August 16, 2017
Very adventurous. I loved the book and this was a close replica.
½ July 23, 2017
A quarter into the movie and i wanted to walk out of the cinema, feelt like they tried to squeeze in as much as possible in as little time as possible with poor acting and story!
½ July 12, 2017
This should be at the top of the list of movies that killed their franchise.
½ June 7, 2017
Words cannot describe my utter hatred for this movie. While it was written by one of the screenwriters for the film, Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle, or which Eragon is the first, is my favorite book series of all time. What this movie does is strip away everything that made the book interesting and divided it from the plot of Star Wars, which I admit it was a pretty shameless copy of. Not even the effects could save this one, as better ones were being done in 2003. Not to mention, this movie has one of the worst portrayals of elves I've ever seen.
June 1, 2017
The film isn't even as good as the incredibly mediocre novel.
May 26, 2017
Movie is woefully inadequate at bringing in non book readers and from the perspective of a book reader, they tore up the book and used it to wipe their bottoms. Movie is only Eragon in name and awkward acting with random changes and omissions further hurts the movie. It's CGI isnt terrible and a kid might like it I guess..
May 8, 2017
Absolute garbage. Did the writers even open the book?
½ April 29, 2017
I'm going to be the typical 'read the books' kind of person because this movie was that bad.
Everything seemed rushed. The dialogue was terrible ad so the was acting.
Also, to those who are wondering why they haven't made Eldest. They can't. They killed someone who extremely important in Eldest, leaving no way to continue it.

It this movie got a remake, then cool. But I'd love for it to be done right.
½ April 29, 2017
Mediocre film adaptated from a book that should never have gotten a film adaptation in the first place.
½ January 18, 2017
This one was ok overall and enjoyable family movie, but, not too much thrill or excitement in the story
December 31, 2016
I hope for a sequel.
December 17, 2016
12/17/2016: It had its moments, but overall it wasn't that good. It felt like a cheesy SyFy movie.
October 2, 2016
needs a reboot. Dragon was pretty cool tho.
½ October 1, 2016
My review is flawed because how much the movie cut from book.This movie is fine ,but when you have read book then you want to punch film makers in face.
½ September 15, 2016
definitely not as good as the book but made for a good show
August 18, 2016
The only movie to date I walked out of. Based off of the first book of the Eragon series it attempts to portray the events of a detailed and lengthy book and fails to portray much of anything besides bad special effects. Whether you read the books or not I wouldnt recommend the film for anything else besides entertaining small boys while you do something else.
½ August 17, 2016
Great series of books, awful movie
½ August 15, 2016
gay ass dragon....boring movie
July 28, 2016
if you're gonna own this movie it should be on dvd! it sucks as an adaptation