Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

October 2, 2016
needs a reboot. Dragon was pretty cool tho.
½ October 1, 2016
My review is flawed because how much the movie cut from book.This movie is fine ,but when you have read book then you want to punch film makers in face.
½ September 15, 2016
definitely not as good as the book but made for a good show
½ August 19, 2016
Despite what the critics thought, I enjoyed this one and thought it was pretty good. The only part I thought could have been better was the battle scenes near the end as you only see the dragons and lose of the other battles.
August 18, 2016
The only movie to date I walked out of. Based off of the first book of the Eragon series it attempts to portray the events of a detailed and lengthy book and fails to portray much of anything besides bad special effects. Whether you read the books or not I wouldnt recommend the film for anything else besides entertaining small boys while you do something else.
½ August 17, 2016
Great series of books, awful movie
½ August 15, 2016
gay ass dragon....boring movie
July 28, 2016
if you're gonna own this movie it should be on dvd! it sucks as an adaptation
July 21, 2016
My family continues to watch this film on DVD, and also loved the books. The special effects were good and I was always surprised they did not finish the series for film.
July 16, 2016
Expected more. Could have been better in every way.
½ June 9, 2016
Simply a terrible movie. Horrible acting and a bad adaptation of a great book. Overall it was a travesty. The only redeeming factor is Jeremy Irons' performance. The worst part is that we all know that Malkovich can act but he wasn't in this movie. He was simply yelling.
½ June 4, 2016
Basically a totally trash movie. I hate that the critics judged the author based on the movie. Whoever put this movie together decided to disgrace just about every single character in the whole series of books. (Even the most important ones!)
Everyone! Disgraced!

God I hope they remake this.
½ May 10, 2016
This movie destroyed the world Christopher Paolini worked so hard to create. Hope someone will remake this shit.
½ May 5, 2016
absolute disgrace to the books. christopher paolini will groan in agony as he sees his fantastic debut of a book turned into a piece of terribly directed, horribly inaccurate, and atrociously acted kind of trash like this
May 1, 2016
É triste ver um livro tão bom ter um filme tão fraco como esse. Por uma parte a culpa foi pela semelhança com "O Senhor dos Aneis"; por outra culpa da Fox, com sua péssima divulgação. Exemplos não faltam. É realmente lamentável. Mas nem tudo é ruim.
March 26, 2016
Too bad they never made any more films.
February 24, 2016
The books were so good, but the movie sucked the life out of the book and the entire fantasy genre.
February 23, 2016
I have wanted to see this in such a long time.
February 22, 2016
Boring, childish, completely predictable, and racist (the dark ugly people are bad, white shiny people are good; having one black man as a leader among the good guys don't change the overall tone) to boot. Oh and the one significant female human character is basically incapacitated most of the movie (I guess the dragon is female too).