Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

May 26, 2017
Movie is woefully inadequate at bringing in non book readers and from the perspective of a book reader, they tore up the book and used it to wipe their bottoms. Movie is only Eragon in name and awkward acting with random changes and omissions further hurts the movie. It's CGI isnt terrible and a kid might like it I guess..
May 8, 2017
Absolute garbage. Did the writers even open the book?
½ April 29, 2017
I'm going to be the typical 'read the books' kind of person because this movie was that bad.
Everything seemed rushed. The dialogue was terrible ad so the was acting.
Also, to those who are wondering why they haven't made Eldest. They can't. They killed someone who extremely important in Eldest, leaving no way to continue it.

It this movie got a remake, then cool. But I'd love for it to be done right.
½ April 29, 2017
Mediocre film adaptated from a book that should never have gotten a film adaptation in the first place.
½ January 18, 2017
This one was ok overall and enjoyable family movie, but, not too much thrill or excitement in the story
December 31, 2016
I hope for a sequel.
December 17, 2016
12/17/2016: It had its moments, but overall it wasn't that good. It felt like a cheesy SyFy movie.
October 2, 2016
needs a reboot. Dragon was pretty cool tho.
½ October 1, 2016
My review is flawed because how much the movie cut from book.This movie is fine ,but when you have read book then you want to punch film makers in face.
½ September 15, 2016
definitely not as good as the book but made for a good show
August 18, 2016
The only movie to date I walked out of. Based off of the first book of the Eragon series it attempts to portray the events of a detailed and lengthy book and fails to portray much of anything besides bad special effects. Whether you read the books or not I wouldnt recommend the film for anything else besides entertaining small boys while you do something else.
½ August 17, 2016
Great series of books, awful movie
½ August 15, 2016
gay ass dragon....boring movie
July 28, 2016
if you're gonna own this movie it should be on dvd! it sucks as an adaptation
July 21, 2016
My family continues to watch this film on DVD, and also loved the books. The special effects were good and I was always surprised they did not finish the series for film.
July 16, 2016
Expected more. Could have been better in every way.
½ June 9, 2016
Simply a terrible movie. Horrible acting and a bad adaptation of a great book. Overall it was a travesty. The only redeeming factor is Jeremy Irons' performance. The worst part is that we all know that Malkovich can act but he wasn't in this movie. He was simply yelling.
½ June 4, 2016
Basically a totally trash movie. I hate that the critics judged the author based on the movie. Whoever put this movie together decided to disgrace just about every single character in the whole series of books. (Even the most important ones!)
Everyone! Disgraced!

God I hope they remake this.
½ May 10, 2016
This movie destroyed the world Christopher Paolini worked so hard to create. Hope someone will remake this shit.