Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

July 19, 2016
This is a good movie for what it is but I really don't know why people say it's one of the best films ever made.

Forrest Gump is not a smart man but he has accidentally been present at many historical events. While sitting on a park bench, he tells strangers about what he experienced in life and the people he met.

The musical score is well-done and perfectly timed. It hits all the right notes at the right time. It does a great job drawing different emotions out of the audience.

Also, I think that this is a very entertaining feel-good movie. It is also pretty compelling. It has a nice message as well. It's message is that you can achieve all you can in life. It can inspire many people and it does a great job doing what it wanted to do. However, then there are the flaws.

Firstly, the movie often gets crippled under its own sentimentality. I get that the movie was trying to draw emotions out of the audience but it does it too often. Its sentimental moments can be real overwhelming at times. I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending seemed to exist just to add more unnecessary sentimentality to the movie.

Also, this movie is overlong and stretched-out. It could've been cut down a lot. Several scenes I felt could've been cut down or could've been completely left out altogether. I grew bored several times throughout.

In conclusion, this is a pretty good movie and I like it for what it is. I just don't think it's anything special like many people say it is.
July 16, 2016
Got me square in the feels.
July 15, 2016
I love this movie best drama film of Tom hanks
July 12, 2016
Still remains as one of the best movies I've ever seen.
July 11, 2016
Amazing classic. Reminds me of "To Kill a Mockingbird". How does a child view the adult world?
½ July 10, 2016
Forrest Gump is an uneven, but well-made, sentimental, and humorous film with fine performances.
July 8, 2016
This is my all-time favorite movie... The movies plot is outstanding not to mention in my personal opinion Tom Hanks best role! The movie tells the story of a man who's not smartest, go through every major event in the 60's and 70's. Not to mention falling in love with his childhood friend Jenny. And meet his friend Bubba who only talks about shrimp and dreams of one day of being a shrimp fisher, in the war. Overall this movie can make you laugh then cry in one snap. It's a masterpiece!
½ July 8, 2016
I can't believe I went back and actually attempted to watch this decrepit piece of shit. People must have been so extremely head in the clouds pie in the sky high off their asses during the 90's that something this stilted, creepy, and retarded could march past to such acclaim. It pains my heart when I hear "Gumpisms" quoted from this movie. And it deeply saddens me that something as wonderful as a wounded veteran's support organization could be somehow premised upon this movie or any character within it. I wish any wounded veteran would watch any other movie that covers that topic of wounded veterans but this one. I know there aren't a hell of a lot of choices out there, but for crying out loud, people, everybody, all Americans, just stop watching Forrest Gump. It's that shit the robots pump into your brain inside the Matrix. And stop watching The Matrix, too. Just, leave those fossils behind. Stop revisiting them and resetting your brain's developmental levels back to the 90's. Your hormones can't keep up so stop punishing yourself, stop punishing all of us by proxy, and move on. I'm all too happy to give this movie the fewest stars possible just because it deserves it. Get out of my face, Forrest Gump. Never come back. Half of a star out of five.
½ July 6, 2016
Good heartwarming movie. Hanks is incredible as forrest and the movie has a really good soundtrack. This movie is funny but it has a lot of cringy moments.
July 3, 2016
Best movie ever made, a masterpiece that it will change movies forever and ever, for a generation, one of the greatest movie ever made since Star Wars.
June 30, 2016
While it can feel disjointed, Forrest Gump is a classic tale of a man that just wants to live his life and find his destiny. It's brilliantly directed and has a lot of humor and heart.
June 28, 2016
Forrest Gump (1994) C-142m. ?? 1/2 D: Robert Zemeckis. Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Sally Field. Fictional, provocative look at a young man during significant snapshots of his life (as a boy, going off to Vietnam, coming home, etc.), but what really matters is his lovely relationship with Field. An emotional powerhouse, although through some painful scenes lie some which are just downright silly . . . they don't work together. Hanks' odd relationship with Lieutenant Sinise, staggering battlefield sequences in Vietnam, and a soaring romance work best. Hanks' bravura performance earned him a Best Actor Oscar-and how did they ever get him to meet Kennedy? Other Oscars for Picture, Director, Eric Roth's script, Visual Effects, and Arthur Schmidt's sensational editing.
June 25, 2016
It might hit you right in the feels, even as your eyes are rolling. To quote one of Forrest's truest pieces of wisdom: Maybe both is happening at the same time.
June 24, 2016
You want to get in his head, but you can only try. One of my favorite movies. I love the characters.
June 23, 2016
Tom Hanks shines as Forrest Gump, but the movie isn't compelling as it should have been. The first part was boring, the second was a little better, but there are too much manipulative melodramatic scenes to try captivate the audience.
½ June 17, 2016
I really dislike this film. There are other films that examine a "holy fool" character ... "Being There" and "The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" are two that come to mind. Generally speaking, the simplicity of their point of view cuts through the veneer of society and reveals hypocrisy and moral failings. They are satire. This film teaches you that the simpleton can succeed because he doesn't think too much and doesn't really question the core values of society. That's sort of an evil lesson. Good people in this film suffer because they aren't content to accept things as they come ... like being crippled in a war and stuff like that. Really, to hell with this movie. Robert Zemeckis is really a terrible director. There was a time when I was really fond of his output, but perhaps the bulk of that credit should go to Bob Gale. His direction of this film is about as pedestrian as it comes. I noticed during the Vietnam War sequences that almost every other shot was just a row of guys walking in a line. That's how the whole film feels ... the most crashingly dull and obvious shots accompanied by musical choices that are too on-the-nose.
½ June 14, 2016
Forrest Gump is a fantastic Oscar award winning film. This is one of Tom Hank's best movies yet. Forrest Gump will make you sad and smile at Tom Hank's performance as Forrest Gump. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 10, 2016
Truly enjoyed a lot. Surprised I've never seen it before! Tom hanks is so good in this
½ June 9, 2016
As a first review to add to the critic alliance, we thought that we would choose a movie that we care about passionately and all agree on the rating. First things first, Forrest Gump is emotional, bonds with the memorable characters, but still manages to be a fun experience. The amazing acting, action, direction and scripting along with a great cast makes this movie one of the most memorable. One of the best movies to rewatch, the heartfelt details really create a bond with you and the characters. Overall, this movie is one of the best of all time and should be remembered as such. Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy review, remember to keep calm and rant on. #LuitenentDan4Life
May 31, 2016
A tried and true classic!!!