The Fringe Dwellers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fringe Dwellers Reviews

October 18, 2014
Not a bad snapshot of mid-80s Australia. Hopefully, in terms of racial stereotypes and profiling, a lot has changed since then. I feel like a lot more could have happened or been said with this film, but the point about breaking old patterns applies to all walks of life, not just the Outback/Indigenous people... Some nice scenes & acting, but overall not too memorable.
March 9, 2011
Great film about identity and alienation. Good film for young teens to sink their teeth into. Different notions about race, family.
July 27, 2010
I would like to know why Magnum P.I.s mug is plastered on the still image of the video for this movie. That implies that he is in this movie and if he had been that might have been a good thing since that would have increased the exposure that this movie would have gotten to American audiences. But, he's not, AT ALL, and it is just dumb to have him there!

Another Flixster screw up!!
December 13, 2009
Yes, there are life styles differences in Australia.
½ February 24, 2009
Kinda depressing but very well done.
September 27, 2008
Great movie about the struggle of the Andigenous people of Australia. Tribly story is riveting!!! Surprise ending!!!
June 30, 2008
The accents were really thick, not to mention the audio blew. However, what I could understand was really inciteful and smart.