Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

May 22, 2017
81% - Forrest Gump is a weirdly executed film, but the drama created between characters make this piece of cinema quite exquisite and very engaging to watch.
May 21, 2017
Never have I seen a movie where a character (Tom Hanks) indulges on an adventure that seems you through time like Forrest Gump. Fun for all ages.
May 20, 2017
Forrest Gump was the best movie I have ever seen. The inspirational story of a simple minded man experienceing one of the most important moments in American history. Forrest is probably the most likable character in all of film. you will root for him this whole film. I won't spoil anything but I never cried so hard at a movie at the end of Forrest Gump. It's a much watch it's a great family movie but if your kids are above 11. I'm not saying don't let your young kids whatch the movie but for only certain scenes. In clusion Forrest Gump came out in the golden year for
½ May 13, 2017
JUST KEEP RUNNIN FOREST
May 7, 2017
As far as movies go, this is almost flawless.

Tom Hanks does a wonderful job as Forrest Gump and so does Robin Wright as Jenny Curan.

Only Robert Zemecis can make such an amazing spectacle of a film.
May 3, 2017
A classic delving into do many social issues.
April 30, 2017
what a movie !
old but gold
April 28, 2017
I still don't understand how young me ever liked this movie. If this movie has a message, it's a terrible one. Maybe it's: "If you get an atheist to talk to God, God will wipe out your business competition (struggling fishermen) ." Or maybe it's: "If your mom really loves you, she'll make whoopee with the school principle to ensure that you get a good education." Also, the caricatures of each decade could only have been dreamed up by someone (Spielberg) who lived a very sheltered existence during said decades.
April 26, 2017
One of my favorite films. It's got a very good plot and some great humor, courtesy of Tom Hanks, not to mention is recaps several historical moments in somewhat humorous ways. Also, the bench Gump sits on while he tells his story is in Savannah, Georgia. I've actually seen the bench before.
April 24, 2017
This movie is the best I've ever seen. It gives a great look on life and to expect the unexpected with insightful quotes and lessons from every character. Tom Hanks does an exceptional job portraying this character and Gary Sinise does an amazing job as Lieutenant Dan Taylor as well as Robin Wright who plays Forrest's compassionate friend and wife, Jenny. This movie is a treasure.
April 14, 2017
Not as good as everyone says it is but still a classic and a great movie.
April 13, 2017
the most overrated movie of all time. the critics got it right. and this beat Pulp Fiction!!!!
April 13, 2017
A heart-warming and hilarious narrative about the life of a dim-witted man who rises to fame and fortune which will continue to be a people's favourite for years to come. From Tom Hanks's impeccable Alabaman accent to the various
historical events and famous people he came to influence(fictitiously), this movie is entertainment galore.
April 10, 2017
The scene where Forrest meets his son is one of those scene that can make you feel either one of two ways.
Ex 1. "Oh, that's so sweet, seeing Forrest meet his son for the first time, makes me want to cry!"
Or...
"Oh come on! For all we know, that could be somebody elses son!"
April 10, 2017
Movie about American history from about 1955 to about 1985 and all that's significant that happens within that period. There's also a mentally stunted man played by Tom Hanks who is caught up in it along the way. I still enjoy it but not as much as I used to. Just too sentimental.
½ April 9, 2017
This movie relates to me in the fact that I'm sort of handicapped and a freak to most people.
April 7, 2017
More like Forrest Lump of Shit! This movie is so dumb. You wanna watch a good Tom Hanks movie check out the Burbs or Turner and Hooch
½ April 6, 2017
An incredibly original script and fantastic performances make Forrest Gump and timeless classic. From heartwarming to heartbreaking at times, it tells a story that is captivating and filled with charm. Tom Hanks at his very best.
April 5, 2017
Forrest Lump of Shit! This movie is boring and dumb. Tom Hanks was so much better in The Burbs and Turner and Hooch
½ April 4, 2017
This is a good movie for what it is but I really don't know why people say it's one of the best films ever made.

Forrest Gump is not a smart man but he has accidentally been present at many historical events. While sitting on a park bench, he tells strangers about what he experienced in life and the people he met.

The musical score is well-done and perfectly timed. It hits all the right notes at the right time. It does a great job drawing different emotions out of the audience.

Also, I think that this is a very entertaining feel-good movie. It is also pretty compelling. It has a nice message as well. It's message is that you can achieve all you can in life. It can inspire many people and it does a great job doing what it wanted to do. However, then there are the flaws.

Firstly, the movie often gets crippled under its own sentimentality. I get that the movie was trying to draw emotions out of the audience but it does it too often. Its sentimental moments can be real overwhelming at times. I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending seemed to exist just to add more unnecessary sentimentality to the movie.

Also, this movie is overlong and stretched-out. It could've been cut down a lot. Several scenes I felt could've been cut down or could've been completely left out altogether. I grew bored several times throughout.

In conclusion, this is a pretty good movie and I like it for what it is. I just don't think it's anything special like many people say it is.