Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

½ July 23, 2017
Quite frankly a masterpiece! Proof that Hollywood is still capable of greatness!
July 18, 2017
One of the greatest movies I have seen, Robert Zemeckis and Eric Roth do a good job in adopting the novel written by Winston Groom into a movie. The movie does a great job in highlighting major events that happened in the 60' and 70's and tell it through the life of one man. In also doing this there are many secondary characters who connect with Forrest and have meaningful parts in the story. This being said if you have every read The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis, or any book about the different loves one can find all of them, the good and bad, in this movie. Which is great, except most people do not see this, or are caught up in making fun of the movie and Forrest or just find it boring. But I do believe this is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot.
July 17, 2017
I am very finicky about putting up with 5 star reviews, but this one deserved more of it! This movie taught people what their life is, and compared it with this story to be greatful of what you have. This movie was extremely funny with stupid parts, and had sadness, and heartbreaking moments. The sadness, happiness, stupidity, humour, and sometimes even hippie overload balanced it well and fairly. This film is longer than most of the others, but was well worth my time, since I watched it in a hotel. This movie even had some interesting history behind it. I think if you tell your kid to watch this, it will help them learn the difference between good and bad. Sometimes even an idiot has a better heart than us, and it's right in our faces.
July 16, 2017
Loved this movie. I liked how it took you through history. Every actor played their part well. An emotional movie about seeing life through Forest Gump'a eyes with a lot of humor and unexpected twists through this fictional characters life. I believe the whole point of the movie was it's not what you say or how you say it, it's what you do!
July 12, 2017
Ironic that Forrest Gump was perceived as the anti-thesis of Pulp Fiction in 1994 when they were both films that satirized American culture - perhaps Forrest Gump even more so, with a strong Democratic slant. The far and in between moments of drama are what apparently made the movie Oscar bait...but make no mistake, take away the melodrama and Tom Hanks' self important acting and what you have is a rather conflicted comedy, that's not sure how to reconcile sins of the past. If not for the expertly handled emotional manipulation by Robert Zemeckis, this movie could have been as heartless as Being There. But the "clean up" crew of 1990s Hollywood was sure to leave everyone feeling sentimental.
July 11, 2017
This is pretty much educational. Life can can vary depending on how we are doing. Nicely done
July 5, 2017
Life IS like a box of chocolates, and what we got here is something more special than Forrest's one-of-a-kind personality and characteristics. So come dive head in into the unpredictable, eventful life of THE Forrest Gump.
July 5, 2017
A sterling masterpiece and pop culture phenomenon that explores the virtues of innocence, and the pain in being unable to look past the clouds. It's a sappy and sentimental affair, to be fair, but it is also an incredibly balanced one.

American film icon Robert Zemeckis keeps things moving at a brisk pace, and directs some stellar performances from his extremely talented cast.
July 4, 2017
Forrest Gump is based on a different young boy from child hood to adult hood as he falls in love, makes friends, and blesses people all over the world throughout his life! Forrest Gump was an amazing movie! The acting was on point, it made me cry, laugh, and it was darn right heart warming! Tom Hanks perfected his character in a way that no one else can! He won many awards for his performance and his character made me fall in love with the whole movie! The first time I saw the movie was a month ago and I have seen it 4 whole times! I love the movie and will never get enough of Tom Hanks In Forrest Gump!
June 30, 2017
April 3rd 2012
June 30th 2017
June 27, 2017
An instant classic honestly. Why cannot there be more movies like this? I don't know. Just the idea of a guy telling random strangers his life story on a bench is amazing. This movie combines great character development, realistic war horrors, and a heart-warming ending. You can't really bring this movie down by saying it has many "cliches" because it's arguably the birth of some cliches movies use. And I'm really glad they just left the masterpiece as it is and not bother with a sequel. There's really no need.
½ June 26, 2017
This is a classic drama and probably Tom Hanks' best movie. It is heartwarming and entertaining.
June 25, 2017
One of, if not, my favorite movies of all time. The plot in the movie is incredible, telling the story of of the most kind hearted and adventurous characters, who goes on the biggest adventures you could possibly go through. His life is one big adventure you will not want too miss.
June 24, 2017
This is one of the best movies ever made. "Forrest Gump" is comical, tragic, and heartwarming all at the same time. Every time I watch Forrest Gump, I can't help but tear up and be amazed at Hanks' incredible performance. This is his best performance, as he is able to capture the essence of this character without making Gump shallow or cringeworthy. Alan Silvestri's beautiful score has always resonated with me, and represents life itself. What makes the film so incredible is the fact that Forrest Gump was just a normal guy waiting for the bus, but with a truly amazing story. Above all, Forrest Gump is a tale of life, and how one responds to it. Just like the floating feather, we are all drifting through the world, from one place to the next. Forrest Gump is an incredible film, and deserves nothing less than 5 stars.
June 22, 2017
one of the best movies I have ever seen.
June 21, 2017
Not sure why this film gets as much praise as it does. The story and concept is about as silly as it can get. And not silly in a good it. It is also highly repetitive. Sure Tom Hanks did a good job but I can't compliment the film much besides that.
June 16, 2017
One of the best movies of all time
June 15, 2017
There is a list of mine containing my favourite films. Forrest Gump is the n.o. 1.
June 9, 2017
Absolutely fantastic! Great story,great performances,great soundtrack.Absolutely emotional for anybody who's watchin' it.I'm just in love with Tom Hanks,he's just a brilliant actor,he proves it in all of his movies.I think nobody can say that he/she doesn't like this movie.Absolutely breathtaking and all deserved oscars !
June 1, 2017
superb movie!!! anyone eles says different is unamerican lol