Fly Away Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fly Away Home Reviews

August 20, 2016
Jeff Daniels and Anna Paquin are brilliant as father and daughter!
July 22, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
June 24, 2016
This is an exceptional movie, even by today's standards.
½ December 17, 2015
This was such a wonderfully done film! Daniels & Paquin nailed it with the father daughter chemistry between them. The flying sequences were some of the most stunningly beautiful & amazingly realistic cinematography shots I've seen on film thanks to the brilliant work from cinematographer, Caleb Deschanel
July 7, 2015
Anna Paquin displaying great acting and she captures the hearts of the audience. Jeff Daniels is also a close second to her in acting, I was very impressed by him in this film, the plot is original and fresh, and the acting is superb.
April 28, 2015
A finely acted,warm spirited feel good movie...every now and then don't we need a good one.
February 25, 2015
Wasn't this movie renamed "Flying Wild"? Not a masterpiece, but a decent film.
February 18, 2015
My favorite movie of all time.
October 6, 2014
This was an amazing movie that I will never forget I loved the story and all the actors
August 24, 2014
About time to download my favorite feel good movie of all time. Watching Amy and her dad fly the birds south is a trip that will lift your spirit.
August 12, 2014
Fly Away Home is a sweet, touching story about the relationship between a young girl and her father who teaches orphaned geese to fly, thanks to its wonderful direction by Carroll Ballard, strong performances by Jeff Daniels and Anna Paquin, and a very well-written story that makes great family fun!
August 3, 2014
personally...I think lots the best movie in the world
½ July 22, 2014
Fly Away Home is a sweetly-centered drama that stays memorable once you watch it.
June 15, 2014
It's a shame this great family movie is overlooked nowadays...
½ May 26, 2014
It's actually pretty difficult to make a family film about animals that's not only suitable entertainment for both adults and children, but is also a genuinely good film. Carroll Ballard has a genuine talent for this genre ... "The Black Stallion" is among the greatest films ever made about animals. This one isn't quite in that league, but it's a wonderful film.
May 1, 2014
My favorite movie as a little kid. For me, it was that one I watched over, and over, and over... until my mother could hardly hear the title without cringing. :)
November 23, 2013
4/5 Hell yeah it's cheesy, but it's great.
½ October 20, 2013
Very enduring relationship between a girl and geese and finding a common bond with her father.
½ September 1, 2013
Based on a true story, this delightful tale will melt the hardest of hearts,as a little girl find and rescue's some wild geese eggs from a ruthless property developer clearing land,she then rears them and tries to return them to the wild.Anna Paquin has gone on to star in X men, and of course Jeff Daniels is exellent.
September 1, 2013
One of my favourite movies