Eraser - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eraser Reviews

July 20, 2016
Typical Arnold film.
June 18, 2016
Poor film. Lots of explosions etc but failed to entertain and keep me fixed to it.
½ June 14, 2016
L'Effaceur est le retour d'Arnold Schwarzenegger aux films d'action totale, après quelques comédies plus ou moins musclées. Réalisée sans grand génie mais avec beaucoup de rythme par Chuck Russell, L'Effaceur bénéficie de performances assez satisfaisantes, que ce soit Schwarzenegger, James Caan dans un rôle de méchant dont il semble se délecter comme jamais, Vanessa Williams dans la meilleure imitation de Rae Dawn Chong possible ou encore Robert Pastorelli en sidekick comique et d'effets spéciaux franchement très réussis (des alligators, un fusil laser...) malgré le côté un peu over-the-top de la chose. C'est d'ailleurs comme ça que l'on pourrait résumer l'Effaceur : le film n'a jamais peur du ridicule, ce qui le rend amusant tout du long, mais jamais vraiment inoubliable.
½ May 23, 2016
A very awesome and underrated Arnold flick with loads of high scale action and entertainment. Since I am a huge Arnold fan, I totally recommend this!
½ May 7, 2016
A fun little gem from the 1990's doesn't do much out of the box. Yet, it does everything that action movie should do, leaving you invested from start to finish. If you are an Arnold fan, or an action-thriller movie fan, then this film would be worth to check out.
½ April 28, 2016
Very entertaining from the word go even with a not so new plot but it's well done and it has some solid action scenes that still look good today, Arnie does what he does best and that's all we ask from him, If you're into action films this will not disappoint.
½ April 23, 2016
I really enjoyed this one. It had the right amount of ludicrous stunts and I liked how they handled the main character. It was a good genre piece.
April 17, 2016
Eraser (1996) ???
Slam-bang action movie with cutting-edge effects, explosive action, and characters that make sense. A Witness Protection specialist vows to protect a female witness safe no matter how much of a target she is. Cartoonish, perhaps, but tons of fun just the same. A must for action fans. Available on Netflix.
April 2, 2016
OK film but a bit average
March 13, 2016
Great action scenes and vibrant set pieces make up for the few flaws in the story, but this time out with Arnold feels better than many of the others. Plus, who doesn't love a good killer alligator scene?
March 8, 2016
Ahnuld was already becoming sort of a caricature of himself by this point in his career but thankfully this movie boasts Jimmy Caan as the antagonist which cancels out Ahnuld's cheesiness. Hard to say what ever happened to rail guns or Vanessa Williams though.
February 6, 2016
This movie has not aged particularly well. It has an okay story and one quite memorable scene. The cgi looks tired and the level of acting is very typical of an armies movie. Overall though it's pretty entertaining for the most part although the end was a bit disappointing.
½ February 3, 2016
I really enjoyed this high tech thriller.
The movie is somewhat dated now, but at the time the special effects were memorable and up with the times.
There was a good cast, and I thought Arnold, and Caan were really exceptional.
The movie kept me on the edge of my seat.

I also love movies where a badass is protecting someone from shady people.

Arnold is protecting a witness to a shady govt. coverup and basically he has to fend them all off to protect her and expose the truth.

The weaponry in the movie was very memorable and overall it was a fun action movie with very cool special effects.
December 28, 2015
Arnie at his cheesy mid-nineties finest.
December 5, 2015
I don't know what the problem is. I enjoyed the movie and have watched it several times.
November 16, 2015
Super fun action and Arnold film!
November 16, 2015
Some good scenes worth watching but generally it's just the usual action plot you've seen a thousand times, with the bad guys that can't get one bullet straight out of their big guns while the good guys save the happy ending with one shot.
½ November 9, 2015
A satisfying Arnold action thriller
½ November 5, 2015
Un tres bon Schwarzy qui mitraille a tout va. On ne s'ennuie pas.
October 24, 2015
Great film of Arnold playing a agent in this flick.