Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

December 6, 2017
A nice little film that cruises along while trying to avoid offending anyone--meaning it makes no major mistakes, takes no major risks, and, other than a few special effects, is never mind-blowing.
December 2, 2017
Excelent, its a classic. One of the best moments of Tom Hanks.
November 29, 2017
An odd, powerhouse performance by Tom Hanks. Funny, sweet, tragic, sad, and realistic.
November 29, 2017
This film laughs in the faces of all other films. This film Rushes through late 20th century American history with sadness, laughter, drama, and quirkiness, and is thoroughly entertaining. it took me a while to appreciate it fully, but now I just think it's one of the greatest films ever.
November 26, 2017
The film does come with a few laughs, but the insanity of it blows my mind. This guy goes from a kid with braces on his leg to a college football player, a Vietnam war fighter, a winner of some military metal, to a ping pong player, to a shrimp fisherman, a sprinter for 3 years straight, to sitting on a bench telling a million people his lifelong story. It feels boring and the plot is disfunctional. I never will know why people like this film so much.
November 26, 2017
The movie's main character is undoubtedly what makes it stand out, and that's for a reason. Forrest is so appealing and you genuinely care about him.
½ November 21, 2017
Forrest Gump: While far fetched Forrest Gump is a melodramatic, uplifiting character piece. One that showcases Tom Hanks gretaest preformance yet.
November 12, 2017
Tom Hanks gives one of the most memorable performances of the 20th Century as the loving Forrest Gump. Robin Wright also gives a great performance as Jenny and the historical Easter eggs this movie has is what has made this movie a cult classic.
½ November 6, 2017
An emotional ride which takes you through the life of Tom Hanks' exceptionally played Forrest Gump.
October 29, 2017
An iconic movie that's hard to dislike, even though the factual references get on my nerves.
October 28, 2017
Forrest Gump is a fantastic film. With (not so) witty comedy, the best on screen performance by Tom Hanks, historic call-backs, and lovable quotes, this movie lands on my number 1 spot (along with Shawshank Redemption... too hard to choose). It makes you laugh, cry, and feel all human emotions. I love this movie so much. A+, superb, five stars!
October 27, 2017
A fun and feel good movie
October 19, 2017
While, for me, it is a good notch below Pulp Fiction among the Best Picture nominees of that year, it's still good. Tom Hanks creates a compelling and memorable character. 8.1 out of 10
½ October 10, 2017
Though it has a very opinionated message, it still leaves me in tears with a smile on my face.
October 1, 2017
It's the best movie ever Jenn-ay
October 1, 2017
One of my favs. Such a great inspiring story that I'll never forget
½ September 29, 2017
An instant classic honestly. Why cannot there be more movies like this? I don't know. Just the idea of a guy telling random strangers his life story on a bench is amazing. This movie combines great character development, realistic war horrors, and a heart-warming ending. You can't really bring this movie down by saying it has many "cliches" because it's arguably the birth of some cliches movies use. And I'm really glad they just left the masterpiece as it is and not bother with a sequel. There's really no need.
½ September 26, 2017
Absolute terrible garbage fire.
September 25, 2017
Soooooo good! What did you expect?