Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

½ September 18, 2017
Good. A bit overrated
September 13, 2017
Amazing story about time , life , and destiny.
½ September 5, 2017
This one of the most enjoyable and rewatchable movies of all time
September 5, 2017
One of my favorite films. It won Best Picture, Best Actor to my favorite actor Tom Hanks.
August 13, 2017
ovo je top 55 najboljih filmova ikada
½ August 11, 2017
It's brilliantly written, with a fantastic lead in Tom Hanks, and is hilarious and romantic and emotionally tragic and uplifting all beautifully merged together.
August 10, 2017
72%!? That's a disgrace to such an amazing film
August 9, 2017
Good movie. Very heart-warming.
Rating: 7.5/10.
August 7, 2017
A movie of a simple man in midst of the not simple events and struggles in life. Forrest's naiveness allows the viewer to feel, and think for themselves during each event, not being persuaded by the protagonist.
August 6, 2017
A funny, heartfelt, dramatic classic, you can't say this film is bad. Forrest Gump is one of the best films ever made.
½ August 5, 2017
The idea that the main character is telling the whole story is fascinating
and the whole plot is written very well.
July 31, 2017
only 72%?! Now thats stupid!
This movie is a CLASSIC.
½ July 23, 2017
Quite frankly a masterpiece! Proof that Hollywood is still capable of greatness!
July 18, 2017
One of the greatest movies I have seen, Robert Zemeckis and Eric Roth do a good job in adopting the novel written by Winston Groom into a movie. The movie does a great job in highlighting major events that happened in the 60' and 70's and tell it through the life of one man. In also doing this there are many secondary characters who connect with Forrest and have meaningful parts in the story. This being said if you have every read The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis, or any book about the different loves one can find all of them, the good and bad, in this movie. Which is great, except most people do not see this, or are caught up in making fun of the movie and Forrest or just find it boring. But I do believe this is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot.
July 17, 2017
I am very finicky about putting up with 5 star reviews, but this one deserved more of it! This movie taught people what their life is, and compared it with this story to be greatful of what you have. This movie was extremely funny with stupid parts, and had sadness, and heartbreaking moments. The sadness, happiness, stupidity, humour, and sometimes even hippie overload balanced it well and fairly. This film is longer than most of the others, but was well worth my time, since I watched it in a hotel. This movie even had some interesting history behind it. I think if you tell your kid to watch this, it will help them learn the difference between good and bad. Sometimes even an idiot has a better heart than us, and it's right in our faces.
July 16, 2017
Loved this movie. I liked how it took you through history. Every actor played their part well. An emotional movie about seeing life through Forest Gump'a eyes with a lot of humor and unexpected twists through this fictional characters life. I believe the whole point of the movie was it's not what you say or how you say it, it's what you do!
July 12, 2017
Ironic that Forrest Gump was perceived as the anti-thesis of Pulp Fiction in 1994 when they were both films that satirized American culture - perhaps Forrest Gump even more so, with a strong Democratic slant. The far and in between moments of drama are what apparently made the movie Oscar bait...but make no mistake, take away the melodrama and Tom Hanks' self important acting and what you have is a rather conflicted comedy, that's not sure how to reconcile sins of the past. If not for the expertly handled emotional manipulation by Robert Zemeckis, this movie could have been as heartless as Being There. But the "clean up" crew of 1990s Hollywood was sure to leave everyone feeling sentimental.
July 11, 2017
This is pretty much educational. Life can can vary depending on how we are doing. Nicely done
July 5, 2017
Life IS like a box of chocolates, and what we got here is something more special than Forrest's one-of-a-kind personality and characteristics. So come dive head in into the unpredictable, eventful life of THE Forrest Gump.