Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

½ December 13, 2017
Failed to capture what made the Inheritance series great.
December 2, 2017
This movie is a disgrace to the book Eragon, and this is coming from someone who's read all four books.
December 1, 2017
Eragon is amazing!! I love this film and the books. The film does lack a few qualities because the genius that wrote the script decided to take the general storyline, remove all of the aspects imorpant to the character's development, and try to make a movie out of the scraps that were left. They tore this amazing story apart so bad that even if it had gotten the reviews to make the sequel it would have been impossible to follow the second book at all. But, movie is still good, not as amazing as it could have been but, still one of my favorites. And if you found even one second of this movie interesting or entertaining read the books you will love them!
½ November 16, 2017
Even if you have never seen + heard of Star Wars or Lord of The Rings, this film is still a major bore fest. One of the most uninspiring/unoriginal pieces of work Hollywood has ever produced in years.
½ November 12, 2017
Mediocre and dull with bad acting. A failed attempt at a fantasy. Be prepared for a letdown. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ November 5, 2017
The movie sucks but the books are great. The story is very well written, so atleast give Paolini that. A quick search shows Paolini didn't even add anything to the manuscript, and the movie does not follow the books very well.

NEVER judge a book by it's movie. Ever. And don't blame the author for the movie either.
½ September 21, 2017
So we got a princess on the run with an item of importance to an evil empire, said item ends up in a peasant boy's hands, peasant boy loses uncle to soldiers looking for the item, peasant boy gets elderly mentor who teaches him about a near-extinct group of warriors and combat, presents him with his father's sword, a rebellion is being led against empire, evil sorcerer who kills elderly mentor.....THIS IS STAR WARS!!!!!
September 9, 2017
As a kid I've always enjoyed this one, for what ever reason it's impossible for me to hate it
August 16, 2017
Very adventurous. I loved the book and this was a close replica.
½ July 23, 2017
A quarter into the movie and i wanted to walk out of the cinema, feelt like they tried to squeeze in as much as possible in as little time as possible with poor acting and story!
½ July 12, 2017
This should be at the top of the list of movies that killed their franchise.
½ June 7, 2017
Words cannot describe my utter hatred for this movie. While it was written by one of the screenwriters for the film, Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle, or which Eragon is the first, is my favorite book series of all time. What this movie does is strip away everything that made the book interesting and divided it from the plot of Star Wars, which I admit it was a pretty shameless copy of. Not even the effects could save this one, as better ones were being done in 2003. Not to mention, this movie has one of the worst portrayals of elves I've ever seen.
June 1, 2017
The film isn't even as good as the incredibly mediocre novel.
May 26, 2017
Movie is woefully inadequate at bringing in non book readers and from the perspective of a book reader, they tore up the book and used it to wipe their bottoms. Movie is only Eragon in name and awkward acting with random changes and omissions further hurts the movie. It's CGI isnt terrible and a kid might like it I guess..
May 8, 2017
Absolute garbage. Did the writers even open the book?
½ April 29, 2017
I'm going to be the typical 'read the books' kind of person because this movie was that bad.
Everything seemed rushed. The dialogue was terrible ad so the was acting.
Also, to those who are wondering why they haven't made Eldest. They can't. They killed someone who extremely important in Eldest, leaving no way to continue it.

It this movie got a remake, then cool. But I'd love for it to be done right.
½ April 29, 2017
Mediocre film adaptated from a book that should never have gotten a film adaptation in the first place.
½ January 18, 2017
This one was ok overall and enjoyable family movie, but, not too much thrill or excitement in the story
December 31, 2016
I hope for a sequel.
December 17, 2016
12/17/2016: It had its moments, but overall it wasn't that good. It felt like a cheesy SyFy movie.