Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

April 26, 2017
One of my favorite films. It's got a very good plot and some great humor, courtesy of Tom Hanks, not to mention is recaps several historical moments in somewhat humorous ways. Also, the bench Gump sits on while he tells his story is in Savannah, Georgia. I've actually seen the bench before.
April 24, 2017
This movie is the best I've ever seen. It gives a great look on life and to expect the unexpected with insightful quotes and lessons from every character. Tom Hanks does an exceptional job portraying this character and Gary Sinise does an amazing job as Lieutenant Dan Taylor as well as Robin Wright who plays Forrest's compassionate friend and wife, Jenny. This movie is a treasure.
April 14, 2017
Not as good as everyone says it is but still a classic and a great movie.
April 13, 2017
the most overrated movie of all time. the critics got it right. and this beat Pulp Fiction!!!!
April 13, 2017
A heart-warming and hilarious narrative about the life of a dim-witted man who rises to fame and fortune which will continue to be a people's favourite for years to come. From Tom Hanks's impeccable Alabaman accent to the various
historical events and famous people he came to influence(fictitiously), this movie is entertainment galore.
April 10, 2017
The scene where Forrest meets his son is one of those scene that can make you feel either one of two ways.
Ex 1. "Oh, that's so sweet, seeing Forrest meet his son for the first time, makes me want to cry!"
Or...
"Oh come on! For all we know, that could be somebody elses son!"
April 10, 2017
Movie about American history from about 1955 to about 1985 and all that's significant that happens within that period. There's also a mentally stunted man played by Tom Hanks who is caught up in it along the way. I still enjoy it but not as much as I used to. Just too sentimental.
½ April 9, 2017
This movie relates to me in the fact that I'm sort of handicapped and a freak to most people.
April 7, 2017
More like Forrest Lump of Shit! This movie is so dumb. You wanna watch a good Tom Hanks movie check out the Burbs or Turner and Hooch
½ April 6, 2017
An incredibly original script and fantastic performances make Forrest Gump and timeless classic. From heartwarming to heartbreaking at times, it tells a story that is captivating and filled with charm. Tom Hanks at his very best.
April 5, 2017
Forrest Lump of Shit! This movie is boring and dumb. Tom Hanks was so much better in The Burbs and Turner and Hooch
½ April 4, 2017
This is a good movie for what it is but I really don't know why people say it's one of the best films ever made.

Forrest Gump is not a smart man but he has accidentally been present at many historical events. While sitting on a park bench, he tells strangers about what he experienced in life and the people he met.

The musical score is well-done and perfectly timed. It hits all the right notes at the right time. It does a great job drawing different emotions out of the audience.

Also, I think that this is a very entertaining feel-good movie. It is also pretty compelling. It has a nice message as well. It's message is that you can achieve all you can in life. It can inspire many people and it does a great job doing what it wanted to do. However, then there are the flaws.

Firstly, the movie often gets crippled under its own sentimentality. I get that the movie was trying to draw emotions out of the audience but it does it too often. Its sentimental moments can be real overwhelming at times. I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending seemed to exist just to add more unnecessary sentimentality to the movie.

Also, this movie is overlong and stretched-out. It could've been cut down a lot. Several scenes I felt could've been cut down or could've been completely left out altogether. I grew bored several times throughout.

In conclusion, this is a pretty good movie and I like it for what it is. I just don't think it's anything special like many people say it is.
April 2, 2017
one of the best movies ever made in the 90's
April 1, 2017
how is moonlight 97% but forrest gump is only 72%. they need better critics
April 1, 2017
Movies like this one in particular are scarce. And it saw the light more than twenty years ago.
½ March 23, 2017
I cannot believe this won Best Picture instead of The Shawshank Redemption. Not that it's a bad movie. Just not Oscar worthy. Tom Hanks was awesome.
March 20, 2017
Very well done, great acting and realistic.
March 20, 2017
Dumb film. Don't know why it won oscars or is so popular
March 16, 2017
I like it but its way to long
½ March 13, 2017
A film not without it's flaws but pleasant. Carried by a stellar performance by Tom Hanks, this film follows a stupid by kind man's journey as he accidentally stumbles his way though out history. While it's message is a little of the mark, it's fun and immense number of quotable lines make it an enjoyable film.